“Definitely recommend the combo day!”
Review of Blazing Saddles

Horse Riding Tour from Cairns
$171.76*
Full-day Horse Riding and ATV Tour from Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: Blazing Saddles is the longest established horse riding and quad bike tour company in Far North Queensland. Locally owned and operated, it is now located only 10mins from both Cairns and Northern Beaches to suit even the most time conscious visitor or perfect for a soft adventure activity for the whole family!Blazing Saddles is now a working sugar cane farm and the property also boasts an 18 acre billabong which is abundant with native birds and amphibious creatures of all shapes and sizes! You will also meet our resident geese, peacocks and ducks, perhaps even spot a crocodile!We cater for large groups as well as the corporate and incentive market making these activities great for team building ideas.Our Horse-riding tour offers a safe, relaxing way to meander through rainforest pockets, mangrove wetland, sugarcane fields and native bush! With a stable of horses to suit all ages and levels, this is a perfect family adventure. Our horses have a friendly, mature nature and will be matched to each riders experience and ability. Draw up on horse-back alongside our 18 acre billabong for a billy tea over a camp fire and the chance to see a croc in the wild!Our Quad Bikes are easy to ride and provide the perfect adventure. With a fleet of both 90cc and 250cc bikes, your guides will ensure the perfect balance between safety and fun! So easy to ride, our group sizes remain small, to guarantee your personalized experience. Anyone can do it!
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Absolutely fantastic day! We chose horse riding and quad biking together to save money and we were not disappointed!
Excellent day out for all the family - we were experienced riders and had a trot and canter but there were people on our trail who had never sat on a horse!
the staff were fantastic and had horses for people of all shapes and sizes.... they literally take you into the paddock and match you with a horse you get introduced to and off you go!

the quad biking is superb! you are free to bomb about on the specially made track and you get FILTHY!! Do Not wear anything white or that you wouldnt want to get covered in mud! but what a great day - we had Ally as our tour guide who cracked jokes, told us about the local history of the place - let us have a run on the horses and spoke fluent Japanese (which was impressive!)
Definitely recommend the combo - riding and quad biking you wont regret it!

There are newer reviews for Blazing Saddles

Reviewed February 12, 2013

If your someone who likes to have have and get dirty then quad biking is for you! It was my first time, and I was hooked. I'd love to do it again, but maybe next time in wetter conditions, because when it gets dry it can get really dusty (not very pleasant), and I'd love to do the tracks in the mud.... but thats just me :) The Blazing Saddles crew where fun, friendly and helpful which made a real difference in the experience, especially for a first timer like myself. T'was a good day out for my friends and I. I'd urge tourists and locals alike go out there and have a bit of fun in the sun :)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

So surprised , bad weather cancelled our reef trip.
But this was the silver lining.. Best staff, best scenery and I might of fell in love!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to Blazing Saddles in mid Jan 2013 with my 2 teenage daughters. We rode the horses and the ATV's in the same day. What a great experience. As we had ridden quite a bit before, they gave us some terrific horses - very responsive! The ride itself on the property isn't very challenging for an accomplished rider but what makes it awesome is the history lesson that Ally, our guide, gave us. He regaled us with stories about long lost explorers who forged the paths through the region hundreds of years ago, cannibalising their way up north. Really entertaining stuff. Then we peeled off from the rest of the group for a bit of a canter in the rain and slippery mud. Not the fastest riding ever but you couldn't have gone much faster without endangering yourself - considering the conditions. All in all, a fine quiet peaceful ride through gorgeous scenery. Then ..... the ATV's!! (All Terrain Vehicles). These were so much fun! The girls got 90cc one's that gave them plenty of thrills but wouldn't kill them - I got a 250cc that seriously rocked when you gave it some stick. We ripped around the track for about 40 mins and gave them hell. The we tore through the sugar cane fields for another 25 mins or so and returned for a final 20 mins on the track again. It was an absolute ripper of a day. We left at 8.45 am and were back by 1.30pm but the kids and I had an absolute blast and were thoroughly spent by the end of it. The staff were great and they looked after us very well. HANDY TIPS - you can borrow shoes (cheap sneakers) free of charge when you get there and apparently you can hire jeans if you are riding horses (recommended). They give you hair nets which make you feel heaps better about putting on the helmets. The food is nothing more than sausages and onion in a slice of bread (lots of sauces to throw on) and you can make your own tea and coffee - all included in the price. Cost me $525 for 1 adult and 2 kids (under 14) for the horse riding and ATV's. (Note that kids under 12 can't ride the ATV's.) We went on a rainy, muddy day that was absolutely perfect for this type of activity - highly recommended in weather that is not too hot. This turned out to be the highlight of the kid's holiday (and just quietly - I loved it too!! :-)) A bit pricey but the ATV's are not to be missed - horses are an optional extra if you have the time and $$$. Don't wear anything white!!!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our young daughters (ages 8 & 11) love horses. I however am terrified of them. So this was an experience I was not sure that I would enjoy, but chose to experience for the sake of my children. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The horses were well looked after, calm and well trained. Our Guide Stephen was great! He kept an eye on each and every rider on the trail and made it all seem very natural for first time horse riders like myself. All of this was captured by Blazing Saddles own photographer, who mysteriously would appear in parts of the trail to capture amazing shots of all of us. This was a wonderful experience for the whole family, as each horse chosen for us was suited to the rider. We will most certainly be back to enjoy this fantatic experience again soon!