“I have stayed here before and now better”

Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Knowsley
“I have stayed here before and now better”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before with no complaints , the staff are fantastic.
They have now added a Bistro dining coffee shop type of area and food is very good , I hade the homemade steamed pudding one night and then the Lancashire hot pot the second night , was fantastic quality. Whilst there I noticed builders in the car park and was told they are building a spa in the hotel , I enquired about it and was shown the artists impressions , looks very inviting and luxurious , cant wait as then will bring my wife with me.
Once again fantastic stay here.

Room Tip: My tip is to stay here if you are near Liverpool and don't want to pay hefty car parking overnig...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and for such great scores.
Its always nice to see that our customers return to us after a pleasant stay. We opened our new Bistro approx. 3 months ago and it is very popular. We can now offer fine dining in our restaurant and good home cooking in our bistro and you mentioned the homemade pudding which has everybody talking about them, because they are so big and fabulous. We are all very excited about our new Luxurious Spa that is opening in September. You will definitely have to bring your wife along to have one of the Decleor or Carita treatments or to just indulge in our rasul and thermal area before some quality rest in our relaxation room. Your wife will certainly enjoy her experience in the spa. We look forward to welcoming you back here in the near future.
Once again thank you
Mrs Pat King

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Wanted a bed to sleep in, and a good feed. I arrived tired, and was met at reception by the most helpful friendly lady, arrived at my room and was shocked at the quality and size of it, this first ten minutes gave me the warmest of feelings and thought can this place be this good. I travel a lot and most hotels have some down fall. I could not find one, all the staff were great friendly and obviously well trained, the place was spotless, so clean, and the food out of this world. I actually felt it a pleasure to pay, what a great two nights stay I had and will look forward to staying again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent scores and comments and for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I am glad that you felt warm feelings from your stay here and that you thought the rooms were quality as we also think we have a quality product here. We are all very proud of our hotel and the staff portray this in their approach to customers. We try our very best to give all our guests a good customer experience and if they leave with comments like yours then we know we have done our job properly.
we look forward to welcoming you back soon and maybe then you will be able to indulge in our new spa that is about to open in September.
Once again thank you for your comments
General manager
Reviewed July 3, 2014

i stayed at this hotel last month, attended a wedding function. the "room" was as it says on the tin and some. it was spacious, clean and comfortable. the staff were very attentive and could not do enough. their customer focus was second to none. the food was delicious, i could not find fault at all. highly recommended. i will definately be making a return journey.

Room Tip: as far as i could tell, all rooms were good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your excellent scores and comments.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff looked after you so well, we do have lovely staff and we are very proud of them and the attention that they give our customers. I hope you will return in the future and maybe our luxurious spa will be open on your next visit and you can indulge in a lovely Decleor or Carita facial in one of our 8 treatment rooms, thermal area or relaxation room. You may wish to have a manicure or pedicure too. It is due to open in September.
Once again thank you for your comments and great scores
Lincoln
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I didn't have high hopes of this - how wrong I was. I have stayed in numerous lounge level suites in, shall we say, well known international hotel chains, and the suite here was well up to standard. Some hotels use the word 'suite' to mean a big room with a sofa, but this definitely is a suite with a separate sitting area (a bit dark for reading) and workspace, and a large bedroom. The restaurant was allegedly closed although full of people, so I assume there was a private party in. The Bistro menu was slightly strange (Stilton, mushroom and onion steamed pudding) but perfectly OK. The only downside was that the air con was not working, due to plant replacement, but I was told this on check in and offered a fan. I would certainly consider another stay if I were in the area again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your great scores.
All of our suites are a good size and have 2 rooms with a TV in each room, one being a large bedroom and the second room being the lounge/Dining area which can be used for either work or study to just relaxing on the sofa.
The restaurant does close on certain nights each week but the bistro is open 7 nights per week and offers a vast array of food from Good home cooking like Cod, chips and mushy peas to Club sandwiches or wraps and the Table d'Hote menu is also available in the bistro when the restaurant is closed.
With regards to the air con, we are having a new area added to the hotel which is a spa complete with 8 treatment rooms, a fantastic thermal area and relaxation room, unfortunately this means alterations to the heating and cooling which meant a complete drain down of the system , this work had to be done and we did advise all our residents by letter to their rooms. I am pleased that you were happy with your stay here and I look forward to seeing you here again in the future.
once again, Thank you
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Thank you to all the team at Suites Hotel Knowsley. I reported a flicking light in bathroom and on my return all resolved. Fantastic service for ordering lunches with Brenda at the bar. Great service for evening meals. I highly recommend Suites Hotel Knowsley.

Dear David
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your great scores and comments.
I am pleased that you were happy with the service received and I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff concerned, I know that they will be pleased that you were happy with your stay.
I hope you will return to stay with us in the future and if you do please make yourself known to us.
Once again thank you
Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is not only very comfortable, it is situated so conveniently not just for local cities...Liverpool, Manchester, Southport and Blackpool but also for access to the M6. It is situated on the A580, a main artery route into Liverpool...despite this there is no traffic noise to disturb your sleep!

The hotel currently has a decent restaurant, bar, conference and party venue facilities and a fitness centre; there are also plans for a Spa Centre soon.

I am a wheelchair user and have no difficulties in accessing all public areas and rooms

The staff are well-trained, really attentive, pleasant and helpful. The rooms are well-appointed and the executive rooms are spacious. The cost of a stay is extremely competitive. All in all, I can't recommend it strongly enough.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are spacious, the executive family rooms have two separate sleeping areas so are...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
Its so nice to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed all the facilities. We are very wheelchair friendly here at the Suites and have specially appointed bedrooms in both the standard block and the executive block to accommodate this.
The hotel is very well located on the motorway network. Thank you for your comments about the staff, they always rate very highly in all the reviews for which we are very proud of them.
I hope you will return to stay with us again in the future and if you do please make yourself known to me and we can have a chat over a cup of tea and I can thank you in person for your review
Once again thank you for your excellent scores
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We picked the Suites at random off the internet - due to a family tragedy we had three family members in hospitals in the area.
From the moment we and our two daughters arrived, we were treated with wonderful kindness. Our Executive suites were very comfortable, and as we were there on and off, for four months, the sitting room adjoining our bedrooms was a great space to have.
We cannot fault the staff, the dining room and the general friendliness of the hotel.
We actually miss them all, now that we have returned home!

Room Tip: Whether Executive or Standard, all rooms have sitting room. The top floor is quietest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alys F
Thank you for your excellent review and scores
I recall you and your family staying here with fond memories and we miss you too.
I know it wasn't the most pleasant of circumstances why you stayed with us but I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, it was a real pleasure to have you staying here and I know that all the staff were very fond of you all. I hope all is well with your family and if you are ever here in the area please do pop in for a cuppa.
Best regards
Mrs Pat King
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowsley
Central Liverpool
30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
#15 of 97 in Liverpool
Central Liverpool
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Liverpool

Been to Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley? Share your experiences!