“My daughter's wedding reception”

Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Knowsley
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“My daughter's wedding reception”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are planning a wedding i would unconditionally recommend the Suites Hotel to you. From the first moment we met Alison our wedding coordinator to the final goodbye from the reception staff on the Sunday morning we received exceptional service.
Alison helped plan and arrange the day from start to finish and accommodated all my daughters and her new husbands requests so they felt 100% confident and they weren't let down.
On the day John was the toast master who never stopped, he was tireless in ensuring we received first class service, and we did.
We were greeted with drinks on arrival and in the Atrium and my daughters own mini cupcakes. We were served our meal in a beautifully decorated room and the meal was both hot and delicious. Everyone's catering needs were met and the staff were faultless in their service, we cannot praise the staff enough.
The buffet again was of the same exceptionally high standard and my daughter was allowed to do her own Candy cart which the staff laid out and topped up for her throughout the night.
The disco was immaculate and played all the music we wanted till 1.00 in the morning.
We stayed the night as did most of our guests and the rooms as usual were brilliant, clean and well maintained. We booked the Lindon suite for our daughter and it was worth every penny, so special for such a wonderful event.
We cannot praise the staff at the suites enough, even after a long day serving us they turned up for breakfast service the next day bright and cheerful and asking if we had enjoyed our day, a credit to the business team at the suites.
Do not hesitate in booking this venue for any celebration. We have used it for many occasions both happy and sad and never been let down. You feel so special, their customer service is exemplary and they love looking after you and your guests. 100% recommendation well deserved

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank amra10
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about the food, service, Staff and rooms. When we read comments like yours it gives the staff a great moral boost as they really enjoy and take pride in what they do. We are very proud of the professionalism and friendliness of our Staff and The Hotel overall. We like to think that all our customers enjoy their stay and events as much as you have and that is what we strive to acheive. I hope you will be back with us in the future and I would love to have a chat and a cup of tea with you to personally thank you for your comments.
Once again Thank you for the excellent scores and wonderful comments and wish your daughter and son in law all the best for the future from all at The Suites Hotel
best regards
Mrs Pat King

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Scozia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The Suites Hotel is a fine hotel offering good accommodation especially for the business traveller. Handy for the main routes in and around Liverpool, its' location is not overly attractive but the hotel itself makes up for this by offering good, clean accommodation with wifi in all rooms. The rooms themselves are very large but the layout is rather strange with windows looking out of the sitting area onto the corridor. The bedroom area is large with all you could want. The bathroom however is rather small given the overall size of the room.
The restaurant is well laid out and all staff very friendly and helpful although I did notice a few other guests did have to make their request for drinks etc a couple of times but this appeared to be the exception rather than the rule and I certainly had no problems with anything I ordered.
The food was good rather than brilliant, but compared to some hotels I have stayed in, it was more than adequate and tasty enough.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in this area and would certainly recommend it over the Holiday Inn located across the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your lovely comments and good scores.
The hotel although is out of town is a great location for the motorway networks and is only 15 minutes drive to the city centre. When the hotel was built its original surroundings were fields and meadows and the buildings have popped up after the hotel. Thank you for your comments about the spacious room and the friendly staff, they are frequently mentioned in these reviews and we are very proud of this. I cant comment on guests having to request their drinks a couple of times as this has not been brought to my notice but I will look into this. I am please however that your service was good and that you enjoyed your food. I hope that you will visit us again in the future and would like to thank you for your recommendation.
Best regards
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to the suites for the last 4 years on business trips and in all that time the service as been excellent. The food is off an excellent quality and cooked to perfection. All the staff are warm and friendly and always have a friendly greeting and smile when speaking to you. The rooms are large with tvs in both the lounge area and bedroom. The hotel also as leisure facilities in a gym and pool and although I did not use them business colleagues tell me that they are excellent as well. Can't wait for return in dec when on business again keep up the excellent work and service standards

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent review. We are pleased that you enjoy our food and we always buy the best quality and try to vary the menu for our guests. Our staff always rate very highly in these reviews which makes us very proud. We look forward to your return in December and you really must try the leisure facilities. Please make yourself known to me and I will have a chat with you over a cup of tea.
once again thank you for your great comments
Best regards
Wigan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went to my brothers wedding reception and stayed overnight. The rooms were very clean and spacious, and as the name indicates had a sitting area with a second t.v.
The staff were all very pleasant and eager to please, nothing was too much trouble.
At the wedding breakfast the staff were professional, all arriving at the table at the same time, so everyone was served at the same time
The food was excellent and was hot.
On our table we had requested a glutton free meal, and they got it exactly right.
In the evening it was the same, all very good.
At breakfast we had the same friendly efficient service and lovely food with plenty of choice
Would strongly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments and excellent scores. I am pleased that you had a good experience with us when you were here for your brothers wedding. We are very proud of the staffs friendliness and the good service that they give. We recently changed the style of service on banqueting and we are very pleased at the way it has been received. We feel that it is a more professional and quicker service. I do hope you will come back to stay with us again in the future and once again many thanks for taking the time to write your comments.
best regards
surrey
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here in May 2013 for 2 nights with family.
Booked 2 rooms. Reception friendly on arrival, smooth check in.
Room was spacious but looked a bit tired. Bathroom was not as clean as it could have been, reported this and it was addressed.
Breakfast was good and the staff very happy and helpful.
A good hotel for short breaks and hopefully rooms will be updated where needed. I suppose it must be difficult if rooms are always occupied.

Room Tip: Request a quieter room as there are lots of weddings etc taking place
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks for your feedback , we noticed you stayed last May , it would be nice to get instant feedback as it helps any business to be pro-active.

Since your stay there has been many changes to the hotel and it is a constant job upgrading the whole place , I am sure if you come back you will see all the changes we have made , hotels that get used a lot don’t always have refurb programs but it is something that we are constantly doing at the Suites. Sorry about the bathroom not being clean for you , this makes our blood boil more than yours I can assure you feedback like this helps us to get it right.

All the rooms are quiet at the Suites , we do try to keep wedding guests in one area , but some book online and that is difficult to control , it is something we are aware of and proactive on it.

The rooms are quiet yes , some guests are sometimes over enjoying themselves , unfortunately on this occasion a problem for you and us alike.

Hope you stay with us again , if so make yourself known and I can meet you personally.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The only reason I decided to stay at this venue was because it was half the price of the hotels in the city centre; it was also cheaper than the nearby Premier inn. I was therefore not expecting much I arrived very late after a nightmare trip up the M6 and was greeted by a happy smiling receptionist who asked if I would like a smoking room.
The room itself is divided into 2 parts a seating area with TV tea and coffee and then the bedroom with King size bed and TV.

I was pleasantly surprised everything worked ok and for the price there is very little to complain about.

Breakfast was a buffet affair and everything was well stocked.

There was a couple of niggles. TV’s to small (19 inch) Air Con would only drop temperature by a couple of degrees anymore and you have to ask reception. Room although clean was a little dusty (maybe not used for a while) could do with an extractor in living area as with bedroom door closed there was no through air. However for the price paid it more than lived up to my expectations and the niggles were more of a personal preference. If I’m in the area again this will be the first place I look to book as opposed to the last

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Edward B
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your great scores and comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Suites hotel and that you were greeted warmly after such a tedious journey. Our staff are always happy and smiling and we feel that this can help to lift your mood especially if you have had a bad journey. Yes we give a very good rate for a 4 star hotel and all our rooms are suites with a bedroom and lounge area too with TV's in both. I am sorry you found the TV a bit small for you but they are all 22inch screens and we feel that anything bigger would overpower the room.
we appreciate all comments and feedback from our customers
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
once again thank you for the great scores
Solva, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We choose this hotel for the August Bank holiday because the central Liverpool hotels were way too expensive due to the Liverpool International Music Festival being held that weekend. We were delighted with the size of our suite, our son of 13 had a room and TV to himself and we were able to have our bit of privacy! The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful, even the owner stopped and spoke with us for over 20 minutes - a first in my experience! The rooms were serviced to a high standard and the pool and fitness area were excellent. In all we had a great 4 days at the Suites and we will definitely use it again. Well done and thank you for welcome.
The Reynolds family, Pembrokeshire

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much The Reynolds Family in Pembrokeshire for your lovely comments.
All the rooms are good sizes and they are great if you have children as they can watch what they want on one TV in the lounge and you can watch what you want on the second TV in the bedroom. Our staff are very friendly and helpful and this gets mentioned a lot in these reviews, we are extremely proud of our staff. The owner Peter regulerly enjoys meeting and chating with customers throughout the week.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and made good use of the facilituies and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Many thanks for your 5 stars.
Suites Hotel Knowsley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowsley
Central Liverpool
30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
#15 of 97 in Liverpool
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,988 reviews
The Nadler Liverpool
#2 of 97 in Liverpool
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,890 reviews

Been to Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley? Share your experiences!