“Great location but poor breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Knowsley
“Great location but poor breakfast”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is in a great location we stayed for just one night as in Liverpool for an evening football game and didn't want to drive back to Sunderland late. We booked through Expedia and paid £36 for a family room and breakfast which despite the quality of the breakfast I still think is a good deal. A couple of negatives - the bed was extremely soft to the point where when I turned over in bed I almost fell out !!! Also the only way to adjust the temperature was to open the window which was not ideal when situated fairly near a main road. My main grumble would be the 'complimentary breakfast' we went down at 7.40 and the sausages and beans were stone cold. The toaster next to the bread took absolutely ages even when on highest power and I gave up after about 7 minutes and had very lightly toasted bread and cold beans. We were seated for about 10 minutes when a large group arrived and filled the entire area and this showed that there was no where near enough seating for guests and I was pleased we had got up early. On the plus side the juice and coffee was unlimited and my Son did enjoy the pastries. I would say on the whole this hotel was adequate but if I had paid any more I would have been highly disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear spentacularju,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am pleased that our location was convenient. However, I regret that the breakfast served did not live up to standards and if the condition of the bed was sub par. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Never stopped at one of these before.Very impressed though.As soon as you walk in you feel this is a nice clean hotel.Everything was so new.The reception was nice,as were the staff.Ideal place for a one night stay.The rooms are all in excellent condition.Plus they are very spacious.The bathroom was also well lit and in mint condition.I think we paid around £50 for the room and a continental breakfast,which was more than adequate.My overall impression was I would definitely go there again,as it is only 20 minutes from Liverpool,and an ideal spot for visiting local attractions.

Room Tip: If you want a no smoking room make sure you are on the first floor.Also try and get one with an even...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

stayed here a few times, great budget hotel Staff friendly
rooms comfortable, great TV size
I was surprised to read a comment about Hotel not having a restuarant, as during my visit, they was serving meals, it is a limited menu, but what was being served look good to me
They also offer a take away delivery service, which I have used and always found the service and quality of food good
The location is out of town, and on an Ind estate, but Many Hotels are nowadays, and I would think this is how the can offer such low rates, so to anyone you moans about this, pay £100 plus and stay in the city !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank j0llyjenks
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed 5.12.12

I seem to be spending the majority of my weekdays at Holiday Inns at the moment. When I see I'm booked into an Express Hotel my heart does sink a bit. However the staff here have more than made up for things. Warm and friendly welcome, a smoking room so that I dont have to stand outside in the cold sucking on a roll up with nipples like chapel hat pegs and they offered to sort out some breakfast half an hour before the officially start serving because I have to leave early. Frankly I wouldn't be happier if you covered me in honey and threw me to the lesbians.

Free internet and parking as well!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Torquay
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I agree with some previous favourable comments, staff were helpful and friendly, if at times coping under pressure, as in the over-full breakfast room at the weekend I was there.
The room and bed, were average, reasonably comfortable.
However, coming to the hotel after a 250 miles drive on a Friday, was made more difficult by inadequate signage from a major roundabout to the access which is along a service road into the surrounding business park.

Beware, if you visit at a weekend. All that was on offer for an evening meal was a takeaway. I was shown a menu for either a Chinese meal or an Indian meal, which was then ordered by a member of staff on the telephone. A wait of 45 minutes followed.
This, despite the hotel advertising on its website that it has a restaurant, and is still doing so without qualification.
My e-mail detailing my complaint ( advised to do so by staff on duty at the time), plus a further letter to Holiday Inn Customer Services, to date , remain unanswered.
Next time in the area I shall return to the Premier Inn; comfortable, friendly, and with a fully functioning restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed one night last weekend, found the hotel very clean and the staff were all cheerful and polite
Breakfast was busy, but well stocked with food continually being replenished.
Check in and out was super quick, will definitely choose to stay here again- great service- great value, great find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
susanexhi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear John J, Many thanks for your review of our Hotel, it's always a delight to hear our Guests have enjoyed their stay with us, we encourage feedback from our Guest's to maintain our customer satisfaction which is our upmost priority. I do hope if your in Liverpool in the future you would choose to stay at Holiday Inn Express Knowsley once again.

Many thanks

Susan O'Boyle
.Abondance
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed one night here, having travelled far we were very tired, we found tbe staff to be excellent, not wanting to go out to eat, they offered to order us a take away and also supplied the plates and forks, they couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were what we expected, clean and inviting, the only fault are the pillows, they could have been softer.

The breakfast had plenty of choice, typical of a buffet.

Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mlynnf50
susanexhi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Mlynnf50

Thankyou for taking the time to share your review with us, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay & our Staff were helpful. Thanks for your feedback about our pillows, we will look into this as we offer both a firm and soft choice of pillows.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our Hotel in the future should you be visiting the area again.

Susa O'Boyle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowsley
Suites Hotel & Spa -  Knowsley
Travelodge Liverpool Stonedale Park
Village Hotel Liverpool
Park Hotel
Park Hotel
#57 of 97 in Liverpool
Premier Inn Liverpool North Hotel
Premier Inn Liverpool (Tarbock) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley? Share your experiences!