“good hotel”
Review of Thinh Vuong Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kontum
Thinh Vuong Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Kontum B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“good hotel”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were taken here by a taxi driver after arriving in Kon Tum with no idea where to stay. Very lucky as this hotel turned out to be very good in a town with not much around. Breakfast is charged extra but pretty decent. The staff do not speak English ( our fault, I know) and we could not get any help with booking a bus or tour or any advice about where to go. Also they rent bikes out at very expensive rates and have no automatics, so went else where!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Vietnamese first
Northampton
Reviewed February 16, 2013

For frequent visitors to Kontum, it's an unanimous decision that the Thinh Vuong Hotel is the place to stay at. The hotel embodies cleanliness, friendliness, and service. The internet worked very well during my 2 week stay- that's not something to take for granted in Vietnam. The owners are incredibly accommodating, and I found the rates to be a very good value.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MA_Traveler25
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks while volunteering. Service was impeccable, with all the staff knowing exactly what room you are in and saying hello to you. Not all of the staff speaks English but we managed to get by- everyone was so friendly.
Location was great- not in the thick of it but close enough to everything- including cafes and the river.
Breakfast was great and simple, and the laundry was fast and super cheap. 8000d for pants!
Shower was not tall enough for me so I chose to bathe instead. However much to my dismay the plug on the tub diddnt work so I ended up sitting in the tub with the handheld shower. The pipes must have leaked too because any time I bathed I ended up with a swimming pool on my floor!
I didn't mind though because the rest made up for it and it only added to the experience with giggles! If I'd mentioned it I'm sure they would have immediately rectified! My friends room had no troubles at all- so must just be my bad luck!

Will definitely stay here again when I am back in Kon Tum!

• Stayed January 2013
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Truly memorable hotel for all the right reasons . One of those hotels where the answer was always yes , and with a smile . I stayed for only 4 nights but would be happy here for a month or longer . If your exploring the beautiful central highlands or just taking a break from the heat of Vietnam this is the place to stay . My room was spacious and clean and a couple of minor problems were immediately sorted out . How Ms Sym (?) , the owner manager , keeps her staff so 'smiley' I have no idea but for me it was a joy . From the (simple) breakfast to the scooter rental fleet , Thinh Vuong Hotel ticked the boxes . I would not consider any other hotel or town in the central highlands , what more can I say ? I liked it !

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 1HappyToTravel
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Our internet wasnt working .
But overall this hotel is very good value.
The lady owner is very friendly.
For this town its not bad.
Please dont go to dakbla restaurant down the road its horrible .. the bakery is better.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank andywhyte
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Got up (can't even say woke up, because I don't think I slept at all) with a massive migraine. Shouldn't come as a total surprise, at USD 20 per night, for 2, including breakfast. That's part of the good news. The other good bits are the wonderful owners and staff, the TV with a couple of English channels and desktop with internet in the room and plenty of hot water.
But there is a lot of noise at night (air con systems? monstrous fridge?) (try imagine sleeping next to a running truck). And you can feel every spring in the mattress.
Still, I think this is your best option in Kontum.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andywhyte
Witney
Reviewed December 14, 2012

For anyone passing through Kontum or looking for a base, the Thinh Vuong Hotel is ideal. We enjoyed four nights at this really excellent hotel, where we were fortunate to have every comfort from beds,TV to computer. For once we had the luxury of a bath with no problems with hot water and everything was clean. Breakfast was good and arrangements made for our transport to our next destination.

The owner and staff could not do enough for us or make us feel more welcome. The Thinh Vuong is somewhere we look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Ask for a VIP room