Kalem Island Oliviera Resort
Agz Otel(Dikili)
  • Breakfast included
Asude Hotel(Bergama)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The Oliviera Resort Hotel is located on an island at Aegean Sea. The resort, activities, and staff were all amazing. Upon arrival, we were given a tour of the extensive property by the very friendly manager. My jaw literally dropped at the sight of the beautiful surroundings. The property is immaculately kempt. There are lots of different trees everywhere. The sea was amazing. The sea, sand and views are breathtaking. We took the half-board and were very pleased. The staff were incredible.
The hospitality, sea, views, great breakfast, were matchless. We were very pleased with everything they had to offer on the menu! And, of course, the service was always exceptional. I'd recommend the dinner under the heart for special occasions such as a honeymoon.
The room we had was perfectly renewed and had a wonderfully designed bathroom.
This is a perfect honeymoon hotel. I guarantee that what you see is what you get.
Bear in mind this resort is really geared towards couples! I wouldn't recommend it to solo travelers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmreGuler
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We've travelled a lot, been to many places but never have we felt so cheated..Such a gap between what's advertised and the reality is absolutely shocking.
Here's how they "sell" the resort on their website:
"Don't you like to have an island? Oliviera resort lets you experience this feeling!" and add that it's the "first and only island hotel of Turkey".

This is their selling point, this is the idea people fall in love with..

Now, here's the reality:
beaches: one single beach not more than 40meters long on which you're tortured with non stop loud music. That's it! The rest of the island is private property they say and add that we can go if we want to but it's dangerous and unpleasant! yes THE beach was pretty but then again Turkey is full of gorgeous beaches.
rooms: dirty and falling apart, literally..On the day we left curtains actually fell on our heads.
service at the restaurant: the only positive point. It was as if the restaurant was run by an entirely different "management". It was good, the food, the staff, the service..

And here's the final incident, the last drop that made us pack our bags and run to salvage what was left of our vacation: There were only us and another family on the beach that morning. I asked (more like begged with tears of nerves in my eyes) them to stop the noise they call music at least for a little while so that I could hear the sea.
They did..for 15 minutes and started again. When asked for an explanation, they answered that it was "hotel policy that there should be music at all times on the beach and it was management's orders". We tried to find the management and found out they were on a business trip.. I believe the said management is so busy marvelling on how special their product is, spending money and time on selling the island that it forgets to actually run the place.

Final word: Turkey is full of truly stunning places, little corners of heaven earth, gorgeous hotels. This one is just not one of them.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
18  Thank penny010_10
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I've been to this place three times. Its a place which you feel relaxed, and peaceful. The first time which was 2 years ago, I loved the nature and the sea. It was unbelievable. Rooms and service were so so. Last year I went back for the nature only and everything was much more better then before. Service, food, cleaning etc. This year its almost perfect. Really perfect!! They had some problems with cleaning, service and dining. This year all of the problems are almost gone. Nature and beauty was great as before but improvement of menus, taste, service, cleaning amazed me. As a person who goes back to this same place every year I can say that I'll go back next year again.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ebrut
Reviewed November 19, 2008

This place was so bad it became comical! Like Much beloved we had no hot water, dreadful food, no light, heard the car crash that was the band and sampled the foul and fly covered food.
We changed rooms (we were in the luxury end to start with) the downgrade had hot water but the loo seat and shower were broken. The rooms were not cleaned until we requested, and then we had to wait for 2 hours on one occassion. We had one gloriously sunny day but then they lit a bonfire next to the beach!!!!!
After our 5th night we were desperate to escape. We had drowned our sorrows on the extortionately priced wines so were not too shocked by the final bill. The rooms had been pre-paid so I calculated that the refund due covered the price of our drinks. They disagreed but in the end gave in and let us get on the boat without paying the bill. I never want to stay anywhere like that again - it was vastly overpriced, filthy and badly run.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank WinterSolsticeDorset
Reviewed October 6, 2008

This is a catastrophic place. The brochure available at the resort ends with the bizarre strapline "Leave your Expectations Behind". If your expectations include electricity, hot water, good food, a clean pool, a courteous staff, a peaceful restaurant, lighted pathways, and any hotel information at all...then you really had better leave those expectations behind. This is a simply appalling place. They should send O J Simpson here for 10 years. Far worse than any penitentiary. And, as other reviewers have noted, the prices are absurdly high. A warm, weak gin and tonic costs the same as in London's American Bar! It's £4 for a tiny beer. The same for a coke. But the prices are a minor quibble compared with the fact that our 2-day stay saw us have no hot water at all and a succession of power cuts that had us scrabbling about with matches and candles. The lowest point came with the restaurant "entertainment" - a local folk band who simply banged discordantly and manically upon a huge drum. Judgement Day will be quieter. Come, friendly bombs and fall upon this insult to tourism. Olivera Delenda Est.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple