“dirty hotel”
Review of Hotel Korona

Hotel Korona
Ranked #19 of 23 Blagoevgrad B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here in June - July for my 60th birthday what let down. Bed changed once and towels three times in 14 days. Disgusting first time there was no tip left for the staff. Every other hotel we have stayed in over eight years were no where near as bad as this toilet of a hotel. It is rated 3* in the brochure may need re assessed and down graded to a -1*

DISGUSTING HOTEL never again

Room Tip: No such thing as a good room here
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loverofbulgaria
There are newer reviews for Hotel Korona

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed here from 12-26 augest and we have booked back up for next year we had no major problems breakfast wasn't up to much fruit and eggs toast and our room carpet was dirty but apart from that we had a great holiday staff were very friendly and the hotel was in a great location

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Dicky1983
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our family of 4 (2 young boys aged 7 n 4) recently stay at the korona. We were surprised at the size of the place and the open space designed into this hotel. On some of the professional photos it gives and old 70's feel although it was white bright and airy(check out youtube promo). The hotel is located 2-3 min walk to a lovely sandy beach and just outside to main drag of restaurants n bars. The pool was cold but cooled you down as the weather was sunny for the 2 weeks we stayed at the beginning of august. There was a pool bar (which kids loved) but not many used it as not many English staying when we were there. Staff friendly (well done Tina at the bar). Breakfast was a variety of hot and cold foods but the same for the 2 weeks and the breakfast area was tidied quickly and efficiently by the staff,so there were no waste plates laying about. The juice could have been stronger as very watered down.
The room was a good size and we had 4 beds in 1 and the bathroom was a good size with a powerful shower with hot water all day. Small fridge included in which we kept drinks and a balcony for a few drinks to chill, when kids were resting.
Overall clean ,basic ,value for money but maybe good for couples or older families as no entertainment at this hotel ,so good as a base. Brilliant positioning and brill holiday would go again ! Hope this has helped ;-)

Room Tip: Our room overlooked hotel opposite with water slides and was cool in afternoon and away from pool. G...
5  Thank philh287
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Arrived home yesterday after a week at this hotel. Felt I needed to write this review after reading so many whinging and moaning reviews. If you want English food then stay in the UK and miss out on the amazing sunshine and very friendly people this resort offers.
We arrived at 4am after a very efficient transfer from the airport which was included in Balkan holiday price. Quickly given keys to rooms, requested two rooms next to each other which was provided. Rooms clean and quite spacious. We were allocated rooms overlooking the sea which were lovely and sunny in the morning and cooler in the evening. Towels were changed daily.
Breakfast was an experience!!!
Russians and German guests have no concept of queueing and are like a plague of locusts. We found going to breakfast before 8.30am was a nightmare, best wait until after 8.30am when the majority of them have left. Food was okay, lots of salad, fruit, cake, fried eggs, gammon etc.
Lots of reviews complain about the sun loungers! Has anyone ever found any type comfortable? Just put a towel on it and enjoy the sun! Pool bar was cheap with a beer 2,5 levs (just over a £). Bottles of coke, fanta etc were 1.5 levs.
The beach was a couple of minutes walk and was clean with plenty of shops for drinks and snacks.
The hotel is towards one end of sunny beach and is a little quieter than the centre of sunny beach. Within 10 mins walk you have 20-30 bars and restaurants. The best restaurant we found was the Steak house (next door to the Subway bungee). Great food, fantastic service and amazing value.
Took 2 trips to Nessebar during the holiday. Took taxi for the second trip as less stressful with kids than public transport. Beautiful old town with cobbled streets with an alpine feel to the houses. Do not bother eating at the restaurants in the middle of the town who advertise cheap T-Bone steaks as the food was awful. Pay a bit more and eat overlooking the harbour from one of the restaurants on the left as you walk into the town. Lovely atmosphere, good food with an amazing view.
This was our first Bulgarian holiday and it was exceptional value for money compared to other short haul destinations, we will return next year.

4  Thank Mjtnfam
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My brother & I & my two teenage sons have just got back from a week at Hotel Korona. I read some of these reviews and I was concerned I had made the right choice. I took my own sheets & pillow cases just incase I was greeted by damp & stained sheets as stated. Thankfully I was happy with our rooms & the beds were comfortable & gleaming white sheets. Yes the hotel is slightly dated with swirly beige carpet through out & I wish I had packed a travel kettle as there is not one in the room. Towels were changed every day & maids were about to ask if room needs a clean. Be advised... Bulgaria is the only country where a shake of the head means yes & a nod means no! The maid speak very little English. So when they ask "do you want towels & you nod your head... They walk away! Can get confusing but all part of the fun of learning & having respect for different cultures. The hotel is 2 mins walk to a beautiful busy beach with restaurants & lots of things going on. The very busy nightlife is about 15 minutes walk & and it is very loud with music & fairs & shops open till late. Korona is away from all the late night party noise & peaceful at night apart from a few party goers walking by. There are a few erotic clubs up in the main town, as a warning to anyone with younger children. We didn't see any drunken or bad behaviour. Everyone was just in good spirits & enjoying themselves. We did have some young lads in a room on our landing boom music out till all hours, but the hotel reception gave them a call & it was peaceful for the rest of our stay. There were very few English in the hotel so breakfast is not what us Brits are used to. Frankfurters, odd cakes, cereal,toast, rice & beans. But I had fried egg & ham with toast.take ur own tea/coffee sachets. The staff were all lovely & we really enjoyed our stay. Hope you have a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Loud music is played around the pool during the day.
2  Thank Joanna D
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Dont get me wrong, I didnt expect the ritz, but I also didnt expect my bedding and bed to feel damp the whole 2 wks either. On arrival I requested the bedding be changed as I thought it was just the sheet, but it was just the same again! The never got any sun, so I'm assuming this was the reason. Had to go out and buy new pillows, the hotels were absolutely shocking.... I asked the maids numerous times for different ones, even gave them trips for towel, pillows and bedding and all we got was an abundance of loo rolls!! The carpets were actually black (meant to be beige) I made sure we kept our shoes on! The pool was awful, you have to buy lilos to put on the old wooden sun loungers. The food was disgusting, but didn't mind so much as im not a breakfast person. The staff were rude and very unhelpful... The lifts never worked and on the rare occasions it did, you got stuck in them!! On the plus side the hotel is really close to the beautiful beach, where it's worth every penny to use the comfortable loungers... and the hotel next door is amazing, letting us use the pool and facilities whenever. I could go on and on but enough said.... just dont go there!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank mel t
Reviewed August 13, 2013

we have just come back and it is spot on a little dated but nothing else to complain about god location great staff, cleaners in room every day, would def go back!!! Breakfast not English but plenty to fill up on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lindsay L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blagoevgrad
Yunona
#2 of 7 in Blagoevgrad
Hotel Fenix
Hotel Fenix
#3 of 23 in Blagoevgrad

Been to Hotel Korona? Share your experiences!