Hotel Korona
  • Room Service
Hotel Pilevski(Blagoevgrad)
Motel Monza(Simitli)
TripAdvisor
Rilets Resort & Spa(Rilski Manastir)
Hotel Rila(Dupnitsa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgood sizebed and breakfastthe hotel is cleantowels were changedself cateringlate eveningmini trainfresh bedding and towelslovely sandy beachafter reading the reviewsair conditionhot foodthree starbars and restaurantsyardstakeawayfenix
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I am travelling here in July'13 for 2 weeks and this will be my 3rd time in 4 years going to Sunny Beach!!I think people need to remember its Bulgaria that they are travelling too and not Spain,Portugal ect,the rooms are very basic in Bulgaria but the weather,beach and the local bars and restraunts more than make up for the standard of hotels!!I would say if you are staying in a 4* property then expect the standards of a 3* in spain ect!!You can eat out in sunny beach for about £3 for an evening meal and if you shop around you can get a beer for about 40p!!The beach is fantastic,really clean and lots of sunbeds available and great cheap watersports!!The locals in that work in the supermarkets you will probably think that they are being rude when it comes to handling your change,they will put it down on a plastic tray rather than handing it to you,but this is just there way,don't take offence!!There is a restraunt bar not far from the Corner Bar called the Lotus,which is fantastic,would HIGHLY recommend and cant wait to go there as soon as we get back in july,there food is fantastic from breakfast to dinner,AMAZING!!
****just remember you get what you pay for and don't have high expectations for the standards of hotel's,at the end of the day its only a place to put your head down for the night********
My previous hotels i stayed in were the Hotel Arda,very very basic,but fab location and the Hotel Meridian,upgraded to h/b at the time and ate out 13 nights of the 14 we were there!!but again location and poolside you couldnt fault!!
I hope you give Bulgaria a try,i am a travel agent and am always switch selling customers from Spain ect as it is so much good value for money!!GIVE IT A TRY!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We took my Mum with us last year to the Korona. I had read the bad reviews and was worried. To be honest you get what you pay for... The rooms were basic but clean, bedding changed, clean towels and toilet roll daily. Maids were very helpful and kind with my Mum too, nothing was a problem. The pool area with swim up bar was good. Just outside the hotel right over the road there was a nice place to sit and have a snack, also a pancake and burger stall, a pizza slice place so you don't have to go far from hotel for breakfast or a snack. (Breakfast in the hotel isn't the best, but check it out as not everyone might think this, we only had breakfast once). Also its at the quiet end of Sunny Beach which was great for my Mum, lots of little shops, restaurants and bars nearby. Its about a 15/20min walk to the centre of SB, we went in quite a few times day and night, its littered with shops bars etc all the way there so you don't notice the walk. Weather was amazing last year in July so great that it was a short stroll to the beach.:) Prices there for everything was very cheap. Got a Tory Burch fake handbag for around £15. Cigarettes are a few pounds, beers around 90p, Cocktails lots of BOGOF. and shots 10 for 10leva around £4.50. All in all a great holiday and would go back to this hotel. Some people like to moan but as I said you get what you pay for. Just go and enjoy :)

Room Tip: Sun to the poolside all afternoon. We had a room at the back, roasting in the morning but shades over in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LORRAINE C
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed here twice before and are due to return in August, excellent location, near to beach and quiet part of sunny beach, but easy to walk to busier parts. You get what you pay for, basic but clean. It you want to stay by pool at least u don't pay for the beds. You have to pay on the beach but the beach is kept so tidy you don't mind paying. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Annebiddle
Reviewed January 19, 2013

In 2011 Me, my partner and our 2 children stayed at the Chaika beach for 2 weeks, AI and it only cost us just under 1400 in total. Understandably, we were blown away with how cheap this was - once we booked I reviewed the hotel so much and seen so many bad reviews which of course worried us, but when we got there we completely pushed the bad reviews out of our minds it was fabulous so after reading the reviews for the hotel korona, I'm not too worried about it - I'm a firm believer of a holiday is what u make of it. I agree food in the hotels often caters to other nationalities and isn't always great but there are many places we will be going for meals. Our room - as long as it's clean, safe for our children and has enough space for the 4 of us that's all we need, we like to fit as much into a holiday as possible so like last time we will be out all day everyday. Who goes on holiday to stay in the hotel room? I've noticed us British are a nation of 70% moaners and 30% relaxers! The only thing about this holiday that is a downer before we are there is it has cost us 500 more for 1 week less and a lesser board basis, but even going AI we ate out most meal times. Food n drinks are excellently priced all over the resort and further afield but if u want to get out on the trips and excursions then take plenty as u pay top prices for top attractions, we spent 1800 last time we were there for 2 weeks and are tracking 1500 this time for the week but we're a family that do everything on our holidays! I'd advise anyone thinking about a holiday to sunny beach to go for it - it's perfect for everyone!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kirsty91
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here in August with a friend. The resort is very nice, beaches great, weather was fantastic. The local restaurants are very good. Hotel very average, rooms need refurbishment, food at breakfast was terrible and staff poor in restaurant. Reception staff ok no issues. The room we had was ok ver basic, beds comfortable enough, air con worked ish! The ac units were above my head so room quite noisy. In summary I would go back to Bulgaria however I would seek alternative accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper floor above reception not 151
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends