“Excellent food”

Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Toa Baja
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Always wanted to visit this place and finally did. Went there for my anniversary on a Sunday afternoon. We picked the Seafood Paella for two from the menu and we made the right selection, good portion enough for three or four, excelent taste. Also enjoy the live music and TV screens around the place. We enjoy it and recommend this place.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

After visiting the Bacardi Factory, we took a slight detour for a late lunch/early dinner at this restaurant recommended by one of the bartenders at Bacardi. It turned out to have a rustic charm, views of the water, and excellent pina coladas (my choice of the day, having started with rum at the Bacardi factory). We ordered tostones (mashed fried green plantains) and maduros (ripe plantains) - both were very good. Two ordered chicken mofongo and they enjoyed it immensely! Not the top of my list of food choices, so I ordered a crab stew. I wasn't too impressed by it, but the 4th of our group, who had and liked his salmon, liked the crab stew enough to take my crab stew home for a late night snack! A good choice all around, so if you're in the neighborhood, give it a try!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Front desk at hotel recommended this restaurant. Later on found out the owner of the restaurant and hotel owner are family. First thought was, "why isn't there anyone there", but then we went up the stairs and found the action. Live music got lots of dancers on the dance floor. Ordered the paella at the recommendation of our hotel clerk and was not disappointed. The paella for two would easily serve four. We shared it amongst three. One of the best paellas I've ever had. Our table also ordered a meat mofongo. Again, portion was large enough for two. Very tasty. Beverage for our table was a jarra of sangria. One large pitcher served four adequately. Complimentary chicken soup served at the beginning of the meal (yummy!). Garlic bread and fried plantainincluded. Ordered fried cheese as an appetizer; also good. Price for four people including the sangria was $109. Lots of ambience here, topped off by delicious food.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited here during a torrential downpour. This is a second story restaurant with a roof that unfortunately leaks on the tables. Had the conch mofongo with cristianos y morros beans and rice. Sliced tomato, onion and greens on the side. The mofongo sauce was delicious. The conch was tender, not chewy. The smashed plantains were infused with the sauce that made it very tasty.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

First time in Puerto Rico and we'd past the place several times and decided stop by. We ordered raw oysters for an appetizer and they were horrible, warm wrinkled and tough, reminded me of an old man scrotum. We sent them back before we got sick. We ordered shrimp and fish for the main course and it tasted freezer burnt. However, the wait staff was kind and the margaritas were good. I recommend the margaritas I don't recommend the food.