“Lovely sunday lunch”
Review of Church Mouse

Church Mouse
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Church Mouse in Chester-le-Street is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Durham, United Kingdom
“Lovely sunday lunch”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been here a few times for Sunday lunch as it is very tasty. I can highly recommend the belly pork. We have found the food from the normal menu can be a bit hitty-missy, but are never disappointed with the sunday lunch. And the desserts are heavenly!

Visited March 2013

Durham
“The most pretentious pub I've ever been in”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Despite the best efforts of the staff the atmosphere was awful and the drinks very expensive. Sadly the location is ideal but I'd rather put myself out and travel further, to a decent establishment even if that means we would need a designated driver!!!

• Visited October 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“relaxed”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

lovely surroundings open fire,relaxed atmosphere, staff very friendly, great choice of food, even when full plenty of staff no waiting between courses.

• Visited March 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Quick lunch...”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

A quick visit to the church mouse for lunch. The menu has changed from the last time I was there & to be honest I struggled a little bit to find something suitable for lunch,so I just ordered the soup of the day & it was lovely. My boyfriend ordered the hunters chicken & he really enjoyed it. With 3 drinks on the bill( hot chocolate, one pint & a small coke) it still came to £20! The pub was very quiet & relaxed. Our food only took about 15 mins to come out. As long as I can remember the pub has always been very popular & often has good deals on.

Durham, United Kingdom
“Quaint”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A friendly warm and welcoming atmosphere, excellent food , good choice, clean and effecient. The food is above what I would call pub grub and is well presented

Visited September 2012