“Great service & great food”

Tavistock Italia Gastro Pub at The Board Inn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Previously known as "Italia Retro Restaurant at The Board Inn"
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Great service & great food”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

What a great restaurant this is - from the friendly welcome, great service and lovely food to a great atmosphere.
My husband and I have visited on a lunchtime, early &late evening and have never had small portions - there's always plenty. Our family and friends are also converts.

• Visited December 2012
Jonathan G, Director at Tavistock Italia Gastro Pub at The Board Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Viv

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is always great to hear such positive feedback and i will be passing your comments on to all the staff. See you soon.

Birtley, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Visiting is regular treat for our family, we have never been disappointed by the wonderful food. The surroundings are cosy and welcoming and the staff are extremely friendly helpful and attentive. This place is well worth a visit, once you have you'll be back again and again.

• Visited December 2012
We are really pleased that you visit us and the praise that you have given has been very gratefully received by the staff and the managment. We hope to see you again very soon.

Birtley, England, United Kingdom
“Excellant”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have visited this restaurant many times over the past year and never been disappointed. There is a good atmosphere with friendly and welcoming staff. The food is always first class with a good varied menu. I cannot praise this restaurant enough, my favourite place to eat.

Dear Valerie

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass the comments on to the staff who will be very pleased to hear that it is your favourite place to eat,

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, But..”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We called in for Lunch, and the pasta was excellent, but very small portions left us underwhelemed. As it was a lunchtime special ((£4.95) for a pasta, I wondered if it was a smaller postion, so I asked if that was tha case. I was assured that the rugular portions where the same. We are having a staff xmas party later this week, and I hope and pray that the meagre portions wont spoil it. It really is a shame, because the pasta was amongst the best I have ever had, but who wants to leave a restaurant feeling hungry?

3 Thank tiv0
Dear Tivo,

Thank you for your comments regarding the quality of the food and I am delighted that you say it was the best that you have ever had however, we are saddened to hear that you think the portions are too small and I do hope that your Christmas Party was more substantial for you.

Kind regards
Durham, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off by outside”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having watched this transform from a pub to a Restuarant I still can't get away with the weird curtains at the front..Querky, but not sure it works.

I have eaten here several times at "Happy Hour", Sunday Lunch, and normal service, and have not been dissapointed. Once our "Birthday" group had the lasangne, and said it was a bit bland, but every other dish has been very good, the fish being superb.

The house wine is fine, and they do genuinely like the children, be warned we will be back in January for Neve's 8th.!!

Overall a very enjoyable night out.

• Visited November 2012
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoy dining with us and have watched the transformation from pub to restaurant, hope to see you again soon,