“Always brilliant!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Visited Hollathans tonight with a work friend and we thoroughly enhoyed it. The 3-course meal for around £16 each was excellent value for money, but above all was tasty, well presented and the choice was great. The chicken stir fry was a pleasant surprise as it arrived tryly sizzling. The chilli salmon was delicious. My friend had the white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake and I had the sticky toffee pudding with hot caramel sauce and ice cream. Wow! They were fabulous. Sticky toffee puds can be heavy and over-sweet but this was light as air and perfectly balanced. Portion sizes are great - no nouveau cuisine here, just good geordie portions served with some finesse and always with a smilie. All the staff are a credit to the place and most restaurants and/or bars would give their right arms to have staff as helpful, efficient and friendly as they are here. A huge well done and thank you!

Date of visit: January 2020
hollyhutchinson_x, Owner at Hollathans, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

WOW Gwen thank you so much for your very kind review!!
I'm glad you enjoyed your meal here with us... we've just brought our a new 2 & 3 course menu so you will have to get down to sample our new dishes! As for the desserts... its hard to pick a clear winner between them all.. our homemade cheesecake & STP are both equally amazing but the s'mores brownie is a favourite of mine so I would recommend to try that next time!
Our staff all work extremely hard to provide an excellent service for our customers so its always nice to get some praise from our customers, I assure you your review will be passed onto them.
Thanks again Gwen and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks, Holly

Write a reviewReviews (288)

Reviewed December 13, 2019

The food here is standard, with a choice of Xmas meal of turkey and trimmings or pub grub. I enjoyed potato skins with garlic mayo and Thai green curry, rice and chips. However, we were sat at our table more than an hour after our allotted time, which was way too late for my digestive system. We were given a bottle of bubbly as an apology, but I’d rather have eaten my meal in a more timely fashion. The staff on duty worked extremely hard but appeared to be swimming against the tide all night. And, because I’m a lady of a certain age, the music was too loud as I couldn’t hear the people sitting opposite me. Such a shame as it’s clearly a popular venue. I’ll give it another go at a quieter time of year.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019

Good food and a great new look.Five of us ate lunch here and everyone enjoyed the two course special.

Reviewed November 12, 2019

First time here since the refurb it’s looking good ,we went with friends but the only downside was the very loud music we couldn’t have a conversation so it would put me off going again if I’m honest way too load another friend of mine said the same they had to leave .its a pity because we’ve gone there for years ,just turn it down a bit

1  Thank 184sandiem
Reviewed November 12, 2019 via mobile

Good food and atmosphere. Anna & Roni were fantastic at waiting table - really friendly & professional- well done!