“Must Visit place”
Review of Hatu Peak

Hatu Peak
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Narkanda
Reviewed February 3, 2014

its a must visit place..loved the place ..truly heavenly..you can easily see snow covered peaks of himalayas..clouds under you feets and.natural beauty all around you..best time to visit if before the monsoon season..
you wont get anything to eat on the top..so its better you carry on your own..or else there was small langar organised by the locals.
but the road from narkanda to hatu peak is very risky..so its better to walk the last 6kms of the distance..or hire the taxi from narkanda..

1  Thank mkeshav
in 7 reviews
"highest point"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Must visit once. Awesome view of Kailash Kinnaur from here.
Picturesque place for photographers :)
Also listen to interesting folklores of historical temple of Hatu :)

1  Thank Transpersonify
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We visited Hatu Peak which is nearly 8kms from Narkanda. The road to hatu peak is quite narrow with steep and scary curves. A good car with an experienced driver is advised on this road. On reaching the peak of 11152 ft/ 3400 mtrs we saw a small beautiful temple of Hatu Mata and few benches to sit and enjoy the nature at its best and purest form. During our visit the clouds moved in and out obscuring the view of the snow capped Kinner Kailash Mountains.The view from the peak was just awesome with clouds moving up from the valley gave it a blissful feeling of standing above the clouds. We prayed for the blessings of Hatu Mata at the temple and enjoyed the scenic beauty at its best and left . Just too good to miss on your trip to Narkanda.

3  Thank UDAY C
Reviewed November 1, 2013

There are few places that we visit and left after some time but it remains forever in our memories like a beautiful dream that we never want to end. One such destination I found 65 km ahead of Shimla in Himachal Pradesh. An amazingly beautiful place called Narkanda. It is a place of sun kissed White Mountains. The highest point in Narkanda i.e. Hatu peak is at 11152 ft high.

How to reach Narkanda?

Narkanda is 65 km ahead of Shimla. The drive to Narkanda is two and a half hour from Shimla.

Places to see

Narkanda - Though the road to Narkanda was not in a good condition but as the journey started from Shimla, I completely fell for the unparalleled beauty around. Sometime it reminds me the existence of supreme power….someone far bigger.. far greater…. showing us how small we are, yet pampering us with all the blessings of life.
Hatu peak - Now it was the time to conquer the Hatu peak standing tall at 11152 ft high. A very narrow serpentine road took me to the place of immense and unparalleled beauty. As far as I could see there were snow-capped mountains almost touching the clear blue sky. A place to die for. Possibly nothing could beat the feeling to be at this place.
Jobag - There was a place near to Hatu Peak called “Jobag”, some 2-3 km in the deep forest. It was a quiet place to spend some time in solace.
Tani Jubbar Lake - The next morning I decided to explore a place nearby called “Tani Jubbar Lake”. It was the end of April and Apple trees were starting to flourish. Thin nets were put to protect the Apple flowers. People were talking leisurely and everything seems to be in complete peace and calm unlike big cities.
Narkanda Skiing Ground - Narkanda is famous for skiing. There is a big ground, which is used for skiing in winter, and in summer it was playground for cricket. The music of Indian Premier League was floating in the air and youngsters were eager to give their best shot. Life in such a remote location was as colorful and happening as it could be anywhere else.

Where to stay in Narkanda?

I stayed in Narkanda PWD guest house, which was possibly one of the best staying options around.

What to eat in Narkanda?

I decided to take a stroll to savor my taste buds. I found New Himalaya Dhaba which was one of the ‘not to miss’ kind of opportunity in Narkanda, it serves variety of cuisines at very reasonable price.

Everybody has its own reasons to visit a place. I usually prefer offbeat location, to be with myself, to rejuvenate and at the same time to lose myself in the lap of Mother Nature. Though I came back but some part of me is still there…still waiting to connect the dots… to complete me … for a complete life.

4  Thank amitk227
See more reviews
Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you ever want to achieve a thrilling high please trek to this wonderful Hatu Peak. It stands at an altitude of 11000 feet. It is about 5kms from Narkanda so complete trek from Narkanda is not advisable. You can stop near Agyaat Vaas resort and park your car there and then start trekking from there.(I would strongly recommend that you stay at Agyaat Vaas resort for the best deal)
The trek is tiring and you might need a guide as you have to cross thick dense forest which has an altitude. Please wear spiked shoes as it can be slippery. Also carry walking sticks which you can arrange from the place you are staying as you might need support while trekking. Once you reach the peak, there is a very beautiful tibetian style mandir and also the view is very beautiful. There is no food or water up there so you can carry stuff if you want. Overall a great experience.

5  Thank Parul v