“Enjoyed every moment! Total Bliss!”

Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mashobra
Bengaluru, India
“Enjoyed every moment! Total Bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

It was time to splurge on my solo biking trip. I have been hearing about Wildflower for years and always wanted to stay here. I took the hilly route from Sundernagar, via Tattapani with breath-taking scenery all along the way. The wind gets colder and the trees get taller as you approach Mashobra.

I was moving really slow and looking out for the place, and then I spotted the understated tiny signboard. I knew luxury awaited me.

The entrance is magical. A long and steep cobbled pathway lined with trees. As I rode up the lobby and parked, I created a minor flutter. I guess solo bikers do not really stop over here. The charm of any property is always its people. And the GM of the place Mr. Abhishek Sharma leads from the front. As I was parking, he greeted me with a Mr. Mittal? I was wondering where you were. Before I knew it, I was in my room. Jyoti, a gracious front desk hostess completed my check-in formalities inside the room.

Oberoi loves their wood paneled furniture, and the rooms are well furnished as expected. There is a study table, separate closet area, a bathtub, and a shower. No balcony but, windows that open. The valley facing rooms are costlier, but, I would suggest opting for the garden facing rooms. That is where all the action is. I saw teenagers posing and forcing their friends to click their pictures; a couple sitting on a bench, the wife looking into space, the husband conducting business on his cell phone; a family playing croquet; kids laughing and running around; two women deep in conversation, with their respective phones.

They do not have a wide variety on their menu, but the dishes are fairly decent, and well presented. The quantities are large, and each entrée could easily serve 2 people.
Wildflower is situated in the midst of a protected cedar forest, and they have their own private trail leading into the forests. Abhishek insists upon you carrying a walking stick. When I hesitated he said “Take one. Let the monkeys know who’s boss.” The trail is a simple 3 km turnabout with mild gradients, and cedar forest on both sides.

You feel like a part of the family when you stay here. The staff is really interested in your well-being, and take really good care of you. They look genuinely happy to be of assistance.
When you check-in, at least 3 people warn you to keep your windows closed, due to the monkeys around the property. They even have their pet languor Tarzan to keep them clear. I did not see a single monkey for 2 days and wondered what the fuss was all about. On the third day, I spotted a monkey roaming on the roof looking for an open window. He almost made it too!
The fitness center is very well equipped. There is also an indoor heated swimming pool, and a Jacuzzi facing the valley.

The restaurant has tables inside, and an outdoor grill area. Do spend some time here, and watch the fascinating cloudscape. I was lost for hours.

I experience true contentment in my stay at Wildflower, and shall cherish every moment. Thank you Abhishek, and team for such a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Take the garden facing room. People watching is much more fun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

It is a pleasure to read the details of the experience of your stay at Wildflower Hall. Located in one of the most dense cedar forests in the world does enable us to create solace and tranquility for all our guests. It heartens me to read that your solo bike journey brought you here and that you have taken back fond memories of your sojourn at the resort. Wildflower Hall recreates the grand style of the colonial era, wood panelling and original artwork create an aura of old world charm.

We are committed to providing personalised attention to our guests and believe in taking utmost care of them with an effort to make them feel at home. Jyoti is happy that she was able to finish all the check in formalities in your room efficiently assuring that you had comfortably settled in. I am glad that the cuisine and the portions were upto your expectations and thank you for your appreciative comments on the fitness center, indoor heated swimming pool, outdoor Jacuzzi and the restaurant area. Our team is undoubtedly our strongest asset and truly the soul of our resort. I have passed on your compliments to the entire team who are humbled by your praise and are happy that you found their service to be friendly and hospitable.

I look forward to seeing you return soon to your home in the Himalayas for another retreat.

Email address – sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
Rotorua, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We spent only two days here after our marriage but the experience will last life long. Amazing welcome which reflects our true culture and heritage. The personal attention we received from each member of the Wildflower was truly commendable. They took every opportunity to make us feel special. After a tiring day shopping we came back to the room and received a delightful surprise, our room was decorated with flowers and candles and even received a complimentary wedding cake which was delicious. Food was great and we loved the great outdoor breakfast experience. This review has been long due as promised to the man who made it all happen and that is the GM Abhishek Sharma, great leader and certainly walks the talk. We had all the available staff members near reception seeing us off with the same heritage we were welcomed which only makes us come back again whenever we could.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am delighted to read that the ambience and personalised attention from the team was up to your expectations. Wildflower Hall promises a holiday full of surprises and unforgettable memories and I am elated to read that the special decoration of your room added to your experience at the resort. I thank you for your compliments and shall convey your wonderful feedback to the entire team which will continue to motivate and inspire them.

Many thanks for your most appreciative comments on the cuisine with the breakfast experience on the restaurant terrace and I hope to see you return soon to your home in the Himalayas.

Hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a wonderful time on our 25th anniversary with family at the Wild Flower Hall Simla. Its an Oberoi Property and the GM was the perfect host to our little group. Inspite of many challenges we faced reaching the Hotel in the midst of the Himalayan mountain ranges during snow fall, the GM Abhishek Sharma took exceptional care and ensured we reached safely to the Hotel. Our stay was pampered by staff who were wonderful, courteous and attentive. The rooms were comfortable and had great views of the mountain ranges. The Hotel campus had lots of trekking paths leading to mysterious nooks and corners. The icing was the open air jacuzzi bath next to the indoor pool. Imagine a dip with snow all around.......bliss!!!

Room Tip: Ensure mountain view rooms on the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.

It was indeed a pleasure having you celebrate the special occasion of your 25th anniversary with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your holiday with your family at Wildflower Hall and I thank you for your compliments to the team who are humbled by your praise. It warms my heart to read that the comfort of the rooms and service and the outdoor Jacuzzi were to your liking and that you were able to indulge in Wildflower Hall’s most unique appointments which are the outdoor treks and walks.

I am deeply touched by your kind words and look forward to the pleasure of seeing you soon at your home in the Himalayas.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

It doesn't get better than Wildflower hall. Simple. Needless to say their service is top class and attention to minute details notable. We were recommended WFH by a friend and had actually gone there for a day Lets be clear - you want your coffee served at 60 degrees with 2.3 spoons of milk - then that is what you will get. Isnt this why we all want a taste of hospitality in the first place - to be treated like kings (albeit for one day??)

This is a very different review - as I am not even bothering with rooms/amenities/meals(scrumptious btw....) its pretty evident that in a place where they bring your shoes on trays (to change out of snow boots) that the rooms are going to be Super etc.

So if you really need that Holiday and feel like indulgence - don't even bother to double check , drive in and leave your troubles at the concierge...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your heartfelt review.

It was a pleasure to read your review and please accept my sincerest gratitude for sharing such wonderful details of your sojourn at Wildflower Hall. It is only through your feedback that we can keep striving towards creating bespoke and memorable guest experiences for all our patrons.

We take great pride in providing personalised service to all our guests so that they can take back fond memories of their stay with us and I look forward to the pleasure of seeing you return soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 days with my wife. It was a great experience staying in oberoi property. Perfect blend of location, luxury and hospitality. There staff is always ready to help u. Highly recommended if ur holidaying in shimla.opt for mountain view room which offers great view.Must try there Himachal thali. Only one small feedback from me u need to improve southindian food.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Wildflower Hall is indeed the right blend of service, luxury and efficiency and I am absolutely delighted to read that you were able to enjoy the views of the Himalayas from your room and the Himachali Thali. I thank you for your compliments to the team who are humbled by your praise.

I have noted your feedback on the South Indian cuisine. My coordinates are mentioned below and would be grateful if you could share specific details of the same with me as my intention is to build your feedback into our culinary offer.

Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited with family and friends, the place is amazingly comfortable and equivalent hospitable staff. Very good food, spa. The open air jacuzzi overlooking the mountains and valley is not to be missed. Looking forward to visit again

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ashish K J
Dear Guest,

Wildflower Hall promises a holiday full of surprises and unforgettable memories and I am happy to read that we were able to create an exceptional experience for you and your family. I thank you for your most appreciative comments for the team, spa, cuisine and the outdoor Jacuzzi. We take great pride in the services that we offer and are committed to delivering the finest experiences for all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Wildflower Hall soon.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in first week of June this year for 3 nights 4 days and the experience was exquisite. The location is outstanding and the service, impeccable. The food is rather fabulous as well. What left us not as impressed were the rooms - well appointed but rather small (we stayed in one of the mountain view rooms) and for the money that one pays, somewhere the sense of grandeur is missing. Don't get me wrong, it is a fabulous hotel but for a room night as high as 300 USD, we have stayed at far better internationally. That said, the overall experience was something that we would cherish for times to come - largely on account of everything said about food, location & service. The service, led by the general manager himself, was everything that one has come to expect from an Oberoi hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your stay at Wildflower Hall.

I am immensely delighted to read that every element of the resort was able to contribute in creating a memorable holiday experience for you. I thank you for your comments on the location, service and cuisine and shall convey your compliments to the culinary team.

I have noted your comments on the room size and sense of grandeur. I shall table the same with our design head and work on elevating the mood in the room. Wildflower Hall was rebuilt to recreate the grand style of the colonial era with wood panelling and original artwork create an aura of old world charm. Uniqueness in our guest rooms lies in teak floors, hand-knotted rugs and rich furnishings which reflect the colonial heritage of the hotel complemented by spectacular views.

The team and I are humbled by your praise and look forward to the privilege of seeing you return soon in the near future.

Chharabra, Shimla-171012
Telephone-+91-177-2648585
Email-sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashobra
The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla
#5 of 111 in Shimla
Marigold Sarovar Portico
Marigold Sarovar Portico
#12 of 111 in Shimla

Been to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas? Share your experiences!