Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas
Kasauli Castle(Kasauli)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Restaurant
Kasauli Regency Hotel(Kasauli)(Great Value!)
$53
$44
Agoda.com
Kasauli Exotica(Kasauli)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
$45
  • Restaurant
Whitemushroom - Kasauli(Kasauli)(Great Value!)
$53
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Mahasu House(Mashobra)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
1,544 results
All reviewsoutdoor jacuzzilord kitchenersumit joshimountain view roomthe general managerwhite water raftingstrawberry trailoutdoor activitiesoberoi propertyfairy talecedar foresthousekeeping teammountain bikingcard roomoberoi groupf b managerwalking trails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Lets be clear - This is an Oberoi hotel so you expect superlative food and service and I wasn't disappointed but what makes this special is arriving to luxuriate in an external 40C jacuzzi with a Himalayan backdrop or having an Eggs Benedict breakfast with a crystal clear view of the high Himalayas in the distance (weather permitting of course)

Our room had a small hallway, office area, dressing room and large en-suite - In the UK it would have made a decent flat!

In March there were open fires and a full size snooker table which I fooled around on but sadly had no-one to play with. Staff are very helpful and recommended a longish 2 hour walk which started opposite the hotel entrance. This was a nice walk, mainly forested with many interesting small Himalayan birds for the ornithologist to enjoy.

Its a longish journey from Delhi so I recommend three nights if you can afford it.

Room Tip: They do not take kids under 10
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank anywherebutcroydon
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

Luxury as a unique, memorable and personal experience is core to the Oberoi philosophy and I am glad that we were able to create a memorable experience for you. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the comfort of the room, the ambience of the hotel and walk in the forest and found the team to be helpful.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back soon to Wildflower Hall.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Expensive yes, but this is a very special hotel. It is set in a magnificent hilltop location, beautifully decorated and furnished in a modern colonial style and offers every facility and comfort that could reasonably be wanted.

Views from the dining terrace and the infinity pool are stunning with 180 degrees of snow capped Himalaya in the distance. There are pleasant gardens in which to take a short stroll, or step outside the hotel's grounds for a peaceful walk through pine forests with more great views.

We had room 111 with a garden view, for 4 days. The room was large and comfortable with an excellent bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, not too soft as is sometimes the case and none of the ghastly memory foam that always makes me wake up too hot. The air con/heating was silent and maintained the desired temperature perfectly.

The staff were outstanding. Both my wife and I were slightly unwell during our stay (nothing to do with the hotel) and they couldn't do enough to make us comfortable, special drinks, bringing medication for us from Shimla and finally when a doctor had to be called all was arranged and the doctor's visit completed within an hour. The manager (who always addressed us by name) couldn't have been more efficient or kinder.

Food was always good and often excellent from the a la carte menu.

Minor quibbles? (1) Although this was the most expensive hotel we stayed in during our 3 week tour of northern India, it was the only one to restrict free wi-fi to half an hour a day. (2) Drinks prices are very high.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to provide detailed feedback about your recent stay.

Wildflower Hall is a luxury resort set in 22 acres of virgin woods of pine and cedar which recreates the grand style of the colonial era and is a perfect blend for adventure seekers and relaxation. I am pleased to learn that you liked the comfort of the room, the walks around the resort and the swimming pool and were able to enjoy the benefits of our location. I am indebted to your warm praise as all our team members are inspired and committed to deliver the finest service.

I have made a note of your suggestions on the Wi-Fi and please be assured that I am working on the same with local vendors, so in the near future we are able to pass the cost benefit to our guests. Our beverage prices are done in line with local market scenarios. Please let me know if there was anything specific that you felt was inaccurately priced.

I am glad that you liked our cuisine and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to your home in the Himalayas.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I had been planning a getaway for some time and spend quality time with my better half. Wildflower Hall was just the destination we had wanted. Just located right with great views of the Himalayas.

Not to forget the exceptional staff providing great service. Must visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aniket D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

Wildflower Hall promises a holiday full of surprises and unforgettable memories and I am happy to read that we were able to create an exceptional experience for the both of you.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I came across the hotel Website quite by accident during a Google search for "Himalayan wild flowers" over a year ago, and straightaway decided to include it in my trip to India. My hopes and expectations were exceeded!

The stunning location, tasteful decor and fitments, and the layout and design of the hotel and rooms are faultless. The well trained staff were efficient, helpful and friendly. The food was of the usual Oberoi high standard and the menus interesting with an adequate choice.

The activities available suite both the adventurous and energetic, and those in search of relaxation and tranquility - like me!

The highlight for me was a walk in the forest on the "Wild Strawberry Trail", for which I must thank my naturalist/guide, Pawan. He is impressively knowledgeable and informative on the local trees, wild flowers and bird life, and I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation during and after the walk. I appreciated his help in finding the best viewpoints for photographs both on the trail and the surrounding hills. For anyone with an interest in nature, Pawan will be an immediate friend and companion.

Overall, a truly lovely experience; among the very best India has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael A
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am truly grateful for your wonderful review.
Set amidst the majestic Himalayan ranges, Wildflower Hall is the perfect getaway for both adventure seekers and relaxation. It warms my heart to read that you enjoyed every element of your stay and that the location, feel of the resort, the friendly team members and the cuisine could collectively create an exceptional experience for you.

The Outdoor Activities are indeed one of the most unique features of Wildflower Hall adding a feather to its hat and I am delighted to learn that you were able to indulge yourself in enchanting tranquility. Pawan is deeply humbled by your kind words of appreciation and is proud that he could add value to your journey of exploring the Himalayas by his time spent with you.

I look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel undoubtedly is one of the best hotels in India. The scenic beauty it offers is unmatched and the brand Oberoi takes care of the rest.
Exceptional quality of service and great food. This place is meant for the soul.
My only complain - In these times, when Internet has become a basic necessity, try and make it available FoC.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your stay on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to know that the food and service were to your satisfaction as well as hotel location.
I have noted your feedback on Wi-Fi and please be assured that I am working on the same with local vendors, so in the near future we are able to pass the cost benefit to our guests.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back soon.