“Best amongest Best”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mashobra
New Delhi, India
“Best amongest Best”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Wow what a great property and excellent location, One of the best property I stayed in my life time. Location is adjacent to Forest and on the top of the Hill makes it even better. Rooms are big enough and comfortable. The Food is good...expensive but worth spending. Recreation facilities are excellent and tennis court is one of the rarest found in hotel. latest equipment in Gym and pool table are good to kill spare time. Staff was courteous and morning breakfast is lavish and well spread. Must go for jungle Safari to enjoy the surroundings.I found Spa rate very high and not worth spending.

I highly recommend stay in the property...

Room Tip: Take a Mountain View Room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Abhishek A
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on the location and facilities of the hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that you were able to partake in many of Wildflower Hall's unique appointments including the Walk in the Forest Sanctuary.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you for your review.

Email address – sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Bhopal
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Why? thats i ask myself after visiting.awesome culinary,amazing Jacuzzi and spa experience.what a place to rest, rejuvenate.seamless check in, rooms as expected,Food must try all in the menu,they also emailed me few recipes, if you have any plans for the hills must visit min.3 nights are a must. few not quotes but what i feel. Capital builds brick and mortar landmarks, Humans are the soul as if i do not mention Shruti and Deep i would be wrong about dedicated souls in hospitality. this was the first great getaway where the GM was on his toes thanks Mr.Verma you are a great team leader and motivator. Finally get there and Challenge me.

Room Tip: any where even the Jacuzzi is fine
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank smindia

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read that you have carried back fond memories of your stay at Wildflower Hall.

Shruti and Deep are delighted by your praise and recognition.

Our location combined with our team makes this a truly unique retreat.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Its a Grainy memory i have about Wildflower. Mystic in midst of the lush valley. Its an Anglo feeling with fire place rooms. Just too Photogenic view , anything n everything around is just beauty !
And so is a must visit location , when in shimla

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the location of the resort.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and staying with us for a longer duration.

Montauroux
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This magical hotel has the most stunning views of the Himalayas. What fun to open our windows on to a marvellous Himalayan backdrop with a monkey munching an orange on our balcony. Strictly discouraged to feed them - wasn't us - honest!! It is well worth being outside the hustle of central Shimla. Breakfast on the terrace [late November] in the sunshine with fantastic views is something we shall never forget. Also the jacuzzi with the water ebbing into what seemed like the mountainside. The food was exquisite and the Chef even gave us some of his recipes to bring home. Shruti and Moniza were delightful, but then so were all the staff, including knowledgeable Deep, who had worked with Jamie Oliver. The Oberoi policy of no-individual tipping is a joy in India. We hope we tipped enough in the general box.

Room Tip: Go for a stunning mountain view - well worth the extra
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Wildflower Hall.

Our location amidst a dense Cedar forest looking out to the mighty Himalayas does give the resort a unique perspective. It allows our guests to slow down, unwind and rejuvenate.

I am happy to read that the culinary team was able to add special experiences during your stay. They are most humbled by your recognition as are Shruti and Moniza.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 9, 2013

It took me a 8 hour drive to reach Shimla and then 20 mins to the hotel, but it was worth spending 8 hours. One of the best Oberoi properties in India. No doubt that Oberoi offers the best in India but this one is simply amazing. The location, the outdoor hot water tub, the ambience and the hospitality. The hotel manager used to ask us everytime we took a step outside our room. Also our room wasnt a suite just a deluxe one but they treated us like we're the first family.

What i really like was being one of the finest chains the hotel isn't crowded and has limited rooms like 25-30. The manager and rest of the staff was gentle and humble with us i dont even have words to say.

I remember we checked in directly in our room and it was ready before we reached. Also what i liked was no outsiders were allowed in the hotel except the hotel guests which makes it unique.
Being 16 i also got a free room which eliminates the bedding option for us.

I didn't go for the spa but the on-property activities offered were splendid from different kind of trails to cover in foot or a mountain bike were amazing. The tennis court too.

Also the food they offered was very delicious. Remember whenever you travel there always check for the offers they are giving. We got free dinner, breakfast and lunch that i won in the Easter egg.
Because i was the one to find all the eggs that day.

The property is just another world. There is a game room, a separate bar and many board game they offer to play.
It is just breathtaking

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karan B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review.

I am delighted to read that have enjoyed your stay at Wildflower Hall. Our packages with unique elements allow families to spend quality time together and still gives our younger guests places and times to be themselves.

I thank you for your gracious comments on the hotels facilities and the team.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The drive up to the hotel from Shimla town is in itself a wonderful experience and as you approach the hotel you feel like entering a castle decorated for the princely. If the location and the property is splendid the staff is outstanding. This is the hallmark of all the Oberoi group properties and they take great care to make your stay memorable. The staff if very helpful. Infact when we wanted a cab to get around to a few places, they provided us with two options - the hotel owned cabs and hotel approved cabs with the later being a bit cheaper. It really impressed me that the hotel wants to be transparent to its customers and wants to cater to all segments. A review of this property will be incomplete without mentioning the spa, it was heavenly !!!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor looking over the valley
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy123S
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your precise review. I am happy to read that you felt the team at the resort was cordial, warm and forthcoming in all your interactions.

We endeavour to create unique holiday experiences for all our guests and I thank you fro your gracious commentary.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This trip is my 22nd trip of the year. I've been anywhere from the Maldives to the Switzerland to Lase Vegas to Hong Kong and this short (very sad about that) stay at the Wildflower was one of the most memorable stays ever!

The property is spectacularly located in the mountains with views that can only be dreamed of, the service is kind and sweet and so respectful!

The General Manager, Mr. Sharma is actively caring about his customers, proud of his staff and his property.

Just to give you an example of a memorable service experience, I forgot my diamond earrings in the hotel (and I really didn't remember). The front desk found my secretary number (don't ask me how), got in touch with her and send me my earrings the next day by an employee that I didn't even get a chance to thank in person, so Sharma Gi, please be sure to extend my grateful thanks to the young lady who did this.

I could go on and on and on but I just wanna say one thing...The whole time I stayed there, I kept saying "I think I'm finally in Paradise!"

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view and pay the difference. It's magical!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LorelaiUSA

Thank you for your review.

Our location tends to create a feeling of time slowing down at the resort. We are humbled by the comparison to some of the most exotic locales in the world.

The team at Wildflower Hall takes pride in craeting memorable holidays for all our guests and I have thanked the team member who returned your earrings personally. Our team is the unique element that sets this hotel apart.

I thank you for all the chats we had and look forward to seeing you return soon.

Email address – sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashobra
The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla
Clarkes Hotel
#2 of 112 in Shimla
Tethys Ski Resort Narkanda
Snow Valley Resorts Shimla

Been to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas? Share your experiences!