“excellent holiday”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mashobra
New Delhi, India
“excellent holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent couple of days in April last year and while reviewing another hotel , I thought about our stay here. The sheer indulgence nature of the hotel in the middle of total wilderness. What made it great was the nature of all the people working in the hotel. They were so friendly and helpful , one kept extending the breakfast & lunch time for the sheer pleasure of talking to them. Mr. Nikhil Gandhi was so kind and we still have the honey and the caps gifted by the hotel and I realised its the people who make the hotel. Luxuries are available in most hotels but the personal touch makes it memorable. Thank you so much , have been really busy but am going to keep coming back here. The sheer joy of sitting outside in total darkness , watching the moon rise .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read you found the resort to be warm and the service personalised. I am hopeful that since we have created a flutter in your recent memory, you will plan a holiday with us soon. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to plan your next visit.

Email address – sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have been visiting Wildflower hall every year after diwali for the past three years. The experience has always been great and keeps pulling us back ever year. Our holidays usually consist of a trek through the forest/village combined with an easy rafting trip/a spa day/ a mountain biking trip.
The treks are great fun as well as a great way to learn about the area as the guides from the hotel are very well informed about the surroundings and love to share their knowledge.
The spa is great. The experience was calming and rejuvenating.
One of the best parts about the hotel is the infinity jacuzzi that overlooks the mountains. The warm water masks the chilling effect of the outside air. There is never a wrong time to step into the jacuzzi, in the mornings you get a clear view of the mountains and at night the sky lights up with a million shining stars. The indoor pool is heated and is great for a swim.
The food is amazing. The appetisers and main courses, are beyond tasty. The breakfast is good with a vast selection at the buffet table as well as an a la carte menu.
Coming to the service, saying that it was impeccable would be an understatement. The staff is courteous, helpful and above all adds a personal touch their service. The general manager is always taking rounds of the property helping whenever needed. The chefs walk through the restaurant interacting with the guests. The server at the pool remembered what drinks we had the day before. All in all the service makes you feel comfortable and pretty much at home(with all your needs catered to). Visiting the wildflower hall for a short holiday is a must. It was a rejuvenating and a wonderful experience for all of us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review and returning to your home in the Himalayas!!!

By returning to Wildflower Hall, you give us the greatest compliment. With your support and encouragement, the team continues to strive towards creating unique experiences for all our guests.

I thank you for your comments on the Spa, food and service at the hotel. It is my constant endeavour that each of our guests plan a return visit to this wonderful retreat in the Himalayas!!

Once again I thank you fro your patronage and gracious commentary and look forward to your next visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We went to Wildflower Hall for the 2013 Diwali. I went with my parents and my sister and brother in-law, we stayed there for 4 nights.
The things i liked most about this property
1. Jacuzzi - the open air Jacuzzi is an amazing experience, I couldn't personally decide my favorite time to be in the Jacuzzi, after sun-set where, u can lie in the hot water Jacuzzi and gaze at the beautiful sky and countless stars, or in the mornings where view of mountain ranges is incredible, on a clear day even gangotri range is visible. p.s. - even the temperature of indoor swimming pool is maintained.
2. White water Rafting - A MUST DO.......!!! What an experience, there are two levels in white water rafting, one is for an beginners which lasts for an hour, the one we took was for 3 hours and slightly more difficult. They asked me if i have done river rafting previously. When they heard that I have done river - rafting at hrishikesh, they instantly informed me that this white water rafting isnt as good. We drove for 2 hours to our starting point, where we changed into wet suits. The rapids werent as challanging as the the hrishikesh ones, but then they offered us to sit in the banana boats (its a small canoe shaped boat, where maximum two people can sit). And boy what an experience. I loved every second of my white water banana boat experience. There were lots of small virgin beaches there. They set us our lunch on the table, they had also carried chairs for us. The lunch was the highlight of the trip for my sister. It was a pretty romantic location. Unfortunately for her and her husband my presence ruined the romance for them. :p Still my sister absolutely loved it. (in winter they even have bon-fires).
I recommend this to everyone, this is an amazing experience. Kudos to wildflower Hall for setting it up.
3. The 3rd thing i loved about the Wildflower hall was when i had booked the hotel, i had included breakfast plus dinner. Although dinner was in package, they never once insisted us on having the buffet, rather we have ordered a la carte every single night.

The staff was very friendly and courteous, we even watched a movie in the mini theater and played cards in cards room and billiards a couple of times.

My parents went for the walk in the trail. I was too busy relaxing to bother going on it.

My parents and sister and brother in law all loved the spa there as well.

All in all a wonderful experience.

p.s. - this property is located around 10km from shimla, and although we crossed shimla a couple of times, we never had any need/urge/inclination to go there

Room Tip: Rooms are amazing, especially the mountain view rooms have an outstanding view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.

It gives me great pleasure to note that the family was able to spend quality time together, unwind and enjoy the holiday. I shall pass on your compliments to each section of my team who were involved in the experiences you shared at Wildflower Hall.

Our location allows each of our guests to unwind at their own pace and due to the plethora of Activities available, each member of the family is able to do what they feel adds value to their stay.

I thank you for your wonderful comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Wildflower Hall in Shimla for our wedding anniversary a few months ago. It is the most lovely hotel in a stunning setting. Our anniversary did not go unnoticed by the staff and much fuss was made of us but not in an intrusive way. Just very thoughtful. The rooms are very comfortable and ours had a lovely view, when the clouds cleared. The food is delicious and we particularly loved having breakfast outside. The outdoor hot bath is not to be missed. It is is fantastic and you can have drinks brought to you there. We went on a circular walk from the hotel, just for a couple of hours, on a very pretty forested mountain track which was easy to follow. All activities are very clearly advertised and explained. I would love to go back one day and would definitely recommend Wildflower Hall. I loved its elegant, wood panelled rooms, its friendly staff and its peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us for a special occassion.

I am delighted to read that the team was able to create a memorable holiday whilst ensuring unobtrusive service. I thank you for your comments on the various facilities and Activities at the resort.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had a mountain view room for a 5 night stay at the start of November, the environment is beautiful, the gardens sensational and the view is magical. Our service was exceptional and I can not fault anything that occurred in the hotel.

We hired a motorbike and drove from Shimla to Narkanda which was one of the most amazing drives I have ever done.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in Shimla looking for the perfect peaceful holiday.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

Our location in the middle of a dense protected Cedar forest, overlooking the mighty Himalayas, combined with our team, makes Wildflower Hall a unique retreat. For many of our patrons, based in cities, the resort, is the ideal place from where they can explore mother nature's delightful creations and unwind.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your ride to Narkanda.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at the wildflower hall Shimla for one night. We had a consort able drive to the hotel with good sign ages and easy to find. The hospitality is the typical Oberoi, which very well lives up to the expectation. We had a very warm welcome wit he GM greeting us. I really appreciate that as it is not a very common occurrence.

I had booked a mountain view room, and truly the views were fantastic and lived up t the expectation. A great indoor huge swimming pool, and the highlight of the property for us for the open air jacuzzi. It's amazingly heated jacuzzi on the balcony. Once in the jacuzzi you don't even feel that it's so cold outside, we ended up spending about an hour in the jacuzzi.

Overall great service great food and fabulous property, it's worth every rupee you spend on it. A bit pricey but I say worth it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

From your review, I note that all the unique elements of Wildflower Hall came together to create a memorable holiday for both of you. I only wish you could have stayed longer!!!

Thank you once again for your gracious comments and we look forward to your return visit and ensuring you can stay longer next time.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is indeed every bit as good as you have heard about. I'd love to go again. But with the closure of Shimla airport to commercial traffic, you will almost certainly have a seriously long and arduous journey to get here. So TIP 1 - don't scrimp, pay up for the mountain view rooms, otherwise it's like buying a birthday cake but not buying the candles… and TIP 2 there is a great spa but there are great spas much nearer where you live - you did that journey to see the mountains and experience the mountains so take the hotel up on its offer to provide a guide for local walks, or mountain biking, or river rafting, or the amazing narrow gauge mountain railway at Shimla or whatever but do plan to get out and about. And TIP 3 - chose your time of year carefully - whether it's for the flowers, walking or whatever but to be here in the rain and mist would be a crying shame. And if you get lucky and have a clear night, try out the heated, outdoor jacuzzi with the infinity edge - the moon rise through the cedar trees is just unforgettable...

Room Tip: Make mine a Mountain View room!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OnehandEconomist
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am most pleased to read your recommendations to our future guests. The points mentioned by you add another dimension to the Wildflower Hall experience.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward toy our return visit,

Email address – sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashobra
The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla
#5 of 111 in Shimla
Marigold Sarovar Portico
Marigold Sarovar Portico
#12 of 111 in Shimla

Been to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas? Share your experiences!