“Excellence all round -Great property- Great service”

Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mashobra
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had visited Wildflower Hall on 3rd March 2013.
Although the website had lovely photos the snow clad compound added an even greater level of charm to this lovely property.
Set amidst pine forests at a altitude of 8500 Feet this historic property has all the old world charm of the past and regal splendor of the British Raj absolutely intact. Rich wooden paneling’s and
old antique furniture bring to life the glory of the Raj.
The facilities and service are absolutely top class and one is hard pressed to find any shortcoming. The range of F&B options is huge and changes daily. Options like home made menu ensure you never get bored. The staff go out of the way to pamper you and treat you like royalty. No request is too difficult for them to execute.
If you want to witness all round perfection and excellence this is the place to go.
the Staff is truly hospitable and warm and give a unique soul and character to this lovely place.
The best value money can buy if you wish to indulge.

Room Tip: Spend the additional amount on a Mountain view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank peter-newton-lewis
WildflowerHallShimla, General Manager at Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your overwhelming review. We are truly humbled with your compliments.

I am delighted to read that all elements of the resort were able to create a good holiday for you. The Chefs are delighted with your praise and recognition. Our location combined with our team makes Wildflower Hall a unique destination. It is great to read that you felt you received good value and efficient service during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Second time I have been for this hotel the best thing I like is location n staff.Being as a hotelier I must say that staff was highly motivated and I realy wants to thanks that gentlmen who realy help me out in restro just forget his name but during the conversation I came to know that he was from dharamshala.yesterday I just had a lunch there.food was outstanding I never had such type of food n it was not expansive.end of the day I can say that u they made my day becoze I got a smile on my wife face.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. The entire team at the resort is thankful for your praise and compliments. I am delighted you enjoyed our cuisine. We hope that you will stay with us when you return to Shimla.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was part of our tour of India and we were here for 3 nights .
The hotel is lovely , very clean and tidy and with views that most other hotels would kill for !!
The staff kill you with kindness and cannot be recommended enough - they really were a great bunch of people . The spa area is lovely as is the inside swimming pool and the outside Infinity pool again with great views and poolside service .
If you are looking for a relaxing spa break or just time out to relax then this is the place for you and you will be pampered .
The downsides ?? For what you pay there should be free wi-fi . Everywhere else we stayed offered free wi-fi service but here you get 10 minutes per day and after that you have to pay . Its not a big deal but little things like this make the difference .
The food I would say was OK but nothing more .Certainly for the price I would have expected better .
On our first night the guests in the room above us decided to host their own Bollywood party making sleep impossible but a call to the front desk saw this swiftly resolved and again is a testament to the quality of staff and level of service they offer .
Lastly my employee of the month award would go to Lalita who is a lovely girl who manned the desk at the spa . She was super helpful and always smiling and friendly . She also did my massage and did a great job .
All in all a very luxurious place to stay with a couple of small niggles that if sorted would make it perfect

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dachopfather

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on our team and service. Lalita from our Spa team is humbled with your praise. Our location combined with our team does create an oasis of calm in the midst of chaos called modern life. I note your comment on the wi-fi and we are working with a local vendor to reduce our investment costs on the internet service which will enable us to pass the benefits to all our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in the Jacuzzi area with views looking to the mighty Himalayas!!!

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent property especially for those who need to relax amidst the cedar trees & the Himalayan mountains. Food was very good & the Spa was superb. The indoor heated swimming pool is fab & the outdoor infinity jacuzzi is out of this world. Its a place to unwind & enjoy the Hotel. Rooms were comfortable. Choose the ones facing the Mountains as one can see on a clear day the entire Himalayan Range which is spectacular. Breakfast is sumptuous & has a great variety of Continental as well as Indian fare. We stayed for 4 nights & all the days we had different weather, ranging from Snow, Rain, Wind & Sunshine. My husband celebrated my birthday & it was a very memorable night as the hotel arranged a very exclusive dinner for us 4.

Room Tip: Mountain facing rooms are great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amaladantas879

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you and your friends stay with us recently. We are delighted that we could offer you a break away from the busy schedules of daily life in a metro.

I am delighted that you chose to celebrate a special occasion with us and hope you have carried back fond memories of that evening's frivolities. Thank you for your encouraging comments on the food, Spa and the Jacuzzi--Pool area. These factors combined with our team make Wildflower Hall a unique home in the Himalayas.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you want to an abundant supply of oxygen, breathe in clean fresh unadulterated air then Wildflower hall is for you. The elegance, the charm, the warmth from the fireplaces, to the library and billiard room to the parquet flooring this hotel offers a place to relax, unwind. The Solarium is perfect to bask in the warmth of the sun and the outdoor Jaccuzzi offer stunning views of the surrounded forests. Hiking is a must! The resident guides are very knowledgeable about the flora of fauna of the area and give a lot of information on conservation. Sunrise viewed from the terrace is spectacular. Food was good and there was a variety to suit everyones pallet. The staff are very attentive. Dining on the terrace is not without hazards. I had a surprise Simian guest Monkey) for lunch. She was not very polite and made off with most of my lunch!! The staff was very apologetic and gave meal a replacement meal on the house!! Rooms are well appointed. Liked the wooden potty rim nice and warm when you sit on it. Lighting was great for makeup.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra James S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the many aspects that make Wildflower Hall team unique.

Being located in the middle of a 22 acre Cedar forest and in the shadow of the mighty Himalayas does create a sense of outer-worldly experience. The Activities team and the chefs are delighted with your praise and recognition.

I hope that you have carried back fond memories of your stay here and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The one thing i can't fault about this hotel is the location!! The scenery is breathtaking and well worth a visit alone if that floats your boat. We arrived at the hotel after an 11 hours drive and we were greeted with hot chocolate by very pleasant staff, we made our way to the rooms and got settled, i immediately opened the window to soak up the mountain air and turned round to sort something out, after hearing a yelp from my boyfriend i turned back to see a monkey in the room eating our oranges, we actually found this hilarious and there are cards warning you to not open the windows but we had a good laugh about this. The wildlife is fantastic around there, from monkeys to the resident gibbon, Tarzan, eagles and so on. We ate in the restaurant the first night and it was ok, nothing special, in fact my boyfriends simple prawn dish was overcooked and you don't really expect that from a 5 star, we also found it quite pricey for what you got, because of this we decided to stick to the pool side menu and room service from there on. The pool and jacuzzi area is wonderful, very relaxing and service is second to none we had the couples massage which again was nice, but i suppose like any other massage that i've had and not with a €200 plus price tag. As activities go we did the archery which is fine, your basically left to your own devices for half an hour, we also did the white water rafting, we were warned that there wasn't many rapids at this time and there wasn't but the experience was lovely and we had a nice lunch at the end of it also. One disappointment was the wifi, i really believe these sort of hotels that charge over and above for food and alcohol should provide this free of charge but not only this when i went to reception to ask if i bought one day of internet would that last me 3 days if i always sign in and out, meaning i get 24 hours on a timer really?? I was told yes so i made sure that i didn't stay on long after purchasing this for 15 euros and after checking emails etc signed out only to discover the next day no, i had 1 day in total, i thought this was mis-communtication on my part but it happened to my friend also and she had checked separately so watch out for that. All in all this is a lovely hotel and very relaxing but on the pricey side, we spent the same amount on food, drinks and activities as we did our whole stay and we didn't eat or drink particularly much.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are the way to go :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rockstar008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience.

Our location amidst a 22 acre forest does throw up simian surprises every now and then!!! This combined with the view of the Himalayas from various vantage points adds to the overall magic of our location. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the service at the Pool and Jacuzzi area. As I read further into your review, I note your points on the food and wi-fi. We are in the process of working with a local vendor to substantially reduce our infrastructure costs for the Internet service which will then enable us to pass this benefit to all our guests. I note that enjoyed the various Activities like river rafting offered by us. Value for money is something we strive to provide all our guests with and rest assured that we will work on the points mentioned by you.

I thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife found this place through a friend and we decided to be here on our vacation in the north. The only purpose to visit Shimla was to visit Wildflower Hall, and we loved it every bit. The service was extra-ordinary right from the moment we entered till the time we checked out from there. Uddhav at the reception, Chef Dinesh, Sanjay in the restaurant are names to be mentioned and special thanks to Pratap for guiding us the correct way to Dalhousie. We would recommend this property to every couple who would want to enjoy peace, luxury and a time to cherish forever!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with the mountain view have an excellent view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rsrk

Dear Guest,

You honour us by coming to Shimla with the sole reason being Wildflower Hall.

Thank you for your comments on our service. Uddhav, Dinesh, Pratap and Sanjay are humbled with your recognition.

Our location combined with our team makes Wildflower Hall a truly unique destination and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Email address – sharma.abhishek@oberoihotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mashobra
The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla
Snow Valley Resorts Shimla
Marigold Sarovar Portico
Marigold Sarovar Portico
#12 of 113 in Shimla

Been to Wildflower Hall, Shimla in the Himalayas? Share your experiences!