“Perfect Bank holiday weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedgeford
The Hideaway - Wild Luxury
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“Perfect Bank holiday weekend”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

A real find. Would love to keep it to ourselves but praise is deserved for The wild luxury company for getting it so right and Tash for being so brilliant at settling us in upon arrival.
Food on arrival was handy as stove takes a while to heat up and we were hungry!
Super clean, lots of extra's at the camp for the kids to do to keep them entertained.
We couldn't get our stove past 150 degrees for want of trying, which could have been our lack of knowledge with the range however the 5 hot water bottles provided kept us toasty at night. We took an extra quilted blanket which I would advise in early May.
The only thing missing was an outdoor hammock to snooze in... But there is always room for improvement I guess.
We will be booking again for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 214Pepper

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
leicestershire
Reviewed April 26, 2014

What an amazing place.... The pictures on their website looks gorgeous, I have to admit I was dubious but when we arrived it was perfect..... we paid extra for the beds to be made on arrival, I would recommend this as it makes it all so easy. We literally moved in, cracked open a bottle, lit the fire pit and relaxed. The children loved it - they played outside from morning till night (wheel barrow races, swing ball, on the climbing frame, petting the goats - just generally being free and adventurous) We also booked the breakfast, which was well worth it and very tasty.

If your considering booking this - do it.... its fantastic!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here a little while ago but still remember it very well, in fact we've booked the a tent at the beach venue this summer. Perfect for families with lots of active kids, lighting fires, generally tearing around, playing cricket and football, marshmallows over the fire pit.

Kids go to bed far too late and go to bed exhausted, adults stay up and demolish multiple bottles of wine.

Nice local beaches, good food nearby (but need to drive)

Recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had an amazing holiday at The Hideaway this August. We've done camping and caravanning before, but wanted more comfort, less work but to still have the outdoor experience that we love. Wild Luxury delivered everything we hoped for and much more. The safari lodge is very comfortable and well equipped with everything you could possibly need. The shower was amazing, powered by your own independent gas supply so unlimited hot water (unlike most camping or caravanning experiences!).
We also wanted a technology free holiday - it was great to play scrabble every night with my two teenagers with no iPods in sight! It might not be every teenagers ideal holiday with no electric, but if your kids agree to leave the gadgets at home it's great. My 14 year old son loved being in charge of the fire pit which was unquestionably our favourite thing about the holiday!
Ellen our ranger was so helpful and always on hand to help (just a phone call away when not on site).
The view from the lodge is amazing and uninterrupted by roads or buildings. if you love the English countryside it is the perfect setting (especially first thing in the morning on a beautiful summer's day).
The area is beautiful and many days out are within easy reach of The Hideaway. We especially loved the nature reserve beach at Holme-next-the-sea as recommended by Ellen.
In summary a perfect holiday and everything we were hoping for and more. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise1462013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm not a camper. I hate bugs. I hate the cold. I really am not a candidate for camping in any way whatsoever. But Glamping? Yep, I can do that it seems! I picked up a brochure for a similar experience over 10 years ago and my Husband laughed so hard at me I threw it away. This time I insisted I wanted to try it and felt assured if anything the kids would love it, and well I'd do anything for them to have a nice time. I was drawn to the site for Wild Luxury when initially searching for where to go, there was something assuring about the website and well....tripadvisor reviews were pretty good too, so we picked PWH as our destination.

Well, I wasn't disappointed at all. From start to finish everything ran smoothly - and I mean from point of booking, information along the way, checking in, on-site queries and departure etc. Jonathan explained everything to my Husband in relation to set up that we needed to know whilst myself and the kids took it all in. My children were immediately enthralled it has to be said. They were smitten with the cabin bed, over the moon with the space to run around, excited about the on-site animals and then beside themselves with the thought of collecting freshly hatched eggs directly from the chickens in the morning. My Husband was at home immediately with getting the stove up and running and kept us warm and toasty throughout the week as well as deliciously fed. It really wasn't difficult at all to make lovely meals in there and others point out, there is something quite wonderful and rewarding to it.

We arrived the day after the 'worst storm since 87' night... and were pleased to note that structurally PWH didn't seem to the worse for wear because of it. All was fine and dandy. We did have, however, incredible winds again on the Wednesday night for hours and it was quite something to behold watching things sway around you. The kids slept completely uninterrupted throughout the entire episode much to my astonishment, and to be fair that's how they slept the entire week. I have to point out that those beds are really something, very comfortable and the high tog duvets amazing. Once warm and toasty inside them it was hard to get back out again.

It was a fun and rewarding week with very much needed respite. I really liked being away from technology and interruptions and there is something very romantic about candlelight. We 'did' manage to get freshly laid eggs from the chickens on two mornings much to the children's delight and we also managed to get an errant chicken back into his hatch. Very funny it has to be said.

I couldn't fault it to be honest, if you want to kick back and relax on site it's easy to do so, and if you want to get in the car and head off out for a few hours you're only ever a little drive away from something to do. We had some nice neighbours who our children made friends with, it's so easy for children to do this really and lovely to see. Halloween fell during our week and everyone had got pumpkins done and outside their lodges and the children did a mini 'trick or treat'. Toasting marshmallows outside on the firepit is absolutely a rite of passage and as others have pointed out you have stunning sunsets.

We stayed in Foxglove right bang in the middle of everyone, but i don't know whether or not i would say one location of a lodge is better or not than another, they're all spaced out quite nicely etc. For anyone with kids in tow, they have a swing and slide structure, they have swingballs between each lodge. They have a little seesaw and obviously the children love being pushed in the wheelbarrows. It really is remote and way into the farm so you feel very safe with them running around the lodges onsite.I can only imagine how wonderful this place is during the summertime with the sides rolled up and the view all around you and a glass of wine in hand. It's something for us to consider for next year indeed. Brilliant!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Suffolk
Reviewed October 2, 2013

A brilliant setting in wild norfolk for a long weekend away. Jonathon was on hand when we arrived to explain all, and visited daily to check all was OK. The tents are awesome with a great stove for cooking and keeping the tent warm. You really are away from it all here with only goats , chickens & geese for company( we were so lucky to have the entire site to ourselves).
There is a well stocked honesty shed for anything you forget and the beautiful north norfolk coast is only a short drive away.
We had a wonderful relaxing weekend away and I would highly recommend the hideaway for just that

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

3 generations having an away weekend and the Hideway didn't fail to live up to the high expectations that we had set!!! What a thoroughly relaxing, fun and wonderful setting for a break away from the norm ;o) The weather was wonderful and the staff at Wild Luxury were available from start to finish to make sure that our holiday was a success!!!! The lodge was well equipped and comfortable and the cleanliness of the interior including the shower and toilet was exceptional. The 'honesty shed' where you could purchase just about any extras that you may have overlooked or ran out of was 'genius'!!! Great sunsets, great lodge, great experience.....we will be back!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedgeford
Heacham Manor Hotel
#1 of 7 in Hunstanton
Sedgeford Hall Estate
Sedgeford Hall Estate
#4 of 4 in Sedgeford

Been to The Hideaway - Wild Luxury? Share your experiences!