“First visit to Magazine Wood - won't be our last!”
Review of Magazine Wood

Magazine Wood
Ranked #1 of 4 Sedgeford B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We chose Magazine Wood particularly because of it's location and the fact that breakfast is provided within the room, ensuring a leisurely start to the day. These two aspects were indeed as good as we expected, but everything else about this B&B is highly recommended as well. The quality of the furnishings and facilities is excellent, the location is perfect and any request we made was dealt with promptly. We will return!

Room Tip: We stayed in "Walkers" and did not see the interiors of the other rooms, but I understand...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonathan N, Owner at Magazine Wood, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Muriel It was a pleasure looking after you and quite a long visit. We really got used to you being at Magazine Wood. I am very pleased that you will be returning.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Having just got married, my wife and I wanted a few days away for some peace and relaxation, we don't like going to large hotels or B&Bs and Magazine Wood looked to tick those boxes when we booked, it is also fantastic value for money. We stayed in the Garden Room and were very impressed by the decor and styling, beautifully laid out, possibly the most comfortable bed in the world and an amazing bathroom... the bath and shower are really powerful, was bliss. For £6 you can opt to have a cooked breakfast including a full English, kippers or smoked salmon with scrambled eggs. This is delivered to your room at your chosen time, we had this on one day and it was very nice. The location itself is very secluded which alongside the non-intrusive approach of the owners makes for a relaxing environment. In terms of getting out and about Magazine Wood is nicely positioned to be in easy drive of local towns such as Holt and Sheringham and surrounded by some excellent eateries, I would recommend the White Horse in Brancaster for dinner on at least one of your evenings! You are also located on the 'Pedders Way', A footpath that tracks through Norfolk up to Holme on the coast, use this path to get out and explore the lovely surrounding countryside which is very much unspoiled and full of wild flowers and animals. The owners were helpful and amenable and also made a nice gesture when we were leaving. Be aware that you can pay your deposit online but must have cash with you to settle the bill as they cannot conduct card payments on site. Overall I had a lovely few days relaxing here, its not often I return to the same places as I like to explore, but I think for Magazine Wood i'd make an exception.

Room Tip: I didn't see the other rooms but the Garden Room is beautiful, would recommend.
2  Thank dickted

Thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Have stayed here twice no, Lovely location, quiet, peaceful, and welcoming hosts.
The breakfast was wonderful, and the local area books were up to date, and helpful.
Looking forward to my next trip back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

It was lovely to see you again and I am so pleased you are already thinking of another visit.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, the views are stunning, the accommodation is excellent and the staff very helpful. This is one of the most peaceful and relaxing places we have ever visited with every little detail thought of. It looks amazing on the internet but even better in real life. The room exceeded all expectations and the breakfasts were out of this world. Thank you very much Pip for a wonderful stay and we loved the dogs Marmite and Maggie paying us a visit. Don't really want to say much more as we would like to keep this place as our secret as our special woodland retreat!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonathan N, Manager at Magazine Wood, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for your review. It was great hosting you after such a busy time and I am glad we made your honeymoon special.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed for two days together with our border collie. There is little to add to the previous comments in that I would struggle to think of anything I would want that wasn't already there to a high standard. There have been one or two negative comments about the "anytime breakfast" - we thought that it was great and offered huge flexibility (the quality was really good too). We had intended to have the cooked breakfast on the second morning but enjoyed the anytime breakfast so much that we had it again. I think we missed out on and excellent cooked breakfast as a result and we will have that next time we stay.

We had a very warm welcome and farewell and were left to our own devices apart from that (perfect!). There is one room that is set aside for pet owners and this was great for us and the dog. The location is great for dog walking being on the Peddars Way and close to some good beaches. There is a good pub (dog-friendly) in walking distance too.

Thank you Pip and Jonathan - we couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoggyH

I am so pleased you enjoyed your time at Magazine Wood and hope to see you all again one day.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

we stayed for one night end March 2014, on route to a business meeting. Everything was perfect. place is chic, very comfortable, elegant in every sense. You cannot fault this place and the people who own it. We ordered hot breakfast, which was without a doubt the best, quality-wise and preparation. The place and the business are environmentally friendly without fuss and without compromising on quality - in fact, everything offered, from tap filtered water, to home-made fruit salad in the fridge .. is top quality, clean, elegant and lovingly prepared. This is truly a spectacular place to stay -we would have cancelled our conference and stayed longer! highly recommended. Thank you Pip & Jonathan -and for returning the dress I left in your wardrobe; this just tells you we didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. I have to say the dress I sent back was also perfect!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I spent 2 amazingly relaxing days and nights at Magazine Wood at the beginning of March! I cannot praise this wonderful haven enough! The Welcome from Pip and her family was lovely- not fussy, just very friendly and helpful. The room itself was fabulous! As was the bathroom! Huge shower with incredible water pressure! The decor in both was of a very high standard. The bed, pillows, towels... all just perfect! The breakfast was quite unique and equally scrummy! Even luxury Muesli and delicious coffee! The peace and quiet in the mornings was unbelievable! No early morning noise of any sort! We ate in some really fantastic pubs and restaurants in the area during our 'little holiday', which had come highly recommended by Pip. We felt totally spoilt and have booked to return again for another short break, away from the stresses and strains of every day life! Can't wait!!! If you're wondering whether to book, don't! You will LOVE it!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JonathanB777, Manager at Magazine Wood, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Kay

Many thanks for your lovely comments and hopefully see you and your family at Wild Luxury (our sister business) in the future

Regards

Pip

Been to Magazine Wood? Share your experiences!