“Splendid and worth every penny”

Madhubhan Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Anand
Vadodara, India
“Splendid and worth every penny”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been to the place after 2 years living near it. My first impression was beautiful and expensive, but after having lunch at its Italian restaurant, i found out that every penny was worth it. The same authentic taste and that too wood baked....i doubt any restaurants do that in Gujarat, India. I highly recommend it and would visit it again.

Room Tip: If you like Italian, do give it a try.....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
MadhubhanResortspa, Manager at Madhubhan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are glad to hear that you loved the property and the food at Kouzina – The Italian & Mediterranean Bistro. Apart from pastas, pizzas and raviolis, Kouzina also specializes in serving Calzone, Arabic Meze, Focaccia, Eggplant Parmesan, Moussaka, Gnocchi etc etc . The sweet lovers will definitely love the appetizing Baklava and Tiramisu served at the bistro….if you are a food lover you should also try our Tapas – The Mexican bar , You’ll surely fall in love with the authentic Mexican varieties served @ Tapas!!!
Looking Forward to have you with us again!!!

Cheers ,
Team Madhubhan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We live in Baroda as expats and this seems like a good escape from the caos, and it is only 40 minutes away.
The resort is actually very nice even if a bit pricy. The problem comes with service which is one of the most appalling we have ever experienced in hotels this class.
The Room was full of Mosquitos at the moment of checking in, we called reception and the response was to send a boy with a mosquito spray, the buffet restaurant is below average and the service extremely slow and unattentive, in the confirmation email they specify the checkout is at 11 but we called to extend it and they say check out is at 10 because a wedding is going on, to book they ask you to make e deposit on their bank account or to send a copy of both sides of your credit card, we have asked to speak with a manager or supervisor for 2 days and never succeeded in seeing anyone senior.
In a word, the just cannot be bothered to be professional, efficient and nice to customers and display incompetence: people come here anyway and there is no competition: perfect environment for not nurturing focus to end consumers and display a high standard of service.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank UomoCheSa
New Jersey
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in this resort on our way to Sasan gir from Mumbai by road. It is a very nicely developed property but lacks professional approach. We did not get to check in the room at 15:45 noon bec the room was not ready.The staff was not able to handle the rush of the guests in the holiday season. There were lots of mosquitoes in the room. The delux cottage was really very spacious and extremely well made.The breakfast and lunch at the multicusine restaurant were very very bad but the newly opened Italian restaurant has interesting menu. Overall a good experience but I would not give it a value for money rating. It is very expensive and requires a lot of improvement on hospitality side. The spa also lacks professional approach despite having good therapists.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MadhubhanResortspa, Manager at Madhubhan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Madam,

At the outset, I thank you for choosing to stay with us and more importantly, taking your time off to share your feedback with us.
Reference our telecon of date; I am sure that your concerns are eased out to certain extent. As discussed over the phone I, in all sincerity requests you to let me have an opportunity to serve you which I am sure will change your opinion. Needless to mention that, I might not be able to undo what happened during your last stay but, I can guaranty that, all your future experiences will be the experiences to cherish.
Madam, it is the genuine feedback from discerning guests like you that helps us not only to meet but to exceed our guest expectations.

I on behalf of Team Madhubhan want to tender my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you on your last visit.

Looking forward to receiving you soon at the resort.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services and attention at all times.

Regards

Ganesh Dutt Dungriyal
Asst F&B Manager
Madhubhan Resort & Spa
Anand
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great place to stay, spend a weekend, have SPA or dine at various restaurants. Or even to be a member. It is a peaceful green piece made tastefully for just joy of giving good service to the customer. Thematically classic to local village style in a modern setting. All four restaurants are having great ambience and the recently opened Italian Bistro named Kouzina is too good in space, ambience and food. Not to forget it has the longest stretched swimming pool in the country.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MadhubhanResortspa, Manager at Madhubhan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking your time off to share your valuable feedback. It is very encouraging to receive such feedbacks to keep us motivated and encouraged at all the time. Looking forward to have you with us again soon….

Regards,

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The property is spread over 22 acres , the landscaping is creatively done. Lots of tall trees to provide the shade. It has 3 swimming pools ,
They have 3 types of rooms, 1. Rooms, Cottages and suites. The suites are tastefully furnished and very spacious . It has its own jacuzzi , plunge pool and a sunken bath in another wash area.
the garden adjacent to the suite is huge.
The resort has 4 restaurants and 1 tea bar, the food is good, except it needs improvement in the quality of mediterranean cuisine.
The staff is very helpful and accommodative, specially the chef prepared some Jain dishes which he had never tried before , and they were good to taste.
Their spa is good, run by Soham spa.
Overall it was one of the best experience

Room Tip: always book a cottage . not many sign boards on way to the resort, so should have proper direction
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MadhubhanResortspa, Manager at Madhubhan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking your time off to share your valuable feedback... We are glad that you enjoyed your stay @ Madhubhan Resort & Spa and specially the Jain food.. It is very encouraging to receive such feedback to keep us motivated and encouraged at all the time. Looking forward to have you with us again soon…

With Regards,

Anand, Gujarat
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am a resident of Anand. I have been to the resort a few times mainly to the Restaurant. Recently my friend happened to be in the Hotel when I got some time to go round the place. Its really beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and the restaurant is good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank subratasingh
MadhubhanResortspa, Manager at Madhubhan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really value your feedback…It is very encouraging to receive such feedbacks which otherwise is the reflection of you being our well-wisher. It’s our determined endeavor to give the best in the business to our discerning guests. Thank you once again for taking your time off to let us know that we are working in the right direction and you are not only liking it but also being instrumental by encouraging us to perform even better…

Truly,
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were a group of 13 persons visited The coffee shop 24x 7 on 1st of december 2012.For a group of 13 there was no table. We were asked to wait for 20 minutes and this waiting lasted for almost an hour .The other tables were empty but they did not manage to join it.We were told that the soup will be served on table and my god it took another 20 minutes wait and we ourselves went to the counter to collect soups and there was no choice too.The starters were lacking.The restaurant was almost 30 % occupied and even though we didn't get the desired service. Ther senior citizen above age of 75 yRS have to stand up again and again to get their refill.I was shocked to get this service. I travelled down from Ahmedabad to Vidhyanagar only for dinner and was shocked to get this service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vimal1803
MadhubhanResortspa, General Manager at Madhubhan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Dr. Patel,

Greetings of the day!!!

This is further to my Colleague, Mr. Ganesh Dungriyal’s mail to you.

I thank you for taking your time off and giving us your valuable feedback that really helps us to know our shortcomings and our Guests’ expectations thus, achieving a WIN WIN relationship.

Apropos this, I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience that you had on your visit to our Resort on the 1st of Dec '12 with your family and friends.
I am upset that we could not live up to your expectations leave alone, exceeding it and I totally look at this as an opportunity lost. I, as the General Manager,squarely hold myself responsible for your unpleasant experience. I have done a total investigation of the situation that you faced and have done the needful to arrest any such reoccurrences in future.

May I take this opportunity to mention that what you experienced is not our regular guest experiences and is an absolute aberration which I, in all humility, request you to please excuse us.

I refer to your mail whereby you have mentioned about visiting us for Kathiawadi Food Fest. I don't think a discerning Guest like you need to wait for the Festival to visit us. I suggest, you pick a day and let me know a couple of days in advance and I will ensure that you get, Kathiawadi Food anytime as per your convenience.

I once again, on behalf of Team Madhubhan sincerely apologize to you, your Family Members and Friends for your unpleasant experience. Please let me know if you want me to personally call and speak with any of your family members or friends to salvage little that I can and also to put you at ease.

I would be happy if you would like to share your cell number with me for future communication and for my personal guest list purpose. I amlooking forward to seeing you soon at the Resort.

Kind Regards,

Madhubhan Resort and Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anand
Palm Greens Club
No photo provided
Hotel Sach Regency
#9 of 9 in Anand
Boulevard 9 Luxury Resort & Spa

Been to Madhubhan Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!