Review Highlights
Fantastic day trip with Pa'ati Tours to the "Ile aux Recifs"!

Reviewed yesterday
michele d
Melbourne, Australia
Overall it was a great trip

Reviewed June 13, 2018
Chad D
Sunnyvale, California

All reviews day trip shallow water volcanic lava great trip shark feeding long boat ride cruise ship recifs leon motu excursions crossing lagoon snorkeling packs rangiroa fins
Reviewed yesterday

My husband and I have recently returned from a Holland of America cruise, and we were very lucky to visit Rangiroa. We were not satisfied by the range of tours offered by the cruise company in Rangiroa, and we looked for private tours. We contacted Pa'ati Tours and we got a very prompt reply from Natacha giving us all the details of the tour (a full day tour @ XPF9000 including lunch!)
We had about 20 people on the tour and we were taken across the lagoon in 2 speed boats (this trip took about an hour). The water was very calm, and the ride was very pleasant. We stopped at the Tiputa Pass to watch the dolphins frolicking around our boats. Quite a sight!
We disembarked on a white sand beach and had 2 hours to explore the deserted lagoon filled with tropical fish and wonderful coral. The snorkelling in the crystal clear waters of the “hoa” was fantastic. We then walked along the hoa until we came to the reef that separates the lagoon from the Pacific Ocean. The coral here was once under water, and rises several feet above the water. We enjoyed a swim in the natural Jacuzzis, we were the only people there. it was magnificent! Afterwards, we were taken across the hoa to the next motu for our picnic lunch. The water never was more that waist deep, and the views were indescribable. The water was every shade of blue with white beaches in the background. Our picnic was actually a real Tahitian feast: grilled coconut bread, rice, fresh local grilled fish, poisson cru etc. . We were treated more like family members than paying guests. Leon and his team were fantastic hosts. After lunch we waded around with the black tipped reef sharks in shallow waters. that was about 2 feet deep. When we left the motu, we reboarded the boats. On the way back, we stopped in the lagoon at “The Aquarium”,( no fences, no boundaries, just a great place for the fish to thrive!), it was teeming with tropical fish, and we were able to enjoy a swim amongst them! The fish and the coral were truly amazing.
The captain, Leon and his crew serenaded us with Tahitian tunes on guitar and ukulele as the sun began to set, whilst a couple of outrigger canoes surfed in our wake. The whole day was pure magic! It was an extraordinary adventure and the memories will live on forever. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone. It certainly was the best day of our journey!

Reviewed September 27, 2018

The sea and the wind were quite intense and the 1 hour trip to the island was very tough in the little boat. We boked the trip very much sure it would be lots of snorkelling. Unfortunately it was not. Lots of walking around both in land and in the water crossing lagoons. For me being short it was tough to have water up to my neck and currents pushing me away while I was trying to walk through the lagoons. Take your finns all the way! I did listen to the guys at the boat and left my fins. Wrong! They would have helped me in the only snorkel we did as they would have helped me to swim through the lagoons instead of walking through the currents. The food was very good and the activities coupled to the lunch were nice and well organised. Léon is kind and he tries his best. Be aware the many small rodents run around your things while you snorkel. Close the back packs and do not leave any food around. The site is very special because it is volcanic lava and coral that formed the "Recifs". It is worth to see but you do need good weather! I do not think this is good for small children or for those that cannot swim.

1  Thank Dude G
Reviewed June 13, 2018

The tour was interesting. It felt like we joined a family trip to the beach. There were 6 tourists and like 10 tour guide/family members including kids, etc. The island is beautiful. Our trip was the only boat there so was pretty remote. The lunch was amazing that they cooked much better than I expected. Feeding the sharks and swimming around and snorkelying with them after lunch was great.

2  Thank Chad D
Reviewed March 7, 2018

This is another one of the many atolls in this area. There's not much to see on land so, if you're not a diver, and I'm not, there's not a lot to do. I was on a cruise ship with French Polynesia as part of the itinerary. From the excursions on offer it was pretty obvious that there's not much going on here that isn't on, or under, the water, so it was pretty much what I'd expected.

1  Thank dskid
Reviewed September 21, 2017

We visited Rangiroa 3 times, always stayed in Pension Rangiroa Plage
Best way to visit the Atolls are 3 nights - it gives you 1 day for scuba and 1 day for trip to Motu and see the sharks - on return departure get ready for shark feeding frenzy - you can even touch lemon shark if you are lucky...before feeding of course..

3  Thank rfradim
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Leon is the greatest guide ever. Fun, caring for people and nature...and a great cook! He did a fish barbecue that was just incredible. This place Ile aux Recifs is absolutely gorgeous, and they do the tour in a very authentic way. If you're planning a boat tour in Rangiroa, that's the one you should look for.
Show de Bola, Amigo!!

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Not sure. A must do day trip in rangiroa. We did it with Leon, a local who owns his small motu at the ile aux recifs, where you will have a lunch (one of the best pain cocco and bbq I had in polinesia). Don t miss it!

Reviewed August 6, 2017

The hour long boat ride is well worth it. An afternoon of swimming, snorkeling and exploring. The water is crystal clear and the snorkeling was great. The black tip sharks in the shallow water were incredible to see, especially when they were fed scraps from lunch. So picturesque!

2  Thank John-MelanieZ
Reviewed August 2, 2017

Fantastic excursion, with the most amazing landscapes. We could see little sharks, gorgeous lagoons with clear water in a completely desert place! Loved it and would do it again for sure!

2  Thank Erika R
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic day, nice bunch of people.
Fish cocked on the barbecue was great, location is superb.
On the way there we stopped to see a Manta Ray and jumped in the water but unfortunately weren't quick enough to capture this beautiful marine life on a picture.
Highly recommended.