Our family of 5 stayed 8 nights at the Kia Ora in March prior to a 5 night stay at the Tikehau Pearl. This is our second trip to French Polynesia and we enjoyed it even more than the first time.
We had 2 bungalows, an overwater and a beach. Both were lovely, but as it was very hot during our stay, the overwater was much more comfortable as the ac did not work as well in the beach bungalow. However, the beach bungalow was lovely with an unbeatable location just steps to the water, with your own hammock and cool jacuzzi.(believe me- you want it cold!)
The ow bungalow was very modern and spacious and we loved feeding the fish from the deck after dinner. Keep in mind it is extremely hot and humid in March and April, so having ac to sleep at night is a must.
The snorkeling off the ow bungalows was not as good as we had experienced on our last trip to FP, but the snorkeling at the aquarium nearby was spectacular. My husband did 3 dives, but he said he saw just as much snorkeling at the aquarium-huge eels, sharks and multitudes of vibrant fish.
The food was EXCELLENT-especially dessert! We also loved the BBQ buffet and enjoyed the shows on those nights as well. Our daughters loved dancing along with the lovely Tahitian dancers.
What made our stay so memorable and special was the staff at Kia Ora. Honestly, they are so warm and kind and we truly miss them. They went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. We enjoyed getting to know the manager Jerry who went out of his way to get to know the guests- what a nice guy!
A special hello to Teva in the dining room who is one of the nicest people we have ever met- we miss you!
We hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rangiroa, a huge atoll lying in the middle of the Pacific among the French Polynesian archipelagos, owns one of the most beautiful hotels, the Hotel Kia Ora Resort & Spa. The resort has settled 60 bungalows among tropical gardens and white sand beach. Staying at this outstanding resort is a unique experience as per its idyllic location on the north coast of Rangiroa, between two reef passes outlined by the beautiful lagoon. Our exceptional hospitality will make your stay absolutely unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Kia Ora Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Kia Ora Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kia Ora Rangiroa
- Kia Ora Rangiroa
- Kia Ora Hotel
- Hotel Kia Ora Resort & Spa French Polynesia/Avatoru