Week-long stay for business, property picked by client.
Obviously this hotel was very nice when new, but that's been some time ago. Lobby is worn (water feature is eating away the wall!) and furniture tired. The potted plants are often over watered so water pools before the farthest elevator, contributing to the musty smell.
Check in took at least 15 minutes because only two of the five staff behind desk are actually doing anything. Oddly, everyone from my company - 4 in total - had problems with the room keycards requiring recoding at least once and some twice a week.
My standard, king room was clean - and kept clean by excellent maidservice all week - but bath linens need replacing. The lack of washclothes was irritating, as was the incredibly slick shower floor.
Bottled water is sometimes placed in the room; whether you're charged or not for it is completely random, as is the in room coffee. There is no clock in the room, so plan to bring an alarm.
Room service is unpredictable; the waiters were very nice and eager to please but the food is not great. The restaurant was the opposite: service was remarkably slow but better food. Fortunately, there are some very good restaurants within a short walk.
The bed itself was the best feature of the room: firm but not hard and good linens.
The hotel is attached to what must be the best shopping mall in the city: stores like Ferragamo, Hugo Boss, Prada as well as Starbucks. But the only bank is at the opposite end and the hotel will not exchange currency at all. The exchange desk in the lobby was never open the entire week I was there.
Overall, it wasn't an actually bad hotel, but could be a very good one with just some attention to detail, especially with the desk service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Collection Monterrey is located at the heart of San Pedro Garza Garcia, one of Mexico's most affluent areas and a world-renowned destination for business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your NH Collection Monterrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Monterrey Hotel San Pedro Garza Garcia
- NH Collection Monterrey Mexico/San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon