“Overall Decent”

NH Collection Monterrey
Vernon, B.C.
“Overall Decent”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. It was clean but slightly outdated. The room service food was decent as was the gym. One major negative - the internet was brutally slow anytime after 5 pm in the evening. Not good for the business person trying to get caught up on work while on the road. It was safe, clean and the mall (attached) was nice to walk around. Try the do-it-yourself yogurt stand along with the Sierre Madre Brewpub beer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Silverwoods

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This hotel is in a great location if you are doing business in San Pedro Garza Garcia. Loud music from an empty bar across the street is very annoying.
Service is horrendous -- don't be surprised to wait 20 or more minutes to check in and if you want reception on the phone, put on a movie and wait.
The gym has a great view of the mountains, but the equipment is not high quality. Overall, I am still looking for a well located, service focused, and well priced hotel in Garza.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Stockholm
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was big with big windows and new furniture. Great comfortable bed. Bathroom was huge and nice and equipped with good quality courtesy products. Good shower.
The hotel has a bar so we heard noise until 3. So if you want to sleep quietly make sure to get a room far from it.

• Stayed December 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Excelent location for business. A little bit expensive in internet and breakfast

• Stayed October 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This hotel is definitely well located and the facilities are great. The service is horrible; when my family and I got there no one was outside to help with our luggage and no one told us where to go or didn't even offer to help. No one was actually able to go to the room with us and explain how everything in the room works. Only one of the keys worked when I got to my room and that same problem kept happening over and over. Every time I went out of the room I had to go to the front desk to reprogram my key. The first morning that I went downstair to the restaurant, the host never asked if we wanted a la carte or buffet. We had to wait until the host actually noticed that we weren't standing up, and he finally brought the menu's. The food was exquisite, but one of the waiters was actually a little cold and rude. It seemed like he was actually making us a favor by taking our order. Also there was only 1 towel in the bathroom for all three of us in the room. The only good thing about this is that I actually got a call to my room that night by the Manager on Duty that night and he was very friendly and was willing to listen to all of these things. I really hope they work on that, I still wouldn't stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2010

My experience at NH was awful. I was expecting a real nice hotel and nice ammenities since I was staying at one of Monterrey's nicest areas. Instead i got a hotel with the oldest towels ever, a toilet that got clogged twice and an room that was hot as hell. For the price i should have stayed at Camino Real. Plus I had to pay for parking!!!! just ridiculous!! And to make it even worse, after complaining at the front desk during my check-out, all they said was "fill out a complain card and we hope you stay with us again", no rebate, no free nights, nothing!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London UK
Reviewed September 4, 2009

This sparkling jewel is so slick it's sliding off itself. The front entrance is via the massive entry hall of the adjacent (almost deserted) shopping mall. The ceilings are really high, the furniture rectangular, minimalist and cold, the staff crisply attired and everything is just so brand-new you feel like you are in another world, compared to the hot dusty streets outside.

One thing this hotel isn't is cosy. But it's got everything else. Small to medium rooms, architecturally designed to look "next-week", are comfortable enough. The spectacular views of Monterrey's famous mountains are worth the price of entry alone. The bathrooms have smart his 'n' hers (his 'n' his?) twin wash basins, the lighting is subdued. It's all rather classy.

The bartender downstairs was happy to fire up his own weird vodka-based fruit concoctions, but was lost when called upon to remember the recipe for a daiquiri. Tut-tut. The hotel does not have it's own restaurant, so the breakfast is in a restaurant in the mall.

When I stupidly left my passport on the room safe, a phone call from the airport to the front desk was all that was needed to have it whisked to me by cab, just in time for me to catch my plane. I guess that's pretty good service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
#7 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia
Krystal Monterrey
Krystal Monterrey
#2 of 98 in Monterrey

Been to NH Collection Monterrey? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about NH Collection Monterrey

Property: NH Collection Monterrey
Address: Avenida Jose Vasconcelos 402, San Pedro Garza Garcia, Monterrey 66268, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Northern Mexico > Nuevo Leon > Monterrey > San Pedro Garza Garcia
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Business Hotel in San Pedro Garza Garcia
#2 Luxury Hotel in San Pedro Garza Garcia
Hotel Class:4 star — NH Collection Monterrey 4*
The NH Collection Monterrey is located at the heart of San Pedro Garza Garcia, one of Mexico's most affluent areas and a world-renowned destination for business and leisure. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your NH Collection Monterrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nh Monterrey Hotel San Pedro Garza Garcia