Monterrey has cold winters and very hot summers. Monterre sees itself as a serious business city, despite that given its size and activity, it could also have some recreational travellers visit more often. The city' business orientation and proximity and influence from the Texas culture are evident everywhere. Pretty much all fast food chains operate in the city and business class hotels and inns are very popular, with even the European low-cost hotel chains have opened in the city.
The Camino Real is one of the newest openings and is located in what is considered to be the areas safest neighborhoods inside the municipality of San Pedro Garza Garcia. The hotel is adjacent and actually connected to one of the city' largest shopping malls. Neighboring are the flashier art-deco Safi hotel and the old-school Quinta Real.
My room was nicely appointed, but some intimacy is lost in the bathroom with open toilet areas and very thin door.
One BIG flaw is the lack of proper shades/curtains. Sunlight bursts into your room very early and it is ver difficult to sleep after 6 am.
The hotel's pool is very nice and actually offers very good relaxng opportunities. The gym is very adequate for a Monterrey business hotel. Bice Bistro is extremely popular with locals, so it can be difficult for guests to find a table for lunch or sunday brunch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Camino Real account with Business Center, Droug Store, Pool, Gym , Spa , Bar , Meeting Rooms, Helipad, access Camino Real Club and Restaurants Bice Bistro and Kyo Grill. Our Schedule: Business Center and Droug Store Monday to Friday7:00 am - 10: 00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 09:00am to 17:00pm Bice Bisto Monday to Sunday 06:00 am - 1:00 am Kyo Grill Monday to Saturday 7:00 pm - 2:00 am Spa 8:30 am to 8:00 pm Pool 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Gym 6:00 am -11:00 pm The Hotel Camino Real is located in Valle Oriente , the most exclusive area of Monterrey where can perform tourist activities or business close to major attractions , for example by located steps from the Mall Plaza Fiesta San Agustin and Main Entrance a spacious outdoor area and terraces of restaurants Premium and Gourmet. Located just 20 minutes from Paseo Santa Lucia, 2.5 Km artificial lake . Also 12km south of Monterrey, is Chipinque , nature reserve, for walking , cycling practice , climbing, Free Flight , with a spectacular view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Camino Real Monterrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Monterrey Hotel San Pedro Garza Garcia
- Camino Real Monterrey Mexico/San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon