“Good Choice”

Safi Royal Luxury Valle
Reviewed September 29, 2013

After having stayed in a central city Monterrey hotel in previous visits, my wife & I decided to try this recommended hotel this time as we wanted to stay in a quieter neighbourhood with more relaxing shopping. We were very pleased we stayed here, the room was large & well appointed, the airconditioning quiet, the service & staff excellent. The breakfast was also excellent, and overall the Safi offers good value for business or holiday travellers. Wish we could have stayed longer to try the pool & other facilities. Will definately stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter C
There are newer reviews for Safi Royal Luxury Valle

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Excellent location, just in front of Fiesta San Agustin Mall, near restaurants and with a quick access to the freeway that takes you back to the airport. Excellent restaurant with wide selection of food and excellent quality. Spacious rooms, quiet and also clean room. I have stayed in this hotel multiple times (8+) over the last 12 months with a very consistent experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank al297211
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights with 3 other friends. When we arrived we didn't receive a good welcome from the lady at the front desk (whose name i believe was Nancy), we asked some questions and she treated us like we were asking for shelter. But i believe she is one of those persons who doesn't like her job.

But, the guys at the parking were kind and helpful :)

The room was ok, everything was clean. There were 2 apples on the desk, a tiny chocolate on our beds and 2 bottles of water for free per day.

My room was "panoramical" but there are boulding around the hotel....so...

I loved the ammenities, the shampoo is from L'oreal and I like it more than Aveda and others with unknown names.

Across the street you can find a mall, with several good restaurants, cinema and other shops.

The hotel is located in a safe area, so don't worry about anything.

the pool is a good area to hang out.

I've stayed in cheaper hotels with better matress but is not bad, you can have a nice sleep.

The free cofee in the room is surprisingly good!!!! if you are in a hurry, try it.

The bathroom is big, there are 2 sinks, and one door that divides the toilet and shower from the 2nd sink.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank olitafeliz
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very good hotel with fast and efficient check-in/out, helpful reception staff who speak English, pleasant pool and garden at the back, free wifi, and an excellent breakfast buffet. Our 4th floor room was spacious and quiet. Downtown is a taxi ride away but the hotel is in a nice area with a big mall directly across the road where you can find a variety of restaurants and bars (try Vasto for excellent Italian food), as well as a supermarket, bank, cinema and good choice of shops. Particularly it's safe to walk across in the evening to eat and a bit livelier than the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed 3 days, arrived at 3 pm, check in was super fast (there's always at least 3-4 agents in the front desk), stayed on room on 6th floor. The room was big and spacious (king size bed, ottoman, working desk,), clean and the A/C worked pretty well and silently, I like the rooms very cold and this one did not disappoint. Wifi was fast (they have a wireless network for every floor, your password is good for everyone of them).
The bathroom has two sinks, one outside the bathroom and the other in the shower wc area. It was also clean and spacious.
The pool is medium sized, it has a toboggan great to tire out some kids, the fitness room looked modern.
Parking was not a problem, the hotel has an underground parking garage with several levels, with valet or self parking (both options are free).
I'm finding myself staying more and more on non - big chain hotels, I'm finding the upgrades non existent or not worth arguing for. (this entry level room felt bigger than deluxe rooms on other chain hotels in the area)
Pros:
First stay here and found a couple of apples on the room, a pair of mini chocolates. Was not expecting this welcome gift.
They provide two bottles of water free of charge each day.
The ice machine is enclosed in a room, so its not noisy, and they have a mini freezer with several mini bags of ice, so it's more convenient and hygienic.
Another reason I'm staying more and more on non-big chain hotels, ordered room service the final day (the prices were very reasonable), is that in the bill it clearly reads "15% service charge paid directly to the waiter", not like in other hotels where they charge you 15% only to bring the food to the room, and then you have to pay the tip extra.
The other thing I liked very much is that I had to extend my stay for one day. It took me one minute on the phone, and they charged me the same rate I paid for my previous nights, non of that "let me check if the rate has changed" stuff they sometimes pull.
Checkout was a breeze, used the hotel taxi service to the airport (they have a taxi stand near, it's very secure and were there on time)
There's some construction going on in the area (my room faced it) but amazingly it did not bothered me, as they are finishing now. Alas, it does not matter what kind of view the room description has, there are now buildings all around it.
Cons:
The website is somewhat antiquated, had to use expedia to book.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Roberto C
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We arrived early, although I called a day before asking if we can get the room in time and they said no problem. They gave us a temporary room for 4 us and the baby. I understand check in is at 3pm, We reserved the master suite which has 2 bedrooms plus living/dining area and the only one they have is on the 3rd floor. The bad experience started when our room turned out to be ready until 6pm! You can imagine how frustrated we were with this, especially when they said they couldn’t kick that person out of the room on time and I had a tired baby from traveling and waiting for her bedtime. What was I thinking to reserve this place? Then the night came around and around 9pm a loud noise came from downstairs… our bed started vibrating so were the windows… I was on the 3rd floor and I hear the music from what I believe was the ballroom, right underneath my room, we all had a non-pleasant sleep until the party was over in early hours of the next day, no disclosure whatsoever of the music coming before we got into this room from the front desk. Luckily that was the only night we experience this loud party event underneath our room. The next day we tried to turn on the AC as the weather turned out hotter, bad idea… the AC in our master bedroom reek of dirty wasted water… we had to turn on the AC on the living to get some coolness in our bedroom. The terrace was dirty and dusty.
I asked to talk to the manager at the end of my stay to clear all of this issues, the front desk lady told me no one was available. She took my name, email and phone number… 3 weeks later, no call from anyone…and I finally get a bill, only about 10% discount of my entire bill. It is an insult.
No, I don’t recommend you stay here, worst experience ever!! I always give fair/great rates on my reviews, I can’t believe what I just experienced here for the almost a $400 a night. Stay on the NH Hotel, newer, cleaner.

Room Tip: Stay as high above if you need to stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank claudillita
Safi_Hotels, Gerente at Safi Royal Luxury Valle, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your comment. Our Front Desk Manager granted a 50% discount the night you experienced the inconveniences in an attempt to compensate your discomfort. We are sorry to know that you were not satisfied with this offering. Our guest feedback is always top priority. Safi Royal Luxury Valle would like you to stay with us in your next trip to Monterrey and enjoy a complimentary suite. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice lobby welcomes you to a palace-like tower of luxurious rooms, next to a warming dinner room with piano music ambiance.
You'll be delighted to find in your room a welcome note directly from mr. Safi.
All the staff is at your service with a smile.

• Stayed: March 2013
Camino Real Monterrey
Camino Real Monterrey
#8 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia
Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey Valle
Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey...
#1 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia
Live Aqua Urban Resort Monterrey
Live Aqua Urban Resort Monterrey
#5 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia

Been to Safi Royal Luxury Valle? Share your experiences!