“Great wrapper… nothing of value inside” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Habita MTY

Habita MTY
“Great wrapper… nothing of value inside”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hotel targets the younger business market and tries to impress them with a modern minimalistic theme.
I don't see minimalism as having an uncomfortable bed on the floor at an awkward angle to a small TV so everything looks cool… or having a non-functional glass divider in the bathroom that allows water spilling all over. That is plain poor execution.
The hotel is not pet friendly or clean. There is a myriad of dangers for your pet in the bathroom alone and take a peek under the bed.
The location is good, you are not really close to the major roads and traffic can be slow at time.
The staff is helpful and friendly… they do their best to make your stay comfortable, but the execution of the hotel is such that it is impossible to properly clean it or have a functional stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. All reviews are welcomed. I am sorry that the hotel's design did not fill your expectations. We will certainly take a look at the details you mention in order to improve the improvable.

Adalberto Reiter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

There can't be six hotels better than this in Monterrey. What a facility, what wonderful staff, what magnificent food. To echo SJDGal, it is impossible to identify anything negative associated with this hotel.

I spent all day on the roof top pool. It is one of the best days I've had this year. Muchas gracias Habita MTY.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I visited the hotel in early July, I travel to Monterrey often and usually stay in the city but wanted to try something different.
Habita MTY is one of several hotels from an excellent design group, I have enjoyed staying at the others and was excited for this trip. The hotel is modern and well-designed with a rooftop pool bar with incredible views. There are many stores and restaurants all within walking distance that I enjoyed.
All of this is great but the big flaw was service. The receptionist spoke in her own creation of Spaniglish although there was no need, I am perfectly fluent and never once spoke to her in English.
I asked for room service and the mannerism of the person taking my order was completely unprofessional. I am all for modern and breaking out of the tradional hotel design but hospitality rules should still apply. Mistakes happen, but the attitude of the employees was so unappealing that I doubt I will ever return. Pity.
Also, on my last night there I heard what seemed like a hotel room party with maybe ten 18-21 year olds that kept going til 3AM or so. I later learned that the hotel caters to that crowd and I can see why youngsters would be interested but it is my belief that Habita is, however modern, a hotel and should provide excellent service.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SS_Mendezz
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

It's actually impossible to identify anything negative associated with my stay there. The service was friendly, accommodating, quick, and in perfect English (I don't' speak Spanish). The building is gorgeous with a roof top pool and bar that will make you want to spend most of your day up there. The rooms are nicely designed, very clean, and comfortable. Also, do visit the restaurant, it offers some unique cuisine that will have you eating there probably more than you should! It's also in a very safe part of the city, even though I would say Monterrey is generally quite safe at this point.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SJDGal
Tere G, Gerente at Habita MTY, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear SJDGal,

Thank you very much for your thorough and thoughtful review!

We appreciate your positive comments and it is definitely rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to give excellent and personalized service so it's great to hear we achieved our goal with you. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Pool Bar and Restaurant! From your pictures I can see you had your breakfast with a stunning view. We appreciate the pictures too.

Your insight is very helpful and will help others with their decisions in making travel plans. Hopefully you will visit us again soon and you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you very much! Please let me know if we can be of further assistance in the future.

Tere González
Habita MTY
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I loved this hotel. Great location, everything is close by. Design is amazing, loved the low beds and big bathroom. The bathroom all in marble. The sky bar is amazing, two pools, one on each side. It is a very private hotel. The staff was friendly all the time. Room service took 20 minutes, very resonable time. The hotel restaurant has great food. The chef Marc was great. Also had a time to get some drinks, very good cocktails. I will defenitely come back to stay here. This hotel made a great impresion on me so I wish to continue with Grupo Habita hotels when I visit Mexico.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Habita Monterrey 3 times for business. It is very comfortable and great for work with complimentary Wi-fi throughout the property. The food is delicious and you do not want to miss their rooftop bar featuring amazing views of the entire city. Overall I enjoy this property very much, however, service is a bit slow. We advised the front desk that we needed a late check out and 10 of us would be leaving at once. When we departed two people were at the desk but only one would help us with check out. If two people are at the desk they should both assist in expiditing the process.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Aspen, Colorado, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall, the hotel is very well maintained. I would give it four out of five stars; as the service overall is just a bit slow - but very warm and friendly. The quality of food in the dining room is outstanding, with a very strong focus on local produce and ingredients. Great presentation and portion size. The pool bar on the roof has the best views of town, and a great place for evening cocktails and conversation. The staff aims to please, and everyone I encountered was very professional and polite; just a bit slow in delivery. Guest rooms are nicely appointed, but the beds are due for replacement.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tere G, Gerente at Habita MTY, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Tapio N,

Thank you very much for your thorough and thoughtful review!

We appreciate your positive comments and it is definitely rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay. We equally appreciate your comments of matters we should improve, and I will make sure that necessary actions are taken to correct these issues.

Thank you very much! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Tere Gonzalez
Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey Valle
Safi Royal Luxury Towers
Safi Royal Luxury Towers
#16 of 97 in Monterrey

Been to Habita MTY? Share your experiences!