“Comfortable room, tasty food, & fabulous rooftop bar”
Review of Habita MTY

Habita MTY
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Habita Monterrey 3 times for business. It is very comfortable and great for work with complimentary Wi-fi throughout the property. The food is delicious and you do not want to miss their rooftop bar featuring amazing views of the entire city. Overall I enjoy this property very much, however, service is a bit slow. We advised the front desk that we needed a late check out and 10 of us would be leaving at once. When we departed two people were at the desk but only one would help us with check out. If two people are at the desk they should both assist in expiditing the process.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall, the hotel is very well maintained. I would give it four out of five stars; as the service overall is just a bit slow - but very warm and friendly. The quality of food in the dining room is outstanding, with a very strong focus on local produce and ingredients. Great presentation and portion size. The pool bar on the roof has the best views of town, and a great place for evening cocktails and conversation. The staff aims to please, and everyone I encountered was very professional and polite; just a bit slow in delivery. Guest rooms are nicely appointed, but the beds are due for replacement.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Tere G, Gerente at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Tapio N,

Thank you very much for your thorough and thoughtful review!

We appreciate your positive comments and it is definitely rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay. We equally appreciate your comments of matters we should improve, and I will make sure that necessary actions are taken to correct these issues.

Your insight is very helpful and will help others with their decisions in making travel plans. Hopefully you will visit us again soon and you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you very much! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

In the first room they gave us the bathroom door didnt closed correctly, so we asked for another room, this one was better, but the towels were kind of old and we didnt have hand towels.
Everything is black and white, its very minimalistic.
The restaurant is very good we had breakfast there twice and it was very good, the tea selection is not very good but is better than most hotels, since it is all glass doors its kind of cold a lot of breeze.(There was a cold front)
Its next to a shopping center with restaurants and boutiques.
What I liked about it, is that is in the safest part of Monterrey and all the places that we were going were close by, and we enjoyed a lot the music system in the room.
I have no doubt that with a little TLC the hotel will be back to its original standards.
They have irons and iron boards available just call the front desk

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street have better view, if its cold ask for an exrta blanket
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Tere G, General Manager at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time for reviewing your recent stay. We appreciate all of our guest's feedback and we value your comments.
As per your comments regarding linens, we are currently in the process of restocking them and working steadily to cover all of our rooms, so hopefully you will visit us again soon to see the improvements for yourself.
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast; our chef's morning meals are very popular locally as well and we are happy you were pleased with the food.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My room was a for real triangle not a rectangle, there idea of furnishings, can be seen at Target $9.95 price range. The TV was a, NO JOKING, a 19". The bed is on the floor, you and the dog would love it. Front lobby is ran be teenagers, at $141. per night I walked out, got my own cab and went to El Camino Real, a real hotel! I did see some hookers outside if you like that sort of thing.

Room Tip: El Presidente, Sheraton, Safi, Grand Hotel Anicra, Camino Real
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank airmartex
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Where to start? Noisy. Not iron or ironing boards and you call yourself a business hotel? Orange juice from a carton? Too busy worrying about fashion to attend to your order during breakfast? Bring a flashlight to see yourself in the bathroom mirror? Slow service? Hmm...bring a granola bar because you'll get hungry waiting...stay elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank TravelingAsia_11
Tere G, General Manager at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your comments and consider them as points that definitely need improvement.

I apologize for the mishaps and inconveniences you experienced during your stay, our service staff did perform up to our service standards on this occasion and I regret you did not receive our usual service.

Your opinion is highly valued and applicable corrections will be made; hopefully you will accept our apologies and will grant us the opportunity to prove to you that we listened and that stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Tere González

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed several times here, great location inside a shopping plaza with restaurants and some trendy stores.

Pros:
- Location within San Pedro near malls and business areas
- Modern, new, trendy
- Great views (at least in the rooms I've gotten)
- Beautiful although small pool area
- Great modern fusion restaurant

Cons:
- Price makes it sometimes not worth it as:
- Some rooms are pretty small (might get uncomfortable for couples)
- All three times I've stayed here check in took almost half an hour, which is just too much for a boutique hotel
- No taxis based in the hotel so average wait for a taxi is around 10 minutes
- All three times I've stayed at the Habita I had prepaid my room in advance, and all three times the person at the front desk alleged that I had still to pay
- Noise from street is CRAZY from 5 am on, so stay in a high floor (I had trouble sleeping staying in floor 3)

Room Tip: Noise from street is CRAZY from 5 am on, so stay in a high floor I you wanna sleep later than this...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gsg82
Tere G, General Manager at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate our guests' comments and they always help us improver our service.

However, I am very sorry and apologize for the attention you received from our Front Desk, I will share your feedback with our team members and promptly find solutions for these issues so that they will not happen again.

Hopefully we will have the privilege of having you again in Monterrey with us so that you can prove for measures have been taken to improve your experience.

Best regards.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Habita Hotel in Monterrey Mexico is a trendy, very interestingly designed property-- and it is in one of the best (and safest) parts of a city that has had its share of drug-related gang violence. The hotel seems to pride itself on its innovative and trendy design, yet it has in my opinion sacrificed practicality to obtain this. The trade-off is apparent from the moment one enters the small reception area on the first floor-- and finds several wooden chairs that are incredibly uncomfortable to use, though they have a unique design to them. The hotel rooms are quite small (I have stayed there on three occasions-- someone else pays and makes the choice so I am a captive audience); but the problems go beyond that: the bed is on the floor and is best suited to one more spry than myself, the bath tub is very difficult to climb into, spry or otherwise, the lighting in the bathroom makes shaving (or even seeing oneself in the mirror) a serious challenge, there is no robe or ironing board/iron available, and the light switches are somewhat quirky. The hotel has also eliminted the gratis bottle of water for guests, and while it claims that its water is purified, I personally did not want to take that chance and accordingly had to purchase the water that was available in the mini-bar in the room. On the other hand, the food in the hotel restaurant is excellent, even though the service can be spotty (though always delivered with warmth and smiles). Marco, the chef, is Mexican but was born and raised in Chicago and did his culinary training there; he is a real artist and his selections never disappoint. If one tires of this, there is also an excellent restaurant directly next door-- literally 20 feet away from the entrance to the Habita-- that also has outstanding cuisine (Restaurant Kitchoan). The price was reasonable for the room, I might add. But all in all, I think I would rather have some more practical and less trendy design touches. If I were paying for the hotel myself, I would definitely not stay there-- though just as definitely, I would go for dinner or lunch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business