“Really bad!”
Review of Habita MTY

Habita MTY
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My room was a for real triangle not a rectangle, there idea of furnishings, can be seen at Target $9.95 price range. The TV was a, NO JOKING, a 19". The bed is on the floor, you and the dog would love it. Front lobby is ran be teenagers, at $141. per night I walked out, got my own cab and went to El Camino Real, a real hotel! I did see some hookers outside if you like that sort of thing.

Room Tip: El Presidente, Sheraton, Safi, Grand Hotel Anicra, Camino Real
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank airmartex

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Where to start? Noisy. Not iron or ironing boards and you call yourself a business hotel? Orange juice from a carton? Too busy worrying about fashion to attend to your order during breakfast? Bring a flashlight to see yourself in the bathroom mirror? Slow service? Hmm...bring a granola bar because you'll get hungry waiting...stay elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank TravelingAsia_11
Tere G, General Manager at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate your comments and consider them as points that definitely need improvement.

I apologize for the mishaps and inconveniences you experienced during your stay, our service staff did perform up to our service standards on this occasion and I regret you did not receive our usual service.

Your opinion is highly valued and applicable corrections will be made; hopefully you will accept our apologies and will grant us the opportunity to prove to you that we listened and that stay with us again.

Kind regards,
Tere González

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed several times here, great location inside a shopping plaza with restaurants and some trendy stores.

Pros:
- Location within San Pedro near malls and business areas
- Modern, new, trendy
- Great views (at least in the rooms I've gotten)
- Beautiful although small pool area
- Great modern fusion restaurant

Cons:
- Price makes it sometimes not worth it as:
- Some rooms are pretty small (might get uncomfortable for couples)
- All three times I've stayed here check in took almost half an hour, which is just too much for a boutique hotel
- No taxis based in the hotel so average wait for a taxi is around 10 minutes
- All three times I've stayed at the Habita I had prepaid my room in advance, and all three times the person at the front desk alleged that I had still to pay
- Noise from street is CRAZY from 5 am on, so stay in a high floor (I had trouble sleeping staying in floor 3)

Room Tip: Noise from street is CRAZY from 5 am on, so stay in a high floor I you wanna sleep later than this...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gsg82
Tere G, General Manager at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate our guests' comments and they always help us improver our service.

However, I am very sorry and apologize for the attention you received from our Front Desk, I will share your feedback with our team members and promptly find solutions for these issues so that they will not happen again.

Hopefully we will have the privilege of having you again in Monterrey with us so that you can prove for measures have been taken to improve your experience.

Best regards.
Tere Gonzalez

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Habita Hotel in Monterrey Mexico is a trendy, very interestingly designed property-- and it is in one of the best (and safest) parts of a city that has had its share of drug-related gang violence. The hotel seems to pride itself on its innovative and trendy design, yet it has in my opinion sacrificed practicality to obtain this. The trade-off is apparent from the moment one enters the small reception area on the first floor-- and finds several wooden chairs that are incredibly uncomfortable to use, though they have a unique design to them. The hotel rooms are quite small (I have stayed there on three occasions-- someone else pays and makes the choice so I am a captive audience); but the problems go beyond that: the bed is on the floor and is best suited to one more spry than myself, the bath tub is very difficult to climb into, spry or otherwise, the lighting in the bathroom makes shaving (or even seeing oneself in the mirror) a serious challenge, there is no robe or ironing board/iron available, and the light switches are somewhat quirky. The hotel has also eliminted the gratis bottle of water for guests, and while it claims that its water is purified, I personally did not want to take that chance and accordingly had to purchase the water that was available in the mini-bar in the room. On the other hand, the food in the hotel restaurant is excellent, even though the service can be spotty (though always delivered with warmth and smiles). Marco, the chef, is Mexican but was born and raised in Chicago and did his culinary training there; he is a real artist and his selections never disappoint. If one tires of this, there is also an excellent restaurant directly next door-- literally 20 feet away from the entrance to the Habita-- that also has outstanding cuisine (Restaurant Kitchoan). The price was reasonable for the room, I might add. But all in all, I think I would rather have some more practical and less trendy design touches. If I were paying for the hotel myself, I would definitely not stay there-- though just as definitely, I would go for dinner or lunch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I recently stayed at Habita Hotel in my recent business/pleasure trip to Monterrey. It was my first time at the hotel and was amazed at the excellent service since the 1st minute I stepped out of the cab. I was received by a bell man completely dressed in white which carried my luggage and escorted me to the front desk. The people greeted me like if I were a celebrity, which I am far from it, and checked me in immediately. The concept of the hotel is a chick - modern and the ambiance of the room is spectacular. Additionally to the great rooms and service is their great food. Their breakfast lunch and dinner are delicious, trust me NOT your typical hotel restaurant meals. During the weekend the hotel turns out to be a local hotspot, they have a cool pool bar at the top of the building with great views of the mountains and city. Also the hotel is located in a very cool plaza that offers great dinning and after work drinks. One last thing its location is perfect if you are doing business or visiting in San Pedro since it is close to every corporate office and cool places. I definitely recommend Habita Monterrey for your next visit.

Room Tip: If you like to open the shades while in your room ask for rooms facing the street. The rooms facing...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PableteG
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I recently stayed at Habita MTY while visiting some clients and I was quite pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very well located, everywhere I needed to go was minutes away. The staff at the front desk is friendly and polite. The food at the restaurant is spectacular, not what you'd expect at a hotel, but they also offer the regular fare of hotel standard meals like club sandwiches and pasta. As other reviewers mention, the pool bar has amazing views, great for an after work drink before dinner.

The stay was great, only minor set-backs like the a bit of a delay in room service and I had to wait for 5 minutes for the taxi I asked for to arrive. I like the small designer home-like feeling of it, rather than the big hundreds of rooms standardized hotels. I like personal attention and I definitely recommend Habita.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on "plaza side" rather than "street side" as they are not noisy an...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GustavoAc77
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I like minimalist and functional with good design and the Habita has all three. Plug in your iPod and Bruce Springsteen's Wrecking Ball comes at you from the ceiling. The food in the restaurant is excellent for breakfast or dinner, with reasonable prices for the quality. Gotta love the roof top pool, bar and views.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MountainVoyager
Tere G, General Manager at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thanks for your review! Glad to hear we've successfully met your expectations. We appreciate our guests and strive to always give an excellent experience. Hope you have you back again in the near future.
Best,