“Fantastic experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rowland Flat
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Novotel Barossa for two nights. I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. Such lovely staff and the room was more than adequate for my needs. One of the highlights was dinner at Harrys gazing out upon the marvelous view whilst enjoying sumptuous food and wonderfully matched wine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank d00dles77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice enough rooms, but dry and barren location in summer. No upkeep outside for many years. Way too expensive for what it is, but get away with it due to no competition. Close by there are lots of B&B's and very low end motel style places only. All staff we encountered were very good. Don't bother with the buffet breakfast - VERY poor in every respect and hardly ever filled. Best choice is the tiny salad area. Next time we need to stay in the area we'll commute from Adelaide instead.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SAT5051
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Novotel is a resort in that it is attached to a golf links and caters for those who like other sporting activities, I was there for business so did not use it for its full potential, however I found it to be quite comfortable. The room was a fairly standard Novotel room with a comfortable bed, a chaise lounge for relaxing on, but no coffee table as such, just a long pouffe with a bit of wood plonked on top to provide a hard surface on which to place drinks. The shower worked ok, but it was slightly claustrophobic. The bathroom had a very small bath and a skinny shower, which was an odd combination. The view from the balcony was outstanding, with great views of vineyards and the hills in the distance, and the Orlando winery, which is massive. Staff were excellent, and the foyer area is quite impressive. They had complementary wine tasting on each night that I was there, which I thought was a nice touch, given its location. The breakfast was quite good, although I did make the mistake of trying the gluten-free muesli, which was horrible. This is not the resort's fault as they were acting responsibly, but I am glad that I am not gluten intolerant as life must be pretty miserable. I agree that it is not a 4.5 star hotel, particularly as there is no elevator to the top rooms, which makes it difficult negotiating the stairs with suitcases or for anyone who has problems walking. The Novotel was nice enough, but not memorable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank The_Grumpster
BAROSSA_NOVOTEL, General Manager at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort on Trip Advisor. I can assure you that I take all comments very seriously and sincerely apologise if your experience was not up to its full potential.
It is important that all our valued guests receive a high standard of service during their stay at the resort, I am sorry to learn that you felt we did not deliver these standards on this occasion.
We are in fact undertaking a full bathroom refurbishment this year and removing the baths from some of our rooms. We are also currently improving the gym, equipment and surroundings, as It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Barossa Valley.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is firstly easy to get in to! sounds simple but you can park right by reception when you check in then park close to your room, what a change! great! no stupid charges or long walks with cases.

I had room 40 which is at the far end so is possibly quieter than a middle one? The view from the balcony was gorgeous.

Barossa Valley itself has vinyards and not much else. The cellar door wine is very expensive, can be bought cheaper in the UK! although, I believe when the season ends, they sell it off a bit cheaper, but like everything in Australia, all very expensive.

The hotel has a pool with sun beds around it, the area is covered by huge sails so if you want to actually lay in sun rather than shade you'd have to drag the beds, which I think wouldn't be much appreciated. Only half of them has cushions anyway, so I didn't bother.

There were lots of corporate customers when I stayed, who seemed to take advantage of a night with their work mates. I think all rooms have balconies, so there were a few parties and lots of noise through the night.

Only advice is make sure you have a decent fuel level in your car, there's very few fuel stations!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CF1970
Adelaide
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Advertised as a 4.5 star resort, I found this claim a little far-fetched. The room was nice enough, the view was excellent. The garden and surrounds are very dry and unappealing.
Being in a world famous wine area, one would think that appropriate wine glasses would be provided in the rooms. Not so. One plastic glass and one small picnic glass. I had to go searching for better glasses.
Don't get me wrong, nothing serious, just lacked a 4.5 star vibe I've got from overseas and interstate resorts.
The restaurant was nice - nice food and good service. Expensive, but so are all restaurants.
I just on't agree with the 4.5 star rating. It's a good 3 star experience. Just lacks that 'WOW' factor I expect with a 4.5 star place.
Pool is nice and shaded.

Room Tip: All rooms face the vineyards and hills - very nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZorroAdelaide
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is appreciated.
I am sorry the price paid did not represent our 4.5 star rating. Our prices fluctuate to the market demands, weekends being the busiest time. I would encourage you to visit mid week when our prices are heavily discounted to entice travellers.
Rest assured that we shall address the issues of the glasses and take the steps necessary to ensure your experience remains an isolated incident.
We appreciate your sharing your comments, and are in fact undertaking a full bathroom refurbishment this year and are currently improving the gym, equipment and surroundings. As It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an excellent two night break. The service was exceptional with staff going out of their way to make our stay fantastic. We ate dinner at Harry's Restaurant and the whole meal was absolutely delicious. They have a special menu with additional vegetarian and vegan options which can be ordered from with a couple of days notice - from this menu I was provided with the best stir-fry ever! The buffet breakfast is also exceptional. Our studio room was spacious and spotlessly clean with beautiful views. We found the Novotel a great place to stay and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2013
BAROSSA_NOVOTEL, General Manager at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and your great feedback. Your compliment is an encouragement to all of the Staff as we continuously strive to deliver quality service and experience to our guests. My chef and his team take pride in providing variety and quality in all their menus. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowland Flat
#9 of 14 in Tanunda
The Paddocks
The Paddocks
#1 of 1 in Nuriootpa

Been to Novotel Barossa Valley Resort? Share your experiences!