The Novotel Barossa Valley really has a resort style feel to it which I haven't ever experienced in accomodation in South Australia. It's a bit of the beaten track and once you're there you need not leave as you have everything there for you at the resort.
We stayed overnight (wish it could have been longer) on a long weekend using our Accor free night which we upgraded to a spa room. The room itself was great, lots of amenities including a small lounge area, fully stocked writing table, kitchen with sink & cook top, balcony overlooking vinyards and I especially loved the i-pod dock. The only small negative was that the room was a little small for what I expected of a resort style accomodation & the spa was also a bit small for 2 people, a bit dated and noisy (but nothing to complain about).
The pool area is lovely & well maintained & there is a golf course/club at the same location which is handy.
It was very popular with couples getting away for a bit of a romantic retreat which was great to see.
We dined at the restaurant and got a good deal using the accor/a-club membership.
The food was of a really high standard & the staff were very friendly and attentive.
I would have given 4.5 but I've rounded to 5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the picturesque Barossa Valley wine region, Novotel Barossa Valley Resort is just a 55 minute drive from Adelaide. Surrounded by world-famous wineries, the resort offers a multitude of features: enjoy a game of golf at Tanunda Pines Golf Course or a treatment at Endota Spa. The resort features 140 rooms with private balconies and kitchenette facilities. It also boasts an award-winning restaurant, tasting room, heated outdoor pool, tennis courts, gymnasium, an 18-hole golf course and refurbished conference facilities for up to 250 delegates. Novotel Barossa Valley Resort is a non-smoking resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Barossa Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barossa Valley Hotel Rowland Flat
- Novotel Rowland Flat
- Novotel Tanunda
- Tanunda Novotel
- Novotel Barossa Valley Resort Australia