I joined my son's family, a party including an 18 year old, 15 year old, 10 and 4 year old and there was something to interest all ages in conjunction with the adjoining Twin Waters Resort. Located about 5 kms by road to Maroochydore, and a lesser distance to Maroochydore airport, the property is beautifully located on the Maroochy River, across the road from an ocean beach and overlooks the large lake of the Twin Waters Resort.
Although all facilities of the Resort are available free to Grand Mercure Guests, trapeze school, a lake with kayaks, hobie cats, paddle boards and surf boards(for hire0 for use across the road, the bar and restaurant are very expensive for a family and a 4 star resort. Unfortunately we heard that they were considering charging for the use of some marine equipment, in particular the stand up paddle boards. I see this as greed and a backward step, as most resorts in Australia, and overseas, supply non motorised equipment to guests as part of their
Fortunately the spacious Grand Mercure Apartments have full kitchen facilities, microwave, oven, large fridge and Webber Barbeques and there is a good shopping precinct with a large supermarket, bakery and pub at nearby Mudjimba. I would recommend this or home deliveries over dining and regularly drinking at the Resort.
There are also several pools scattered around the Grand Mercure as well as the lake, beach, river and Twin Waters' large pool.
Beware, Twin Waters Resort can be very busy and noisy if there is a conference on and rooms there are now quite tired and need a refurb.
Grand Mercure Apartments are highly recommended, a very pleasant place to stayt, especially for families and groups of friends, with a few kangaroos are a bonus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebel Twin Waters is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom self-contained Apartments and Beach Houses, situated in an exclusive gated precinct, bordered by the Mudjimba patrolled surf beach, the Maroochy River and a private man-made lagoon full of activities like paddle skis, catamarans water trampoline & a inflatable water park charges apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sebel Twin Waters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure North Shore Twin Waters Apartments Hotel Mudjimba
- The Sebel Twin Waters Sunshine Coast, South Pacific - Mudjimba