“Great Family Holiday”

The Sebel Twin Waters
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed with our children aged 10 and 11 years in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment for 8 nights. We were on the 3rd floor with views over the river to Maroochydore. The apartment was a great size with a huge deck, full kitchen, laundry and a barbecue for cooking. We had 2 swimming pools to use and a short 5 minute walk took us around the lagoon to the Novotel resort where the kids kayaked, swam out to the bouncy trampoline and paddle boarded etc. The location of the Grand Mercure is great you are away from the busy shops and it has a real holiday feel with the lagoon on one side and the sea and river on the other. There's lots of paths to explore and the grounds are immaculate. It pays to hire a car and its about 10 mins drive to Maroochydore, there's also a supermarket about 5 mins drive at Pacific Paradise. Remember to take shampoo, washing powder etc, the room comes with small amounts to start you off, but if staying for more than 2-3 days you will need to top up. We really enjoyed our holiday here, the staff were all really friendly and we would highly recommend. We look forward to coming back in the future.

Room Tip: Our apartment had a great view but limited sun, so keep in mind when booking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
GrandMercTwinWaters, General Manager at The Sebel Twin Waters, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

We were so pleased to read your valued positive feed back on Trip Advisor. We do hope we have you staying with us again in the near future.

regards

Rino Canto

There are newer reviews for The Sebel Twin Waters

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment over the school holidays in July and the resort did not disappoint. We are a family of 2 adults and 1 child and we also had my husband's parents staying with too, so the 3 bedroom apartment was perfect for the five of us. We had Apartment 81 which we can highly recommend. It had beautiful views over the lagoon, the gardens, and the neighbouring Novotel resort and was also in a private corner. Apartment 81 was on Level 2 (top floor) and had lift and stair access. The apartment was extremely spacious and very comfortable, we particularly enjoyed the outdoor deck overlooking the lagoon. On the night that we arrived it was pouring rain and was quite cold in the apartment and we couldn't get the heater working but the ever-helpful Manager, Reno, was on hand and fixed the problem promptly and with a friendly smile, then the next day the lovely staff provided us with another heater and extra blankets which were most gratefully accepted. The staff of this resort really are their biggest asset, nothing was too much trouble and they made our stay extra special. The Grand Mercure resort is in a quiet location so you need a vehicle to get around but its location is what makes it great. The facilities at the Novotel were excellent and we enjoyed the water sports on offer as well as the lovely day spa. Overall, we loved this resort and will definitely be returning for another family holiday.

Room Tip: Book a lagoon view room - the views are lovely over the lagoon and the neighbouring Novotel Resort.
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Over 14 years of regular visits we always have a wonderful holiday experience at the Grand Mercure apartments Twin Waters. Away from the hustle and bustle of the main resort the apartments are a delightful stroll around the lagoon to the main center where apartment guests have full use of the resort facilities. Although the apartments are starting to show signs of regular use, everything is in great working order and the King sized beds are most comfortable. Always aim for a lagoon facing room and those with smaller children will appreciate a ground floor room with a deck that sprawls onto the grassed areas and out onto your own little quiet sandy beach.
Being only minutes from the Sunshine Coast airport the facility is secluded and quite to feel a million miles from civilization. Only real tip would be to hire a car for at least a part of your stay as you are staying quite a way from the Maroochydore city center and although the resort can handle basic needs, the car offers freedom and variety.
I highly recommend this spot for a family break.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in a 2 bedroom villa at Grand Mercure Twin Waters a couple of weekends ago. I was travelling with 4 other ladies who all had their own apartments. Mine was a second floor apartment with balcony, and was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The bed was excellent, and the shower had plentiful hot water with good strong water pressure. The friend staying next to me had a slightly larger corner unit with an extra balcony and a roof deck which was fabulous! Another friend was across the pathway from us, and had a gorgeous lagoon frontage villa.

We had full use of the Novotel facilities at the resort next door, and enjoyed a sumptuous seafood buffet on the Friday night at the restaurant, and tasty pizzas and snacks at the Aqua Bar on the Saturday night. The food from the takeaway was also delicious and of generous proportions (I can recommend the prawn caesar salad and the beef burger - delish!)

4 of us utilised the day spa facility and it was absolutely blissful ($149 special for 3 services - I had sugar body scrub, facial and back/neck massage, but others substituted the body scrub for the pedicure). It was too cold to use the swimming pools at Grand Mercure, but I'm told the one over at Novotel is heated.

Reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the secure undercover parking was welcome. I took my laptop to do some work, but didn't get around to opening it, so no sure if there is wi-fi available as I forgot to ask.

All in all I found Grand Mercure to be a really relaxing getaway - quiet and peaceful while we were there, fantastic facilities within easy walking distance along the many pathways to Novotel, and lovely accommodations.

Room Tip: People moved into the unit underneath mine on the last evening, and I can see that the noise of a fa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Staying in a studio apartment we knew beforehand that it would be small. What's lacking is the basics, 1 small and I mean small bottle of shampoo, conditioner, bath was and 2 small soaps 1/2 a box of tissues and if more was required their booklet providing resort info advised we could purchase more from reception. On entry I noticed that the floors were very dirty, when I commented on the state of the floor on checking out I was advised that the wrong tiles had be laid and housekeeping could not get them any cleaner and they we waiting for the floors to be inspected, I believe that the units were refurbished about 18 months ago and not sure why it is taking so long the floor to be looked at, actually they look grubby.
Resort information book in room also needs to be updated with current details eg: restaurants listed are now closed which includes Lily's at the Novotel Resort.

Reception staff seemed rude never really got that welcome feeling on check-in and check was the same.

Location is good and you are able to enjoy the facilities of the Novotel Resort, you are also able to establish an account at the Novotel. The grounds are well maintained.

Room Tip: Take your own beach towels and extra toiletries.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CPA52
GrandMercTwinWaters, General Manager at The Sebel Twin Waters, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that the Apartment was not up to the standard you had expected. We do try very hard to ensure that all aspects that are in our control are maintained to the highest standard.

More concerning to me was your experience on check in & check out as we do really pride ourselves on being friendly and forthcoming with information. I will ensure that I do share your comments with our Front Desk team in a proactive environment to ensure we are all fully aware of the outcome of not sharing a smile or making a welcoming remark. We do sometimes get it wrong but I can say with confidence that we are trying very hard to ensure that this is the exception and for this I am truly sorry. This is supported by guest feed back that we actively solicit from all our guests.

regards

Rino Canto
General Manger

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Although the location was beautiful, our experience was less than convenient!

With basic supplies missing for a holiday house, e.g. enough cups for everyone and mugs. Not enough knives and a dirty oven which made it difficult to try and cook we ended having to buy salt and pepper to fill up the shakers that were supplied, we had to buy extra toilet paper, i am sorry to say but 3 rolls of toliet paper for 5 days for 6 people is just not enough! We had to buy extra cups and cooking utensils and foil glad wrap etc. just to be able to use the house as a house. we also had to buy soap and washing liquid which was all left in the house but we found to be inappropriate necessary things to purchase to make a business trip work out.

The reception staff and manager have been incredibly rude and demanding and disorganised with a complete lack of communication prior to our arrival. Unles you feel like being abused over the phone and threatened via email, i would not recommend staying at the Grand Mercure Twin Waters.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhccs
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights but I should say it was not really a great experience. Yes, I like the accommodation very much as it's quite spacious plus our car has an undercover and secure parking space. With an accommodation like this one would expect to have an internet access. Unfortunately, I have to drive out of the compound and back in through the Novotel entrance as the internet is there. The receptionist sold me a 30 minute pre-paid card wi-fi access for AU$15 which I thought it ran out for just 15 minutes. I went back to him with a face of total disappointment. I said I really needed to get online so badly. It was only then that he let me use their LAN cable to be connected to my netbook and there I was able to use it for long hours. I said to myself why did he not tell me this before I spent my AU$15? Anyhow I was still grateful as I have finished the stuff that needed to be done at that time. Another thing was, in as much as we wanted to sleep in, we couldn't. The people staying above us were so inconsiderate and too busy making noise. At 6:30am they start dragging their furnitures, kids running around and a woman wearing her thick heeled shoes walks like an elephant. It's just so annoying. The location of the apartment is very quite but it's the people living inside who make the nuisance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mudjimba
Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Twin Waters
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa

Been to The Sebel Twin Waters? Share your experiences!