“Budget stay at Parwanoo”

Hotel Nanda - Shelly
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Parwanoo
Hotel Nanda - Shelly
Ranked #3 of 7 Parwanoo B&B and Inns
Pune
“Budget stay at Parwanoo”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

I was on my business trip to Prwanoo which business city in Himachal Pradesh. I had to stay long for approx 7-8 days there for my work. Prevously in my initial visits I used to stay at kalka which is closer and bigger city. however I tried this hotel and then I started preferring this hotel. Main reasons it is in main market of the city very close to national highway to Shimla. So if you want anything you can just walk out of the hotel and get it there in market.

This was small hotel but quite cleanly maintained. Room service was good. It was budget hotel hence TV is little smaller screen, rooms are just suitable to sleep and small space was left around the bed. Also water availability and Electricty were available without much interruption. Also they had provision of genset ig lights are gone off. However the rooms are old design hence no extra plug was available for mobile chraging / laptop charging. This was great inconvenience to me as I had switch off the TV and use that plug for charging. They didnt had extension board also for extra plug. Laundry service available at request.

Room service is good but they charge extra amount for food served in room. The restaurant is connected which was good advantage as you dont have to search the food after days work. Also it was Veg-non veg restaurant which I normally dont prefer being pure veg diet, but I had no option. In fact there is no pure veg hotel in Parwanoo of good quality food. There are only few veg dhabas which I never tried.

I explored the nearby area on sunday. Its nice walk up the old kasauli road where there is small station called Taksal. This is approx 800 m above sea level and first station on world famous Kalka-Shimla narrow gauge railway. this railway is included in World heritage sites / attractions. This railway is 100 years old and very nice experience to even see small toy train moving on hills of Himachal. I just walked on this track towards Shimla. There was one point from where you can see Parwanoo city and Shimal national highway in a glance.

There was one more point in nearby area. Road barrier between Himachal and Haryana is very nearby. This is starting point to Himachal Pradesh, state famous for Travelling and leisure. They have maintained very small garden with one Battle tank kept there. Also small fort like structure is built up there. This is interesting to watch peaks / hills of kasauli form this barrier. You can also enjoy sip of tea / coffee from nearby tea stall.

In overall I had to compromise to stay in this hotel based on various fcators like comfort, food, rooms, budget etc. It wasnt bad hotel but some adjustments are required to accomodate there. I stayed in this hotel many times due to business work and also one time with my family also. Many people prefer this hotel for sleep over / overnight stay during journey towards Shimla / Delhi.

• Liked — budget
  • Disliked — more comfort required, no extra power sockets
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank PuneTravelbud

Families
Couples

Been to Hotel Nanda - Shelly? Share your experiences!