“Excellent Resort in the lap of Himalayas”

Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Parwanoo
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Excellent Resort in the lap of Himalayas”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you wish to go for quaint and quiet place, I would suggest Moksha Resort. The very look and feel of the resorts excites you to be there. The rooms were huge and well kept. The surroundings of the hotel were very clean and well kept too. I was booked for the timer trail resort but decided to upgrade my room at the last minute. The cable car ride was good and very safe.

I would be wrong not to mention about the staff quality. Right from the Cable car person to the attendant at the resort, the waiters and especially the Chef Mr. Pritam all were excellent. The buffet could have been a little more lavish considering it to be a 5 star or even some A la carte options can be introduced which would add a cherry on top. I could not do a bonfire evening, however its something to die for. I would suggest the resort management to stock the room minibar . My room mini bar was empty.

Very romantic, chic and would re commend this resort to all for the sheer experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gurmeet_s_randhawa, General Manager at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Sandeep Ji

Namaskar !

Thank for your choosing to stay with us ! We are delighted that your last minute decision to move to Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort brought you a very romantic, chic and memorable stay experience. It appears that various elements of Moksha, such as arrival experience with cable car, unique location, weather, spa, rooms, facilities, warm & professional outlook of the Team Moksha came together to create a sheer magical experience right amidst the nature, full of serenity.

“Excellent Resort in the lap of Himalayas” – is exactly what Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort stands for – caring, calm, serene, uniquely located at a height of 5200ft, nestled at the beginning of the mystical Himalayan Mountain Range, set in the Shivalik Valley amongst pine trees, spread over 20,000 square meters, ideal for trekking and nature lovers, offers a perfect getaway to spend quality time right amidst the nature, away from chaos of modern life.

We do offer a’la carte as well as buffet meals (buffet meals are subject to occupancy level). Being at a remote location, we always want our guests to be served with absolutely freshly made food, and we do not offer a menu / buffet selection which goes into many pages. Our a'la carte options are available during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Moreover, Chef would be glad to prepare a dish, you may like to ask for.

I have made a note of your point on Mini-bar, and would take it up with team for corrective action. Yes, I couldn’t agree with you more on Bonfire experience, especially during these days is a prime attraction, offers you a private space / roof-top deck, facing blinking Chandigarh city, turns out to be a top of the world experience.

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your Moksha experience with fellow travelers. I would also take this opportunity to share the same with my pride team of Moksha (Chef Preetam in particular). Team Moksha & I look forward you to explore more experiences at Moksha. Meanwhile, I would be glad to be of any assistance you may seek !

Stay well !

With best wishes and warm personal regards

General Manager | Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Noida, India
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The place is awsome and costly , The cable car is an attraction but once you reach this place you are like jailed in a palace .....every thing is flawless but you but have much to do up at the top. Apart from the room which was like 15k per night food was also quite expensive.
Must go for a day or two max...but more than that you can not entertain yourself there unless you have an extremly charming compnay .....BIG THING IS THEY CALL THEM 5 STAR BUT DO NOT TAKE AMERICAN EXPRESS ( I mean they goof up with AMEX ...they show you the swipe machine but dont accept AMEX)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
gurmeet_s_randhawa, General Manager at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Abhishek Ji

Namaskar !

Thank you for your review !

Glad to learn that you found the destination as awesome. As you would agree, our resort is uniquely located at a height of 5200ft, nestled at the beginning of the mystical Himalayan Mountain Range, set in the Shivalik Valley amongst pine trees, spread over 20,000 square meters, ideal for trekking and nature lovers, offers a perfect getaway to spend quality time right amidst the nature, away from chaos of modern life. Our resort is conceptualised as a quiet retreat and as a place to redefine Relaxation and Rejuvenation in a contemporary and heritage environment in harmony with nature in one of the most awe inspiring locations in the world - The Himalayas. Unlike a city based hotel, we don’t have the glamorous & chaotic life around us, what surrounds us is beauty of nature, serenity & joy of being captive in nature’s lap, for some it may sound as “jailed”. Our guests, rather opting for cities / towns, do enjoy being at such location with their families, friends, beloved ones, where they disconnect with the world outside, spend quality time with each other, and often wish that they had stayed a bit longer. This sort of open, calm and serene space and surroundings, away from noise and crowd, will not be possible in the cities, and does give a lot of peace and calm to the mind. This is what sets us apart from the rest, gets our guests an opportunity to explore the nature closely, relax, refresh and rejuvenate.

Our patrons may however get indulged in various unique experiences, such as indoor, outdoor games at our recreation centre, spa treatments, yoga session, sun-bath, outdoor Jacuzzi & infinity temperature controlled pool, trekking (through village, forest & hills), day visit to nearest places of interest, such as Pinjore Garden, Kalka Temple, Chandigarh – city beautiful, Kasauli. A trip to Shimla or a journey on Narrow gauge toy train may also be experienced. In winters, Bonfire is the prime attraction at Resort, and remains high in demand

Prices at Moksha have been tagged competitively; keeping in consideration the quality of services, and products we use at such location, where procurement and allied costs heavily affect the pricing

I have taken up point, mentioned by you about AMEX, with Front Desk Team & Bank too. Corrective actions have already been initiated to replace the defunct-machine. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience, and rest assured we do accept AMEX.

I wish to reiterate how important your comments are for us to re-look into deployed products and processes, and take corrective steps accordingly. Your reviews and rating are indeed a guideline for us to ensure a smooth guest-experience for all our valued guests, just as you.

Once again, many thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we do look forward to welcome you again, whenever travel brings you our ways

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed with my wife for one night.It is an excellent place on the top of hill with cable car transfer. The rooms are too good in all aspects--size , layout and ambience etc.It is enough for a couple with 2 small children. The view from the balcony is refreshing and all rooms balconies open into valley. It is a perfect place for relaxation---swimming,gym,spa and for walk.The staff make you feel special all the time. The restaurant offer nice options and buffet is really good. The view from restaurant is good.The specially created bone fire place is like adding feather to the cap. The spa services are too expansive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gurmeet_s_randhawa, General Manager at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest

Namaskar !

Its indeed a delight to read comments, such as yours, which give immense satisfying feel of what we strive to achieve and deliver at Moksha.

Uniquely located at a height of 5200ft, nestled at the beginning of the mystical Himalayan Mountain Range, set in the Shivalik Valley amongst pine trees, spread over 20,000 square meters, ideal for trekking and nature lovers, Moksha presents a bouquet of surprise in an ambience, which effortlessly brings together contemporary style & regal grandeur.

Moksha suites, tastefully furnished in natural wood and stone finishes, offer you stunning valley views. The resort has been carefully planned and designed to ensure that the traveller, seeking a luxurious, tranquil or even spiritual experience, has the freedom to explore and enjoy the wide range of unique services and facilities that Moksha has to offer.

Thank you so much for your kind words on all that makes Moksha Experience, you had, and we do look forward to having you back for another blissful Moksha experience !

Best regards

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 15, 2013

arrival was fine. cable car was comfortable. Check -in experience was very cold. Dinner was fine though the staff was least interested in helping you out. Spicy food.
Pool and jacuzzi experience was good.

Breakfast Day 1: Ask i request a waiter for brown bread and he replies back rudely.
Thank god for Waiter Vikas came and was kind enough to serve well.

Breakfast Day 2: we ask for cleaning table outside, no one comes for 15mins. we ask for Masala tea noone serves and completely ignores the request. After half an hour i give the feedback to the restaurant manager about how their staff is.

Requested late check out till 1 pm and they gave only one hour extension upto 1200hrs which is fine. But the next day we were ready sharp at 12 but till 12:30 they did not send cart. we called the reception 4 times and still they were not apologetic.

Room: Room had Big spiders strolling around on the walls , doors so be careful. Earthworms sneaking out of the Electric socket.

Price: after charging a crazy price per night, they charge extra for wifi.

Overall - DISAPPOINTED.

Room Tip: All the rooms are same. try the room number starting 13 & 14, they have better view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gurmeet_s_randhawa, General Manager at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Shivani

Namaskar !

I would firstly like to apologise for shortfalls that you experienced whilst at the Resort, and for any negative impact this had on the overall experience of yours at Moksha. At the same time, I would like to thank you for taking out your precious time to share your experience in detail over our telephone-discussion a while back.

I have discussed each point, mentioned by you, with key area managers & Team, as soon as I returned to Resort today itself to address the issues on priority. I wish to reiterate how important your comments are for us to re-look into deployed products and processes, and take corrective steps accordingly.

Our Resort is situated on hill top, surrounded by densed-forest area. While we do carry out pest-control on regular basis with daily cleaning of all rooms & other guest-areas, insects do exist in their natural habitat surrounding us. We also urge our guests to keep their room door, balcony door & windows closed at all times to avoid entry of insects.

While the team always does it's best to send back satisfied guests, it seems we, on this occasion, lacked to meet up your expectations. Without being defensive, I would like to offer sincere apologies, and hope this shall not diminish your overall stay experience

Once again, thank you for the constructive feedback. Vikas would certainly be praised for the job well done by him.

We hope, you shall provide us another opportunity to turn around the experience, and look forward to your next visit.

Should you require any assistance at Moksha, please feel free to contact me directly

Warm regards

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 9, 2013

nice getaway hill resort for not more than 2 days , the all suite resort has large rooms and bathrooms , good food ...
The best part of the hotel is the spa , one the best spas ul find in the country....

One should visit in a group as there is nothing much to do ....we visited in november the heated pool was not functioning ....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
gurmeet_s_randhawa, General Manager at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Sir

Namaskar !

Thank you for your review !

Moksha comes out to be a unique location, and indeed offers a perfect getaway to spend quality time right amidst the nature, away from chaos of modern life. It appears, various components, such as all suite-property, layout of suites, bathrooms, interior, exterior, food and beverage, services, spa etc. added a unique experience to your stay.

It’s a matter of pride that Spa at Moksha carries an outstanding reputation, and exceeded your expectations. Therapists have been exclusively trained to bring a unique experience through various treatments, such as massage therapies, ayurvedic therapies, manicures, pedicures, hammam rituals etc

Our patrons may get indulged in various unique experiences, such as indoor, outdoor games at our recreation centre, trekking (through village, forest & hills), day visit to nearest places of interest, such as Pinjore Garden, Kalka Temple, Chandigarh – city beautiful, Kasauli. A trip to Shimla or a journey on Narrow gauge toy train may also be experienced. In winters, Bonfire is the prime attraction at Resort, and remains high in demand

I would like to clarify that our infinity swimming pool is a temperature controlled one, and not a heated one. We maintain a temperature of 28 degree Celsius, whereas out-door Jacuzzis besides pool-side are heated one, and picks up a temperature ranging between 35 – 41 degree celcius.

We at Moksha endeavour to redefine Relaxation and Rejuvenation in a contemporary and heritage environment in harmony with nature in one of the most awe inspiring locations in the world - The Himalayas.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us ! We look forward to your return, and hope you will be able to stay longer on your next visit to enjoy the un-explored “Moksha” experiences.

Best regards

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hi All,

I am pleased to write this review, pleased at the fact that I chose to spend my first wedding anniversary at this Property. First of all, let me brief you about the property.
1) Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort (Moksha) is just about 20 KM drive on the new 6 lane Zirakhpur-Chandigarh-Kalka Highway. So, it’s the most reachable among the top destination.
2) To Reach Moksha, you need to take a cable car famously named Timber Trail. This is an experience in itself.
3) It has more than 60 rooms. And all are suits. You will feel that the bathrooms are just an inch smaller than the room, which are grand in themselves.
4) The Campus is 100% Pollution Free. That said they have electronic Golf carts for your transportation. This is also, a nice experience.

Now, coming to my stay! I had checked in on 24th September and was allotted room 5004. On my request the management agreed to show me other rooms. We were greeted at the reception with a very ethnic welcome. The lady representing Moksha was wearing a nice sari and greeted us with a Namaste and a tikaa on our forehead.
Rooms were having a valley facing gallery. The front door opened to the Spa. Moksha Spa (Spa) I was told is having 14 room all equipped with their individual Bathtubs, showers and message rooms. They are next only to Alanda Valley Spa.
The other facilities include Infinity Temperature Controlled Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Gymnasium, A Bar, Open air café and cozy view Restaurant.
The Management was quite cordial. If anybody from the management sees you around, they bow with a Namaste and a beautiful smile. There were other things which the management does to make our day beautiful. But, I would not write them here. You people should discover yourself. I would like to make a special note of Mr. Randhawa’s hospitality, which is a tag above the standards.
This all said, I do believe what many of you have rightly pointed out. The pricing, is a tag above expectations. But, I enjoyed my stay fully.

Room Tip: It depends on your personal Prefrence. We were given Room No 5004 ... We felt it was good !!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adee1234
gurmeet_s_randhawa, General Manager at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Mrs & Mr Dewan,

At the very onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort on this special occasion of your first wedding anniversary. We were delighted that Moksha experience was able to create an everlasting memory on this special day of yours.

We are glad to see your virtual description of the resort, and it appears you enjoyed being here as much as Team Moksha enjoyed taking care of your comforts. All physical and natural elements at Moksha summed up together to create a wow experience, and exceeded your expectations. Team Moksha’s efforts and personalized services just added more warmth to it. Our location indeed combined with nature surrounds us & team makes Moksha a truly unique Retreat.

Team Moksha is motivated by your praise and humbled by your recognition, and sincerely thank you for apprising Trip Advisor community of your stay experience.

Together with the Team, I look forward to extend our unique way of Moksha Hospitality to both you again on your next visit.

Stay blessed and stay well !

Chandigarh
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Pure monoply , the hill resort is amazing,
greeted by polite staff, the cable car ride has a awesome view.
located on a secluded hill top, the resort is also accessible by road, though not advisable.
the golf carts help you cover the steep mountains. the rooms are just amazing, the open air restraunt is coool, enough for the kids, great weekend destination. the weather is awesom, easily accessible by the amazing himalyan expressway. amazing destination
good spa and amazing place, neat quite and serene

Room Tip: All are great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rjainnnn
gurmeet_s_randhawa, General Manager at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Mr Jain

Namaskar !

Thanks for your wonderful review of your stay experience at Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort !

We are delighted that elements such as unique location of the resort, cable car journey, weather, spa, rooms, facilities, warm & professional outlook of the Team Moksha came together to create a memorable stay for you at our Resort, right amidst the nature full of serenity.

Team Moksha too enjoyed looking after your comforts as much as you all enjoyed the stay, and carry fond memories along. Comment, such as yours, keep the team motivated and inspired to serve our esteemed guests, just as you, with a passion.

We sincerely value your patronage, and look forward to welcoming you again in near future.

Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parwanoo
Timber Trail Heights
#7 of 17 in Kasauli
Birds View Kasauli
Birds View Kasauli
#5 of 17 in Kasauli

Been to Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort? Share your experiences!