“Fantastic even if you dont like Heights!”

Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Book In Advance
$131.69*
Kuranda Scenic Railway Day Trip from Cairns
$146.41*
and up
Kuranda Day Trip from Cairns by Scenic Railway and Skyrail Including Army Duck...
$116.15*
Full-day Kuranda Train and Skyrail Rainforest Tour from Cairns
Type: Rail Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Cairns Australia, is a world first in environmental tourism taking you on an amazing experience over Australia’s World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforest canopy and deep into the forest. The Skyrail experience, spanning 7.5kms over pristine rainforest, allows you to explore the wonders of an ancient tropical rainforest and learn about one of the most botanically fascinating and diverse areas on earth.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My Husband was really keen to go on the sky rail but as I am not good with heights the thought was I would drive up and meet him at Kuranda, however I decided not to be so silly and we both went, the first part for me was a little nerve racking but that went and I really enjoyed the experience. We did the Djabugay Aboriginal tour at Barron falls and that was fantastic. So if I can do this trip anyone can!,

There are newer reviews for Skyrail Rainforest Cableway

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Yep, this is pretty cool. Its high, if your not into heights you might struggle, the view is fantastic and the staff are great. We did the return trip on the cable car, I recommend doing the cable car one way and the train the other way, regret we didn't organise ourselves better!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My Partner & I went on the skyrail just outside of Cairns. I am not a fan of heights but didn't want to miss out... I am glad I did it as the views are amazing. The heights didn't worry me at all and felt secure at all times. A definite tip... do it early in the morning if you don't like the heat! we went up and back on the skyrail. Pricing is up there, but definitely worth it for the views. All staff were great and only once did we have to share a gondola with another 2 people.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was there with my family and we really enjoyed looking at all high trees. Great weather in September 1rst.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was a great experience. A must do while you're in Cairns or Port Douglas. Like most people, we went up to Kuranda via the Skyrail and back on the railway. We stopped at each station and walked around - no more than 10 min at each stop. I found the cost (approx $100 return) to be overpriced, but so are most tourist attractions in the area.