“Awesome pant crapping fun!”
Review of AJ Hackett Cairns

and up
Cairns Bungy Jump and Minjin Swing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As the innovators of modern day Bungy, AJ Hackett prides itself on developing and running the world's most exciting, adrenalin pumping challenge for any thrill seeker. Set in lush tropical rainforest of North Queensland, AJ Hackett Cairns, the ONLY Bungy site in Australia, has been Bungy Jumping for over 25 years and even offers a jump menu of 16 different styles that tests the most hardcore adrenalin junkies!In keeping with the AJ Hackett spirit of stretching limits, the Minjin Jungle Swing was created to allow 1,2 or 3 people to experience extreme speed and acceleration together. The only multi-person Swing in Australia swoops through the jungle from 45 metres down to 1 metre in 3.5Seconds, reaching speeds up to 120km/h. But don't think this is a show ground ride - you have the control! You're pulled up 45 metres until you're lying horizontally above the rainforest then it's all in your hands.....All you have to do is pull the self release....AJ HACKETT CAIRNS - EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was lucky enough to do both the swing and the bungy last week and boy did I have a good time. The bungy site is actually a very nice spot surrounded by forest with a bar and plenty of seats outside around the bungy area. Great spot to sit around and have a beer or for people not jumping. Always been a bit sceptical of doing a bungy, so our group warmed up with the swing which was a great way to start things off and a lot of fun. Next up we hit the bungy and what felt like an eternity (I ended up being one of the last in my group to jump) it was finally my turn to go. The staff are amazing at making you feel at ease and great at making you laugh when your crapping your pants up there haha! The first few seconds are very intense but after its a just a great ride and you finish feeling on top of the world! All in all it was a fantastic day out, would do it again for sure thanks to all the crew at aj hackett Cairns!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have visited AJ Hackett's twice now first time I braved the bungy and the second the minjin swing! Both are scary but so fun and the feeling of achievement tops it!
On my first visit it took the very hungover girl a while (15-20 mins) to work out what we wanted to do while discussing a wet t shirt competition and all the details of her night there after with her colleague before helping us as her customer. Apart from this the rest of the crew were great funny and were probably the reason I managed to jump off the platform.
Last week my partner and I done the minjin swing together- this was so fun! Great for people who want excitement but not as scary as the bungy! Again the crew were great and the atmosphere was so relaxed, I loved it!!! Thank you so much everyone!!!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

What a great place! Even if you just wanna go hang out with your friends and not do the bungy or swing, its still pretty cool. Did the bungy and swing. I have done a swing before and was thinking it would be boring again. Boy was I wrong. It was almost more fun than the bungy. Almost. Then I stood up on that platform and jumped. Everything in me said don't do this dummy, but I did it and what an amazing time. Definitely want to do it again. Some advice though: don't thing, just jump!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Thanks for the support, my daughter and her partner did the bungy.. and loved it! and I tackled the Minjin swing with them... well... that was very scary and shut my eyes.. the kids cracked up laughing.. but by no means an easy thing to do! It is now off my bucket list!! ha ha.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Had such a great day was really looked after by Ebony and all the staff they made all three jumps I did awesome and had a lot of fun in between. Cant wait to go back for the Sunday session with live music!! Beer, live bands and bungy jumping can't think of a better day out now!