“Absolutely fantastic and friendly supportive staff”
Review of AJ Hackett Cairns

and up
Cairns Bungy Jump and Minjin Swing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As the innovators of modern day Bungy, AJ Hackett prides itself on developing and running the world's most exciting, adrenalin pumping challenge for any thrill seeker. Set in lush tropical rainforest of North Queensland, AJ Hackett Cairns, the ONLY Bungy site in Australia, has been Bungy Jumping for over 25 years and even offers a jump menu of 16 different styles that tests the most hardcore adrenalin junkies!In keeping with the AJ Hackett spirit of stretching limits, the Minjin Jungle Swing was created to allow 1,2 or 3 people to experience extreme speed and acceleration together. The only multi-person Swing in Australia swoops through the jungle from 45 metres down to 1 metre in 3.5Seconds, reaching speeds up to 120km/h. But don't think this is a show ground ride - you have the control! You're pulled up 45 metres until you're lying horizontally above the rainforest then it's all in your hands.....All you have to do is pull the self release....AJ HACKETT CAIRNS - EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Townsville, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic and friendly supportive staff”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my partner a week ago. The place is fantastic. Excellent facilities, easy to find and great for even just a look.

You can either bungy, swing or if you are not too sure but want to check it out they are very welcoming for you to do so.
Being a registered nurse I am very conscious of safety and I found that the staff are very approachable to ask these questions too

I was very nervous at the start to even jump as I was very nervous. But after watching several people jump I decided to give it a go. Throughout the jump from the girls at the desk to the boys at the jump tower all were great with the nerves and very supportive. Needless to say I did jump and had a ball.

We now have a locals pass and every time we come up from Townsville we will come up and jump

Thanks to a wonderful team. We both had a ball and will be frequent visitors again

Cheers katie

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Katie L

Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a rush!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Up in Cairns for a business trip and decided to go out and do something rather then sit in my Hotel room. AJ Hackett is located about 15 mins away from the airport near James Cook University. Plenty of parking when I arrived but on busy days you may not find one. I was not expecting the steep winding path that confronted me when I got out of my car but when I got to the top I was well impressed with the facility. The staff were amazingly friendly and happy to help you get your courage for your jump. No point just living on the edge...jump off it!

Visited October 2013
Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Whats a great place to get an adrenalin rush!

Can believe that someone just posted that the staff were rude! No way, they were the friendliest and happiest team, and made the experience even better. Top marks for the staff!

A must do!

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“First class experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The location is awesome and the experience was brilliant. I had done a bungy before, so this time I went for the Minjin which is a kind of swing. You are attached to a safety harness and then winched up high into the trees. You have to pull the release yourself and then you fall like a stone until the steel cable swings you back up again. It was so good I did it twice with a special bargain price for the second go. They take pictures of you, included in the price and give these to you on a USB drive. Contrary to a couple of the recent posts I found the customer service to be excellent, friendly, humorous and not at all pushy. Happy to recommend without reservation. Price very reasonable given the number of staff they need to have on site at any time, the equipment they use and their thorough adherence to all safety obligations.

Visited August 2013
Cairns, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beauty, laughter, adrenalin, sheer awesomeness!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place is so amazing! Took our staff for a night out expecting to have a great laugh. We did and so much more. As locals you get a huge discount on bungy and Minjin and the staff are just awesome! I have never done anything like it in my life before and was so nervous but Josh who was at the Minjin swing totally put me at ease and was so professional. On the way up I was absolutely terrified but was there not a book called Feal the Fear and Do It Anyway? Oh my god! What a rush!!! You can experience the ultimate in mind blowing adrenalin in the most beautiful of settings. Live band, wood fired pizzas and the rainforest backdrop....If you are visiting the Cairns region you cannot give AJ Hacketts a miss!

Visited August 2013