“I thought it was super fun”
Review of Cable Ski Cairns

Cable Ski Cairns
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a unique cable-driven water skiing park that my son tried twice during our recent vacation. It's mostly used by locals, but is open to anyone and they treated us fine, so I'd like to review it. It's a good spot for active teens and older kids who want to do things rather than sightsee.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Having not done any water skiing or the like for over 20 years, I found the cable ski exciting. The attendant gave helpful tips when I fell off and I soon found my balance and had a wonderful time.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"learning how"
"obstacle course"
in 2 reviews
"staff were all very friendly"
"jumps"
in 6 reviews
"beginners"
in 8 reviews
"wakeboard"
"skills"
"instructions"

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a must do in cairns for the teenaged children! Also great for adventurous parents. With a great price it is a must do in Cairns

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great attraction! two teen daughters wanted to learn wake boarding after a few tries behind family boat. Staff were very friendly and very helpful with how to improve. We went for 1 hour session and left very happy, much improved skills, but tired and sore as not that fit. Seemed that local "experts" came after work at about 5pm for afternoon fun, so best to get your session in before then.
We shall be back, once our weary muscles have recovered.
PS the hot chips were awesome from the snack bar.
Overall great value for money and can fit in with other activities

1  Thank Ross S
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and two sons (aged 13 and 10) gave it a go for an hour, which is not long enough especially if it is your first time. They had a ball but the youngest kept coming off on the first turn, which meant a long walk back to the start.
The operator was full of advise and support for them knowing it was their first time and the experienced wake boarders who I think had some connection to the park were quick to move aside for others.
Had we lived in Cairns, I would have purchased memberships for them but since it was a quick holiday, we had too much to see and do to spend a great deal of time here.
We paid about $106 (which included a bottle of water in the price) for 1 hour for the three of them. I thought this was a bit pricey but they all had fun and it is a holiday, so I suppose you can't really complain.
If we ever go back to Cairns, I know they will want to go again but maybe for a day next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I visited Cable Ski Cairns with my 3 kids aged 11, 10 and 13, and we had the best time - 2 hours of flying across the water on our knees and falling into the lake, trying to master the corners. We absolutely loved it - it is exhausting work as every time you fall off, you have to swim to the edge of the lake and carry your board back to the beginning. The kids were exhausted by the end, but have asked to go back about 5 times since we left! The staff were excellent - really helpful, friendly and lots of tips. Terrific fun, a great way to spend some time in Cairns!