“Highly Recommended... Amazing property”

and 1 more site!
The Tiger Groove Corbett Resort
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We reached the resort at night, its in the middle of the jungle, the entire drive to the resorts is thrilling enough, try it in the dark...We were goose bumped and thrilled when we actually spotted barahsingha (Swamp Deer) in the dark night, just in front of the resort. So expect any wild animal in the surrounding. The moment I entered in my room, I just forgot that I am in the middle of a forest, Sheer comfort and all modern amenities. Food was great, Service was good. The Staff was very informative, They'll be glad to share forest stories...

Swimming pool is standard enough, Clean. The entire group enjoyed to the fullest. Thanks Tiger groove It was the last day of our trip to Nainital - Corbett and you made its awesome. I have no hesitation recommending it to other potential travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms 103 is quieter and have the best furniture contrast.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank monishgrover4

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights during june 2012. Thought a lot about what rating I should give them, was majorly confused between average and poor, but finally ended up on average.
Though there is good feedback about the resort here, but I am giving my rating based on my experience.
Pros –
1. Power backup is excellent, as during our stay load shedding was one of the thing which was consistent at this place and backup generator used to start within some seconds of power shutdown and all appliances A/c others used to work on same.
2. Service is ok but that too when you call them minimum 2-3 times.
3. Snacks/food/tea was good in taste –more catered to Indian taste.
4. Recreational activities like carom,shuttle-badminton, table tennis were available.
5. Watch tower to give you view from height.
6. Wake up call they give early morning of your Safari.
7. Dinner/Lunch ready calls.

Cons –
1. Around 3 to 4 km stretch of road to this place is no road at all, and if you are not travelling in SUV/other high vehicles, you have to be very slow and careful – so that you can avoid stones on the way. Road is very narrow almost single lane and full of stones.
2. Due to above, you have to rely most of times on resort for anything like drinks whatever brand they have you have to live with it, food, snacks others. What I mean here, is that it’s not that you cannot take your car out and go to ramnagar city center or Garjia road, but point is that due to this bad road/no road you would like to avoid travelling to and fro from resort to main market/highway. So you completely depend on resort for things. And sadly they don’t have any good collection of things.
3. Room cleaning is not done daily - you have to call reception/housekeeping and only then they will send room cleaning team. During our stay we got our room cleaned only once.
4. Toiletries are as minimum as it can be – just 2 very small in size same variety soaps. No shampoo, conditioner, cream etc. As soon I looked at this, I was clear what kind of standards this resort have.
5. Service – as mentioned is good – but you have to ask for it again and again.
6. There is no room service for lunch/dinner, only snacks can be served in room. We were travelling with our kid, and they allowed us to take dinner/lunch to room – provided we carry same on our own, and we did the same, as sometimes, you really want to have dinner inside room.
7. Swimming pool water was very dirty and water was not refreshed throughout the day. They clean leaves, others in morning from pool and then start water flow inside it and after sometime flow of freshwater is stopped and then for rest of the day you have to live with this water. During evening it used to get so dirty, that you could hardly see through it. We tried our best to avoid entering the pool with kid, though we still could not stop kid always.
8. They accept only cash for payment.
9. One day they had a party going on in resort and due to that dinner was delayed.
10. In all – we found resort pretty average – it has all things right from interiors of rooms and outside greenery, but it lags majorly in many things which stops you from enjoying your stay to maximum. Area wise also resort is very small.
I would expect a resort at such a location to have plenty of options for snacks/drinks/food etc, as your customers are depending on you – due to your exclusive location. Toiletries/towels should be plenty and should not be supplied only when asked for

I would suggest staying on resorts which are into the highway road so that you have more options of food/drinks/ others and don’t have to think in going out of resort anytime. I am not saying that other resort are good or bad, but due to good road, you will have better options for eating etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank arpit g
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Hey All!! I recently got to visit The Tiger Groove Corbett Resort @ Ramnagar, Uttrakhanad. After a hectic work cycle for last 6 months in Delhi, I was looking for Peace & Adventure clubbed with top notch Luxury... and I was Zapped with this facility sitting on the lap of hard core "JUNGLE". To reach the destination riding through the Kacha Road on my Honda City was comparatively easy than I thought and it was fueled with lots of fun too. The facility was very impressive, neat & cleaned, maintained & was welcoming me with open arms. It was a wow feel, especially for a person like me who visits Hotels quite often as a part of my Job requirement. The rooms were very comfy & user friendly. I loved Jungle safari on an old Willy jeep. Sipping coffee sitting on a high cliff type Machan sighting jungle view around me was a memorable experience. Food was icing on the cake, served with great hospitality It tasted even more. Playing TT in the morning reminded me of my college days. All in one, I have booked It for 3 days in April to visit there with Family during summer vacations. Great Job by Owners. Cheers!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jnishant
Reviewed January 8, 2012

When you divert on the 4/5 Km long Jungle road leading to the Resort from main Ramnagar-Kaladhungi road, you cannot imagine a resort so wonderful amidsnt the wilderness of the vast jungle. The luxury,comfort and the amenities of the resort are unimaginable in deep jungle. THe managers Mr Amar and Mr Prakash are always happy to be of help and the staff is everready for service with a smile. The rooms are luxuries, food is excellant and the resort is exceptionally clean and hygeinic. The wildlife, birds and butterflies are in abundance. It is a resort both for wildlife enthisiasts and lovers of solitude and luxury. The treks in the jungle and beauty of the nature around the resort are more than enough to relax and soothe your aching nerves. One feels refreshed and rejuvinated at the time when one leaves the resort and their is a feeling of leaving behind something invaluable. A truly magnetic resort which will compel you to visit it again and again. Pradeep Malik, Rohtak

Room Tip: Family Suites on first floor especially the ones adjacent to the watch tower
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The hotel is very clean & well maintained. The food is superb. The staffs are very helpful.
However the approach to the property is very difficult. There is practically no road. & only a SUV can safely make it. We saw a road is under construction. The hotel should make arrangement for parking near the metaled road & should carry the guests in their own vehicle. While returning back we almost got stuck with our vehicle.

Room Tip: In winter sun facing 1st floor rooms are better
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Partho_baptu
Reviewed December 5, 2011

It was a group picnic, and we have decided after searching to websites to stay at THE TIGER GROOVE, because our priority was far from daily life, good property, music & hall for night party etc. We find there a good location & accommodation, and food also was good, our over all experience was very good. Only few of indoor games we have missed, but over all it was very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank HARISH G
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The Tiger Grove....you guys are simply awesome......We went out for a team offsite....the place is situated at a beautiful place....food, staff everything was great......Sky is the limit for you guys keep up the good work....would come back soon.....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends