“Wonderful Stay”

Regency Sameera Vellore By GRT Hotels
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Vellore
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had been visiting Vellore for the last 20 years.Before staying in GRT,Vellore I had the opportunity to become the guest at GRT Chennai and GRT,Kanchipuram. At that time this hotel at Vellore was not operational. I was thrilled to know that GRT has come into operation at Vellore. I contacted reservation personnel where I got connected to one Shashi. She was so nice to co-ordinate the things in such a manner that I had no option but to stay there only. She is soft spoken and very co-operative. Although the entire team of GRT,Sameera is very nice. I enjoyed staying there very much and I will be staying there in future too. I wish all the management and the staff every suceess and prosperity.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Arul M, General Manager at Regency Sameera Vellore By GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Tripathy RR,

Thank you for your valuable feed back ,

I will surely share your positive feedback which will encourage our staff to do more

Thanks for the wishes

we hope to see you soon to have a enjoyable and memorable experience each time you stay with us

Reviewed February 14, 2013

the hotel is located in best place.but the hotel is small constructed area cheap and best foods are not good u cant book this hotel in last minute min book before 2 days always the hotel is full i suffered a lot for booking to this hotel best hotel in vellore

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Rooms are very spacious and clean. Very near to CMC hospital - one-way auto should cost you less than Rs. 10. Staff are extremely polite, but don't always understand English. Free wifi and bottles of mineral water provided. Breakfast spread is ok with eggs and dosai made to order. Only complaint is that they put us in a smoking room which had a lingering smell of cigarette smoke without asking us our preference. Make sure to specify a non-smoking room when booking to avoid this!

Room Tip: Wifi signal is strongest at the end of the corridors, if you need strong signal for skyping etc
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Pros:
- Spacious rooms.
- Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Bathtoom has a separate area for shower.
- Breakfast spread is excellent
- Room service is good. Food is quite decent.
- Reasonable value for money
- Courteous staff

Cons:
- Well, there is only one. The location isn't great. It is a bit out of town. So there is limited eating options around the hotel. But it is easy to find transportation from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I traveled to Vellore to attend a workshop in Christian Medical College last year and I had booked to stay in this hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and the ambiance. Rooms are spacious,neat and clean. Service is on par with the price of the rooms. They also provide a complimentary buffet breakfast which is a good way to start your day with. Food is prepared with care and is excellent. This hotel was like an oasis in a desert and would definitely recommend it for anyone visiting Vellore.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Arul M, General Manager at Regency Sameera Vellore By GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feed back ,

i will surely share your positive feedback which will encourage our staff to do more

Reviewed January 23, 2013

GRT Regency offers a decent stay. The rooms are well appointed and the food menu is extensive though food is over priced for the quality offered.Recommended for business travel- accommodation. Vellore has some good food options available, suggest stepping out to explore the city while staying at GRT.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

At the outset we thank you for your valuble time spend on review our services .will ensure to enrich the food quality

Also happy to share GRT Regency Sameera is the first classified three star hotel in this region

we hope to see you soon

Regard

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I really liked this hotel, it's quiet, rooms are very clean and spacious, lively bar and restaurant, staff very friendly and helpful. Free wi-fi too.

When Vijay is on reception, things run very smoothly, he's very professional... though things are a lot slower when he's not there!

Check-out was a but stressful, I had a train to catch and It took a VERY long time to do it. I couldn't pay with a non-Indian credit card and so I had to change money at the hotel rate (and they wanted to charge me for this too - eventually they didn't, but not after a lot of discussion) they could have told me this when I checked in. Then they have to check the hotel mini-bar and then there was a problem with the bill too. I think the best thing is to give yourself a lot of time especially if you have a train/plane to catch.

Plus, I got food poisoning from the hotel food, this was the only place I ate in Vellore so I'm 100% sure it was there - and the reason why I've only rated the hotel as 'average'. Luckily the management took my complaint seriously and were concerned about my well-being.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Arul M, General Manager at Regency Sameera Vellore By GRT Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your valuable time,we shall surely look into your feedack mentioned in the review

we will ensure that your next visit is sure for delight

Me and my team assures you the best of our services at all times

+91 98401 251 89

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vellore
Hotel Benzz Park Vellore
Darling Residency
Darling Residency
#4 of 14 in Vellore
MGM Hi-Way Resort, Ranipet

Been to Regency Sameera Vellore By GRT Hotels? Share your experiences!