Not really sure where to start except to say that this is the best resort I've visited so far. I fly private a lot, but the view of the slanted runway with talls trees around the red soil was quite a sight. The speed boat ride to the island was equally fun for the kids.
We stayed in Villa 21 (a five bedroom villa), and it was a lot of fun. There's are two pools separated by a divider with a water-park slide into the upper pool.
Two things really stood out:
1. I think the maximum capacity at the resort is about 80 guests. At any given time, I probably saw no more than 10 people.
2. The food is AMAZING.
I'd recommend staying at least three nights. I was there for only two but wished I had a couple more days.
I have all my pictures on loveit.com - you can see them at http://loveit.com/collections/B0BRYB8-WxOSGbODpvo6ZH-
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remote yet accessible, Soneva Kiri sits on Thailand's fourth largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, in the Gulf of Siam. Surrounded by lush, vibrant tropical vegetation and white beaches, fringed with palm trees, the resort has been tastefully and cleverly designed to complement the landscape and blends seamlessly into the outstanding natural beauty. Soneva Kiri epitomises the Soneva concept of 'intelligent luxury'. Only an hour's flight in the resort's private plane from Bangkok, it feels a million miles from the real world. The sense of tranquillity, seclusion and harmony with nature is second to none. Far away from the beaten track and well-trodden tourist attractions this is Thailand as it used to be thirty or even fifty years ago, genteel and untainted. And also just one hour by boat from the wonders of Cambodia. The 35 pool villa resort is perfect for groups or families, as it provides villas with up to 6 bedrooms. It also has a unique children's den in the form of a manta ray, and a newly launched Intrepid Explorer's Club for the children under 5 years old. It was recently awarded with The Smith Award "Best for Families" from Mr. & Mrs. Smith. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Soneva Kiri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Kiri By 6 Senses
- Soneva Kiri By Six Senses Hotel Koh Kood