“Beach bungalow in lush tropical setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Jum
Koh Jum Oonlee Bungalows
Ranked #1 of 8 Ko Jum B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Great place to stay, if you are looking for a remote island getaway. Oon and Val are great hosts. They accommodated my desire not to eat much meat and the food was delicious. The island is not very populated, and the bungalows are in a part of the island that make it difficult to get to the town.

There is no wifi or internet at the bungalows, nor any hot water, just fyi.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank jillbertini

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I didn't stay in Oonlee resort but frequented the beach bar quite often. It is run by a friendly Irish lad called Enda and the bar has great sunset views. Always a good vibe.
If you can make it up the 80 steps Oonlee has a great restaurant although it's not cheap.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank stanhaas
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We chose to spend one week on Koh Jum Island, for a paceful and relaxing break, and we really enjoyed our stay at Oon Lee. Good food, snorkelling, massage, trips to Bamboo /Mosquito Islands near Koh Phi Phi, to Koh Jum Island villages - or just relaxing reading a book, looking at sunset or having a cocktail. Valerie and Oon do their best so that everyone can enjoy this/her 'dream' holidays. Children loved it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cristinaoh
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Before I was meeting up with my friends in Koh Phi Phi Don, I went travelling a little bit around on my own in Thailand. When I arrived at the airport in Phuket, I called Valene, the French lady which owns and runs Oon Lee Bungalows together with her husband Oon, to check if they had an available bungalow for me from Dec 27-30. They were only available till Dec 29, but she promised me to help me find a new place to stay before leaving them. So I arranged for a car picking me up in Phuket, and then I went by ferry to Ao Nang, then by car to Krabi, and then by ferry towards Koh Jum.
The ferry stopped in the middle of the sea outside Koh Jum, and Oon Lee Bungalows picked me up by a longtail boat, and took me ashore.
A more quite, beautiful and peaceful place like this, is the best for enjoying vacation in Thailand. Valene and Oon are very friendly, and help you with any questions or troubles you may have - I broke my glasses, and they offered to go to the village to get me glue to fix them. And luckily for me, someone had to cancel their stay there due to they had to stay at the main land for hospitalization, so Valene asked me the morning I was going to leave, if I wanted an extra night, and of course I said yes! Thank you so much, both of you, for a fantastic stay! I will return for sure!
The food at their restaurant "Ma Cusine" is awesome - both the Thai dinners soups and curry, then breakfast with fresh orange juice and fruits! The spot is a hidden gem - a hidden paradise. You can go for snorkelling, diving, boattrips, hiking and go to the village. The island of Koh Jum has view towards Koh Phi Phi Islands.
The bungalows are awesome too, beautiful and practical! A little hard beds, that reduce the sleep quality at night, but that you'll gain back in the afternoon in the hammock which every bungalow is equipped with.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank t_p_ribland
Reviewed January 25, 2011

It's 9 pretty bungalows up in the treetops. It's clean, simple and all you ask for on a relaxing holiday. Their fusion kitchen is superb and the staff is the best I'v met. We loved it and will come back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linafina
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Delicious food (banana fritters with honey, green curry, tamarind& ginger-really the whole menu), steps up from the beach (the exercise is good with all the beach lounging), lovely bungalows,friendly and considerate staff, on site massage by the sweetest ever masseur, great bar to watch incredible sunsets, climb rocks and walk to remote magical beach after remote magical beach, dip in perfect water-need more? There is actually more but you'll just have to go yourself. This island and this resort is all you need.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank mcgoldy
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We have been at Oonlee's in November for 4 nights. The whole place is perfectly clean, everything looks well-thought-out and well organised (the garden is beautiful as are the rooms and the sitting/dining areas). Almost all days we had rain, unfortunately. However, the resort offers several places to stay and spend the time. In particular the big sitting/dining areas with the comfortable chairs make you feel like home (all in all a very relaxed atmosphere); furthermore Valerie and Oon were very helpful and contributed to make our stay a pleasant one (they really care for details such as fresh flowers in the room etc.).
The prices in the restaurant are higher than elsewhere, however, quality and taste of the food are excellent!
If you are looking for a place to chill or to relax we can highly recommend this place!
Thanks to Valerie and Oon for the good time there!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple