“7 Days in Roi Et”

Thanintorn Green Park
Bangkok, Thailand
“7 Days in Roi Et”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I spent a very pleasant week in this hotel. We had travelled up on family business with the intention of staying 3 days, but as it turned out we were there for a week.
We found the staff to be very polite, friendly and helpful.
The room was large, bright and comfortable. Good free wifi available throughout.
Breakfast was buffet style with a large selection of Thai and Western food and fruit.
Overall a very pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BKKBrian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had three days here in a two bedroom "suite" and for an up country regional hotel it was ok I suppose. Check in was pretty quickly taken care of in quite a nice lobby area and we were taken up to our room. My wife is Thai so language wasn't a problem but I think there could potentially be a few difficulties with some staff if you don't speak a bit of Thai.

The two bedrooms were seperated by a central area which contained dining furniture, a fridge, a TV (the twin room had a TV also) and an AC unit. both bedrooms has AC also and opened onto this area via sliding glass doors. The bathroom was off of the twin bedroom so I would say that this set up is ok for familys rather than friends sharing as you could have to go through someones room to use the toilet in the night. The beds were all comfy enough and I slept ok as did my wife and daughter. The bathroom was large with a bath with a shower above it and another shower in the corner but without a box around it and with the water just draining off down the slope.

As mentioned by another reviewer there are a number of holes in the walls where fittings have been removed and these have not yet been filled and the walls painted. It needs doing.

The breakfast wasn't overly inspiring but I have had worse. Some of the food which should have been kept hot by burners etc was left to go cold and although they'd turn the heat back on for you it didn't look very appealing by then. I did have a couple of good soups though which had been kept hot.

One of our three AC units stopped working and the maintenance team took a while but they did manage to get it working again for which we were thankful.

As there probably aren't that many foriegn tourists to Roi Et this place seems to cater more to the business market with a conference centre onsite. It's an ok place but don't go expecting The Ritz. I think our room was about 2600 Baht.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Waspie_10
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

How anyone could describe this hotel as a jewel is beyond me.We stayed for 2 nights early february 2013.There was a wedding the day we arrived that the receptionist neglected to tell us about and consequently the hotel was virtually booked out.It has a very large and granite covered foyer but from there on it's all downhill.We were only interested in a suite and the only one left was a 2 bedroom where the 2 bedrooms were divided by sliding aluminium doors and fixed glass from the centre room that was furnished with a table and chairs.There was no settee or anything else to sit on except dining chairs and this is in a suite.
The 2 TV's are small and around 20 years old and there is no CNN, BBC or any other english channel.
In the front bedroom and the room with the table are 83 holes in the walls where previous things were attached to the walls.The walls are white with no decoration whatsoever.The floors are some sort of imitation wood grain sheet covering.
Each bedroom has a wardrobe if you could call them that.The cheapest,smallest bit of rubbish you could ever find, falling apart and not a single coat hanger in either.
At first glance the bathroom seems OK. Then you find out there is no hot water at the basin and none at the shower.There is a shower over the bath with the worst setup for hot water which is mostly too hot and just dribbles out.There is not a single powere point in the bathroom and next to none elsewhere.
The staff are offhand and just don't care.I like to sleep just under a sheet instead of the usual hotel thick bed covering and for the first time a hotel refused to give me a top sheet.
This hotel is depressing in all aspects and does not deserve to be the number 1 hotel in Roi-et.It got this way because of only 2 reviews neither of which went into any detail about the facilities.I was originally going to give it 2 stars but as I've been writing this I realise it's nothing more than a dump and a rip-off as I am paying 2400B for the pleasure.I hope that foreigners reading my review will downgrade this hotel to the level it deserves.
Breakfast was what you would expect.No juice,cereal or even milk.Lucky I had my own.
I did a quick check of 2 other hotels, the Roi-et City hotel and the Pecherat Garden Hotel. Both were dirty and a haven for smokers who can smoke anywhere including the rooms and the latter had sand filled ash trays on every floor.So I don't know what to suggest.
Today we are going back to Maha Sarakham where there is at least a decent hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank cyclist911

Travelers are raving about these Roi Et hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Just out of town, but if you are looking for peace and quiet, this is the place for you.
Lovely pool, the staff are wonderful., and a "Steal" at 750 Baht a night, includind breakfast, and free WiFi

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies, and ours was looking over the pool. All are air conditioned, and spacious...