“Said Salim, the guide who made my safari the best!”

Usambara Adventures
Reviewed September 3, 2013

During the month of May 2013,

I left alone for Tanzania, where I made a 3 days safari across ngorongoro crater,tarangire and lake manyarg national parks! A guide I had in a previous expedition gave me Said Salim' number, owner of the Usambara Adventures (a Tanzanian tour and safari company - http://www.usambaraadventures.com/index.html - or should I say the best one).

I call him on a very short notice and explained him I was alone and had a very limited budget. With out any remarks on the short delay, he presented me the best plan I could have found respecting all my constraints!

Sawing the other groups and jeeps, I can tell I definetly had the best guide! I had a wonderful experience! He always did his best to find as many animals as he could, while respected the animals and the parks. He was so knowledgeful and provided numerous information about each animal. The whole trip he listened to my demands (like starring longer at an animal) and proposed me different options.

Kind, friendly, professional, experienced and knowledgeable, that's how I would describe him. Furthermore, he uses a part of the profit to reinvest it in the Tanzaninan community (which I testified myself!).

Really the best choice! If you are going to Tanzania, call him! He does not only do safaris, but all kind of expeditions and can take you in charge directly from the airport! And really fair prices!

Thank's again!!!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a wonderful time trekking through the Usambara mountains with our amazing guide: Said Salim. The landscapes are breathtaking, the people are welcoming, and we just had the best time. Our guide Said really made the trip for us. He was really easy going, had lots of good local knowledge and stories to share and was generally a great guy to be around. He is always smiling and upbeat, and a very gentle soul that was a pleasure to be around.

We trekked for 10 days with Said in the Usambaras. He also organized a 10 day safari for us through 5 different national parks. All of it was a great success. The driver and cook he hired for the safari were experienced and great guys to hang out with. The food we ate was well beyond our expectations and we could not help but put a few too many pounds on. We travelled for 5 months this past year, and the trip to Tanzania and the time spent with Said, was hands down our favourite of it all.

If you are thinking of a trip to Tanzania and don't want to book with a larger tour group, I would highly recommend Said. He will customize a trip to meet your needs and you will not regret it!! He is a great guy who gives back to his communities, drop him a line!

1  Thank mjdubb
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We met Said Salim in Lushoto and he offered us plenty of different choices among which we could choose the best option according to our expectations and the available time. We hike among Usambara mountains, departing from Lushoto and reaching Mtae. We learned a lot about local tribes' culture, animals and plants. During our hiking we could see very beautiful and unique landscapes, welcoming people and cheerful children. We had the chance to interact with local people and we even learn how they cook. Said was our guide and thanks to him it was a very enriching experience, he was very kind and taking a very good care of two of us always prioritizing our expectations over anything else. He is a very experienced and professional guide, the best we have ever met!!
Website: http://www.usambaraadventures.com. Email: usambaraguide@yahoo.com

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went on a day trip hiking through Usambara Mountains starting in Lushoto. Said (Usambara Adventures) took us to a beautiful walk. He also picked us up at the bus station the day before which was pretty nice! He's a great guide and I would highly recomend to visit Lushoto and meet up with Said there!

1  Thank J_unterwegs
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I highly recommend arranging a hike with Said Salim's company, Usambaraadventures. My guide's name was Musa and he was absolutely wonderful. Extremely knowledgeable about the area and full of interesting stories. Some of the hikes can be quite long and difficult (if you're hideously out of shape like me), and Musa was great at pacing the hike and knowing without being told when to slow down, stop, or take a break. He is also the perfect combination of talkative and quiet. If you hike with Usambaraadventures, I enthusiastically recommend Musa as your guide.

Website: http://www.usambaraadventures.com/reviews.html