I spent 6 nights at Devaaya after a busy 4 weeks studying in Mumbai. It was everything I needed - peaceful, quiet, comfortable, clean and relaxing. My room was lovely with a balcony overlooking the neighbouring fields and coconut trees. The treatments were great and very worthwhile (though, as someone else has noted, don't go if you are uncomfortable without clothes!), helping suprisingly well with joint pain from rheumatoid arthritis. Going during off season I actually found quite worthwhile. Though it was rainy and there weren't as many activities on as on season, it was so quiet, and the area was really lush. I also found the rain quite soothing! The food is great and there's enough of it that you don't feel the need to snack, and the service is immaculate! I would recommend taking the pre-yoga cleansing, yoga, and meditation every day, as suggested, as it really contributes to the overall ayurvedic experience.
I only got back yesterday and miss it already. I'm definitely inspired and willing to continue living an ayurvedic lifestyle. I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devaaya – “ Divine Healing” is Goa’s only Ayurveda & Nature Cure Centre which provides traditional Ayurveda & Naturopathy therapies in a modern, luxurious and relaxing environment. The Centre has traditional Goan style villas situated on the idyllic island of Divar easily accessible by drive-in river ferry, surrounded by lush greenery and the cool blue waters of the river Mandovi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature cure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devaaya - Ayurveda Retreat Hotel Divar Island
- Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature Cure Centre Goa, India - Divar Island