Frankly speaking I was skeptical when I was asked to check this hotel out as it is located on an island and so obviously, you can’t just go loitering around looking for markets n all. Well, I took the leap and the property/resort turned out to be surprisingly good.
The booking was arranged by our tour operator Antilog Vacations and they did gave some good services + Ayurveda package along at cheaper rates than what others were offering.They offered us 5-6 ayurveda resorts and we booked it finally
The rooms are huge with 2 huge windows which makes the room look airy,2 washrooms for a single room, 1 mirror overlooking the room, a 21 inch LCD TV, 1 writing desk, a coffee table, 1 bedside table and a ok wardrobe which can be just used for keeping folded clothes and to top it off...everything at your fingertips and yes keep the A/C on 24*7 cause it’s a 1 ton split a/c which needs time to cool the room and if you want that perfect cozy feeling then you need to have the a/c running at all times.
The swimming pool was a standard size swimming pool, which is looked after every day, but the sad side... no changing rooms for the swimming pool which turns out to be a folly when it comes to ladies and the washrooms attached to the pools are not well managed and dirty.
Let’s venture towards the restaurant now.
The food is the best vegetarian and Indian food I have ever eaten, just delicious. The staff is very friendly and always more than welcome to provide you anything you need.
I would state that the only thing which needs to be taken care of is the buffet breakfast. The choices in the articles served on table can be increased.
The room service is slow, which I actually don’t complain about, Goa being a easy going place and frankly speaking even though they take 10 mins instead of 2 ... they do the job well so thumbs up on that.
The retreat needs a stay of at least 10 days to get the full benefit of the Ayuveda regime, which starts with yoga every morning and 2 treatments per day. Everyone is scheduled for a daily doctor’s appointment and this gives the feeling of really being cared for.
Thanks for making my trip delightful. Surely returning next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devaaya – “ Divine Healing” is Goa’s only Ayurveda & Nature Cure Centre which provides traditional Ayurveda & Naturopathy therapies in a modern, luxurious and relaxing environment. The Centre has traditional Goan style villas situated on the idyllic island of Divar easily accessible by drive-in river ferry, surrounded by lush greenery and the cool blue waters of the river Mandovi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature cure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devaaya - Ayurveda Retreat Hotel Divar Island
- Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature Cure Centre Goa, India - Divar Island