Devaaya Ayurveda & Nature Cure Centre
Island House(Divar Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsminimum dayssprawling areayoga sessionsper dayriver islanddetoxretreatrelaxationindiafacilitieswellnessresortteachermr
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I visited Devaaya (from Atlanta, Georgia) for seven nights in May of 2011. I was traveling alone and didn't really know what to expect so I had no expectations. Knowing that I wanted to stay an an ayurveda resort in Goa, I located Devaaya on Trip Advisor. I booked my stay completely by e-mail, and although I was nervous about whether or not someone would be there to pick me up at the airport, I had NOTHING to worry about!

Resort/Facility: The grounds are absolutely stunning and manicured to perfection. There are constantly people working to keep it this way, and their hard work is obvious and pays off. My room was very comfortable and had a lovely view (including a western toilet and hot water). I was in one of the two story villas overlooking a field and some of the river. Beautiful! All of the facilities were very well taken care of (breakfast area, yoga/meditation center, spa, pool) and very enjoyable. I spent a lot of time at the pool, and I wished I had brought more than one swim suit.

Staff: Where to start - the people at Devaaya are really what made my experience what it was. From my driver, to housekeepers, cooks, servers, instructors, tour guide, receptionist and of course the Manager, Amriita - they were all so hospitable, friendly and always willing to help and please. They truly made me feel very special with all of the attention and care. I deeply missed everyone the moment I left!

Food: Hands down, the best Indian food I've ever had, and potentially the best food ever. Everything is cooked in a very healthy style, but you would never know based on the taste. Every meal is different, although certain items will be repeated, which is FINE because you'll start to look forward to certain items. If you allowed based on the diet the doctor gives you, I highly recommend trying a little bit of everything they are serving at lunch and dinner, rather than just trying one or two things. Small portions of everything is the way to go! The teas offered at breakfast are also amazing - NO caffeine allowed though, so prepare yourself.

Divar Island/Goa day trips: Keep in mind that Devaaya is on a island, so you can't walk to a market or really anywhere for that matter. They don't really want you leaving for the entire day so that you can get both/all of your treatments and so that your diet/detox isn't interupted, but you really have to take day trips to see Goa. You can plan your treatments ahead of time around your day trip schedule. Check out the sunset and Anjuna and/or Vagator beach, Mapusa market on Fridays (my favorite thing!), Sakahari Spice Farm and elephant rides, Panjim market (and shopping that surrounds it). You need cash pretty much everywhere. I didn't bring travelers checks but just got all my money from ATM's.....the driver will take you to one anytime you need it.

Overall, I would highly recommend Devaaya to anyone who is looking for relaxation, detoxification, a sun tan, amazing service and incredible food. This resort is very laid back and just what I was in the need for. It was a dream come true and I will definitely go back! Next time, for longer than 7 days. Feel free to contact me with questions!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Andria D
Reviewed April 19, 2011

This hotel is so quite. It's set on Divar Island, surrounded by fields. It has a wonderful pool, beautiful gardens, fabulous views. It is a meat/alcohol/coffee/tea free resort. The spa treatments are wonderful, but if you have issues with being naked in front of same sex people, I wouldn't go here!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank abellfairclough
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I spent 2 weeks in Davayya. Not enough!!!
I'll defenetly go back next year in the same season for at least 4 weeks. The standard room are very basic but very well equipped. The housekeeping is not exactly the top,(sometimes they forgot to clean up the floor in the room and also in the toilette!!!!!
The food is EXCELLENT, in 2 weeks I never had twice the same dish, but the waiters are very rude. That's too bad

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank elena0411
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I spent 2 weeks in Devaaya and it was truly wonderful. The staff were fanstastic and very attentive. The treatments were top quality. I would recommend this spa resort to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Really quite and peaceful resort - a hide away from the touristic spots in goa.
The atmosphere, the ayurveda-treatments and the stuff offered us a deep relaxing stay within one week. We loved this place very much and would recommend it to our friends.
For further improvement we recommended the management to deliver more space to have dinner outside. We would have also appreciated more peronal advice to continue the ayurvedic way of life back home.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MWBBerlin