Hotel Panchsheel
Hotel Failaka(Benaulim)
  • Restaurant
Sandray Resort(Sernabatim)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrailway stationhot watersingle bedroom servicemargao marketawesome hotelenjoyed our stayearly morningrooms are cleankmoptionpremisesbudgettouristsvehicle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2012

It is at good location in terms of the reach to the bus stand, railway station and also any essential needs that may be needed. They come under budget hotels category and can provide with the basic necessity in the locality and not the luxury , pomp an other facets.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bkmthy
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Me and 2 of my friends decided to book this during new year eve...the hotel location is too bad..we took almost 30 mins to locate the hotel..hotel staffs attitude is too bad...they don't even pick the intercom...the towels and bed sheet were dull and dirty..we asked for an extra bed which was half broken...the complimentary breakfast really sucks...u can't even eat them...altogether our experience was tooooo bad...we checked out after 1 day and then took 1 tourist hotel which was far better than this...not recommended at all..

• Stayed: December 2011
10  Thank Paranormalcoder
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I was with my family and went to Goa. While returning I wanted to get Konkan railway from Madgaon. This hotel is close to railway station (around 1.5 km) and can be walked down with less luggage. We approached the hotel from Madgaon municipal building where bus leaves you as last stop. We had to inquire a lot to get the hotel. Interestingly there are few bikes available who can drop you at your destination just like rickshaw.
The hotel is having nice lobby and multistory building. We checked in the room. It was very nice to see large window where from we could see longer distance, lush green mango trees, listen whistles of railway engines etc. The room was quite bigger and neat & clean. The bed, TV were of good quality & taste. Many times I see very smaller TV sets in budget hotels (especially in Delhi) However here TV was bigger & good picture quality. Toilet / bathroom also good and clean.
Later we went out for walk in evening. There is nice children park near municipal corporation. Our kid enjoyed playing different games there. After some time, we experienced some heavy rain showers also. We also had some shopping on foot path hawkers nearby. We had to take auto to get to the hotel as lights were off after heavy rain. Thankfully hotel had genset working. We freshed and went to adjoining restaurant which is there part only. The food was ok, but I felt bit uncomfortable there as it was bar also. Anyway after dinner, we rested in the room. It was very peaceful sleep. In morning we took bed tea & milk for our kid. It was elegant room and stay we enjoyed. The only problem was, the hotel management wanted us to pay some difference between the travel website charged us and what they get from them. They were saying that their contract with travel website was with old rate and we should pay the difference. We could convince them that it was their and travel website issue and we have no role to play in. Finally they agreed. But in overall it was good stay and we went to catch the very famous Konkan railway which is very pleasant with natural beauty.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank PuneTravelbud
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I had the misfortune of staying in Hotel Panchsheel near Madgaon in South Goa. I have seen good hotels, I have seen bad hotels and I have seen average hotels but this hotel should come in the category of worst hotels.
I had booked their most expensive air-conditioned suite and this is what I got:
The ants were crawling all over the floor near the door. Their bed lights, bathroom lights and mirror lights were not working at all. Phone was dead. Regulator of their fan was not working. There was no cleanliness and no one would come to even sweep the floors till you complained to the reception. There was no room service since the phone was not working. Mind you, phones of more than 50% of the rooms were not working and the guests had to shout their orders standing at the passage. The funny thing is my passage light was also not working.
I stayed there for three days and drinking water was not provided or changed even once. The staff seemed least bothered about their guests and were totally indifferent. I had to carry my luggage myself both while checking in and checking out. On top of it on the last day there was no water supply at all and I could not even take bath.
I got all this despite booking their most expensive room. I shudder to think what treatment the ordinary guests would get

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
15  Thank Vinodhemdev
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Hotel is good and neat and clean.Only tea is served in room.For breakfast,lunch and dinner have to go to the restaurant which is below.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank khanin22